GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

gts4iozrf.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235565920&postcount=3954

Looks like a seriously impressive update. Set it to download before I left the house this morning so looking forward to getting home to try it out.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like some moves in the right direction:tup:👍
Hello my friend.For sure it´s a great move.
Now they need to fix this stuppid exagerated slip stream, speed x downforce, put some option to set the FOV and be able to race in pilot view, if not why premium cars ???? For the rest i´m sure the final version will contain a lot of things more.
I´m a happy man, this is what i´m waiting from GT. Easy sensitive fun to drive and race physics and tuning solutions working in a good way able to change the behaviors of the car adding performance with personnal touch and feel.
I don´t know if it´s a real simulator but the pleasure is 100% and not simulated for sure.

Wow. That's impressive.
The impressive part comes when they are able to have a car or two doing this while there are 12 others on the screen and be able to maintain a steady 60 fps while doing so:sly:. For extra icing on the cake, if this gravel on the track actually affects grip levels for the cars coming through after, ala PCars2 Livetrack, then they've got a really winning feature on their hands.

Really liking the new update so far. The subtle changes in the UI are quite neat. Also cockpit camera has been "fixed", which is awesome as well. And apart from that, the sounds have been adjusted nicely.
It seems also that they have increased the external sound . When a car is close to you you can really hear it very well . It help for the feedback a lot knowing how close it can be.
I had a little problem with this with the GTR GR4, the sound of the other car behind me was covering my engine and it was really hard to shift looking at the red RPM bar over the red hood. :ouch:

The impressive part comes when they are able to have a car or two doing this while there are 12 others on the screen and be able to maintain a steady 60 fps while doing so:sly:. For extra icing on the cake, if this gravel on the track actually affects grip levels for the cars coming through after, ala PCars2 Livetrack, then they've got a really winning feature on their hands.
Affecting grip levels for the cars coming through after ??
This is too much in my opinion.:scared:
menagere001.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

For a note this video of mine is from regular non-PRO PS4.. So pro should have quite a nice fps.

It seems also that they have increased the external sound . When a car is close to you you can really hear it very well . It help for the feedback a lot knowing how close it can be.
I had a little problem with this with the GTR GR4, the sound of the other car behind me was covering my engine and it was really hard to shift looking at the red RPM bar over the red hood. :ouch:

Yes - i also noticed its hard to hear my own car from the rumble of the others.. 👍

Did you guys see the dirt/dust effect on Dragon tail? Its dirt on the track that flies up after driving on it looks great! They put more trees and tents also. The track is slowly coming alive.

The clipping issue on the back windshield of the M6 Walkenhorst (the blue one) has been fixed.
The Speedway icon has been updated, it now shows the pitlane.
The Speedway (again) is empty (fairly sure it wasn't before) when driving on qualification (it is full when racing?)
New sounds for best times (sector/lap)

That's what i have noticed so far.

All the cars feel like they have more grip which is not a bad thing. I was just on Dragon trail with the McLaren and it feels great much more predictable! I think the BOP might be a little better I was able to compete with some guys who usually beat me.

Project CARS 2. What I want to know is if it's actually cosmetic or done properly.
For those that aren't aware, PCars2 should be the most dynamic track surface simulation in sim racing history. Will PD allow the marbles to affect grip levels?
Livetrack 3.0 (dynamic racing track with grip & temperature changes, full rain simulation with puddling, water flow and track saturation, marbles & debris)

WoW in another thread I was whining (or better said giving constructive feedback). I asked to position the sentence bar for quali higher up the screen. And now it's on the top of the screen. This is getting too emotional for me.

Maybe it was already planned etc but just give me the feeling PD listened to me personally and changed it. Thank you my dearest friends :cheers:

Any signs that the calculation of SR has been 'fixed', or changed at all?

It will be hard to tell, I guess, now the actual score is hidden behind a letter :(

IMO opinion it's a mistake to change the SR scale from 0-100 to letters. The more granular the scale is, the easier it is to see improvement and decline in your numbers and to know you're on the right track. The more feedback you get, the easier it is to tailor your gameplay to improve your rating. It's also a pat on the back for a good race that might otherwise not have a good result. You finish 11th but drive clean and gain a point in your SR. Now, you'll drive clean, finish 11th, and your rating will stay the same. It also gives them the ability to more finely tune the match making system. If a letter covers 20 scale points, for example, that means racing against other players in the C scale could be ranked from 40-60, which is a pretty wide range. If tens of thousands are racing online, I'd rather have a much finer adjustment than that.

Didn't get the beta. But it's good to see that people will most likely, not all of you, Have something advise for Polyphony and what they need to work on!

I would hope so, as before the update driving on gravel or grass would not result in even getting pick up on your own tyres!

Back