GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

IMO opinion it's a mistake to change the SR scale from 0-100 to letters. The more granular the scale is, the easier it is to see improvement and decline in your numbers and to know you're on the right track. The more feedback you get, the easier it is to tailor your gameplay to improve your rating. It's also a pat on the back for a good race that might otherwise not have a good result. You finish 11th but drive clean and gain a point in your SR. Now, you'll drive clean, finish 11th, and your rating will stay the same. It also gives them the ability to more finely tune the match making system. If a letter covers 20 scale points, for example, that means racing against other players in the C scale could be ranked from 40-60, which is a pretty wide range. If tens of thousands are racing online, I'd rather have a much finer adjustment than that.

You do at least see it in blue after a clean race... would be nice to see that for DR as well.

It will still be the same numeric score underneath, and I imagine they'll still use that for matching.

This has to be PD's worst idea ever.

This has been a part of the game since GT3. It's a good thing for those who need to understand braking points.

For those who DON'T need a tutorial, however, yeah, it would be nice to have extra options.

Im pretty sure there will be options for this also in the final game - just as there has been for the gear indicator earlier. Just PDI forcing these on in the beta to get more feedback on how they work. For me these indicators are useful in those few corners where im yet to find a marker for braking point, but yes it could be "a little" more subtle..

I'm liking a lot of the updates, but the BRAKE warning is too much! The gear indicator is enough for most novice drivers, you can see it quite clearly even when focusing on the track. I think PD needs to add options for HUD configuration, at least give a few options... other than that, my only major complaint is for them to fix the hood view already! It's been in the wrong place on most cars since GT5!

I'm really loving the "best split-time" sound, reminds me a lot of the GT2 and GT3 menu sounds, every time I hear it I get nostalgic 8)

my only major complaint is for them to fix the hood view already! It's been in the wrong place on most cars since GT5!

I would also love to see a bonnet view as drivers view without the cockpit, and with more sensation for speed. Usually always use the bonnet view but here its too high - more of a roof view. Forced to use bumper cam from which i cant see a 🤬 when racing behind other cars..

I had no problem with the "brake now" light ... I only noticed it for about a half a lap at Dragon, before my brain tuned it out.

But now I have a problem.
It's got me desensitized to flashing red words on my dashboard.

What if I'm driving in real life, and my car suddenly drops all it's coolant on the tarmac,
and my engine temps fly up, and I drive along oblivious, as if I'm ignoring my GTS 'brake now' light?
What then?

I also agree, SR rating should revert to a scale of 1 to 100, rather than 1 to 26.

New physics give me a better feel of the front end, it seems. That confidence is lap times coming down.
Ghosting yourself in practice & quali is a nice tool to have.
Environmental embellishment & detail is beauty, as expected .... more to come over time, I'm certain.
Racing all day. Hey now!
i-QXRj5sz.gif

PD do need to add a closer chase camera too. Most games now have a plethora of views. Look at P.CARS; a close and far chase camera, bumper, hood, roof, dash, cockpit, helmet, helmet with look to apex and depth of field and central cockpit view too! PD need to improve their camera positions a lot!

IMO opinion it's a mistake to change the SR scale from 0-100 to letters. The more granular the scale is, the easier it is to see improvement and decline in your numbers and to know you're on the right track. The more feedback you get, the easier it is to tailor your gameplay to improve your rating. It's also a pat on the back for a good race that might otherwise not have a good result. You finish 11th but drive clean and gain a point in your SR. Now, you'll drive clean, finish 11th, and your rating will stay the same. It also gives them the ability to more finely tune the match making system. If a letter covers 20 scale points, for example, that means racing against other players in the C scale could be ranked from 40-60, which is a pretty wide range. If tens of thousands are racing online, I'd rather have a much finer adjustment than that.

I just went from B to A at what I reckon is 65 old SR units. Had one bump against a wall in the second race - I don't recall it showing me a red "down SR" marker, but I didn't get a green "up SR" marker at the end of the sector (would've been shown at about the same time).

JvM
Not saying there aren't, but seems like they made changes to most of the current tracks. With changes they almost certainly need to replace the whole file(s) of the tracks, which ofcourse brings the size up.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! That's pretty neat. I did know that Dragon Tail did have a few spots off if the track side that looked rather bare.

A hint of mechanical damage to come. The icon next to tires... love that!

O i wish there would be a way to get an idea of tire temps while driving...

I totally agree with you!
It's ok for somebody who play for a first time racing games but for me and people who like to play GT and other racing titles is so disturbing!!!!!
Hope that they will change that

Or I didn't see it before or it has been changed? Just before the start of the race you see a startgrid based on the short 2 minutes quali time. But when the race actually starts it begins with the starting grid as seen right after the 'race is linked' message. Work in progress for qualification and then the real starting grid. Good job!

This is an example race. Not much action. Just a cruizing race but good to see the differences

Last edited:
This has been a part of the game since GT3. It's a good thing for those who need to understand braking points.

For those who DON'T need a tutorial, however, yeah, it would be nice to have extra options.

I understand that it can be helpful for some, but placing is the issue, flashing ''BRAKE'' at the center of the screen is just plain distracting, especially for bumper cam users like myself.

Im pretty sure there will be options for this also in the final game - just as there has been for the gear indicator earlier. Just PDI forcing these on in the beta to get more feedback on how they work. For me these indicators are useful in those few corners where im yet to find a marker for braking point, but yes it could be "a little" more subtle..
Was going to say the same, this is likely forced feature testing for the beta.

Back