GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

Just finished a race. Nothing out of the normal range of banging around. There's a lot of red in these results. I guess it could be result of the ratings change or a bad day.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 266
Maybe I missed someone saying it but, I HAVE MY GHOST BACK! Also, I selected "RETRY", it cleared my times but I still had the ghost, including the first lap when I was setting a new best time.

Its great that it holds the ghost lap if you restart or exit to make setup changes, but after doing either of those things it doesn't give you deltas to the ghost when you start driving again:confused:

This means, if you get way ahead/behind your ghost and can't see it, like on the ring, it is not helpful anymore. At least its back:tup:

Looks like the fixed the replays in that you can now change camera views during the replay without having to back out and restart the replay.

With this update, gotta say I'm glad to have grip again. I raced the GTR GT3 last night, and got a hard fought 3rd place finish with 1st and 2nd going to a Corvette and FT1. Today, I raced the once dreadful M6 GT3 and fought an AMG GT3 for 3rd place. I managed to psych the AMG driver at the turn before the Monaco-like chicane at Dragon Trail as he went for the outside at the straight. I went into his slipstream, and before the braking point, immediately went to the outside to get as much speed I could get through the corner. This trick paid off and got a hard fought podium again. I really can't wait to see what the full release brings us!

I was hoping you would get pastor maldanado'd in the last corner. :lol:

Just finished a race. Nothing out of the normal range of banging around. There's a lot of red in these results. I guess it could be result of the ratings change or a bad day.
It's the change in how the ratings are done and people not yet adjusting to it. Banging is now more heavily penalized than anything else, but it seems people still won't keep good distance and are willing to shove you off the road if necessary. Just lost out on a podium because of exactly that.

Replay mode is bugged. Can't see the options to exit, fastforward, rewind, etc. And when you try to change camera views with up/down on the d-pad, it keeps bringing up your username/position UI which gets annoying.

amjtqi.png

It would be nice if you can see all the options for the Replay camera mode. I am hoping they will add the Spin camera mode that will go around the car during replay video.

Might be old new but i just now for the first time noticed this....
Under driving options, in tire selection screen.. theres an option for heavy WET race tires..??

Soooooooo i guess we can expect some rain????? Eeexxcelllenttt

Didn't realize there was a update today until I got a notice while playing another game so I immediately got on.

Looks like the problem I had with the car jumping left got fixed so that's a relief 👍

No 360 view for chase cam anymore :(

Interestingly, its still there for Cockpit and roof view (both of which are much smoother)

Talking about cockpits, the cockpit view on the GT3 Peugeot is not accessible anymore. Not a bad thing since it doesn't have a visible cockpit atm.

I don't think there's ever been a cockpit view for the Peugeot.

• + chasecam
  • + less flickering
  • + framerate
  • + loadtimes
  • - physics
  • - missing feedback DS4
  • - sounds
Last night I redownloaded the beta to test the 1.05 version. Biggest improvement is the chasecam. Physics feel dumbed down and there hasn't been any improvement to get a sense of what the car is doing and when it is doing it.

Last edited:
Man, I am loving the FT-1 VGT even more now. Sound in the last update was already abit of a step up, but now its abit more improved. Backfire seems much sharper and the sound onboard is a step up from the last update 👍

There's also the fact I actually managed a time around Dragon Trail in the 1'42 range for once so I might be more happy then usual :lol:

The new POV hide a large part of the cockpit on all cars, I prefer the old one...

Dzw4Yx.png

HFn5Ss.png
Could it be that you are using a wheel and your controller is connected to the ps4 too? Because at 1.04 there was a bug that once the dualshock is connected while a wheel is connected too the pov looks further down, once you shut the dualshock off the view was like it is now.
Dont know if that was the case when using just the dualshock or only when both devices where connected.

Could it be that you are using a wheel and your controller is connected to the ps4 too? Because at 1.04 there was a bug that once the dualshock is connected while a wheel is connected too the pov looks further down, once you shut the dualshock off the view was like it is now.
Dont know if that was the case when using just the dualshock or only when both devices where connected.

only the controller was connected

Double post here FYI

what happens after losing the grip. At the moment its very easy to catch ANY slide you get in to. I strongly believe the physics are going to right direction, but theres some kind of forced "skid recovery" on at the moment. Demonstrating it here with something very much uncatchable without SRF.. :ill:

And yes the gravel/grass/curbs are very forgiving at the moment. But i still like the body roll and weight fluctuation and i can feel that very well in ffb.. Just have to be using very different ffb settings compared to pre 1.05..

Looks as mother nature it self graps my tires saying "there, there - take it easy now boy.."

So i reseted the setup of my evora from the one i did in 1.04, and the car feels like a 2 ton R8 GT-R.. What the 🤬:confused:. My old setup felt like a yellow bird compared to the stock setup.. :eek: even the ffb feel numb..

And another example. Dropping a rear tyre on grass while sliding in the "three way rights" at NBR. (0:08) This would have ended tragically even in GT6 unless SRF was on..

I think even i will leave the beta alone until these aids are removed. :irked: This doesnt have anything to do with the physics at the moment. :indiff:

How in the world, does a game receive a 9.8gb patch, but loses 1gb in total size?

Initial size was 18.6gb, now it's 17.8gb?

PS, anyone know if you can still trick the daily car gift with the time zone change?

That "BRAKE" on screen seems entirely unnecessary and frankly insulting! Is it possible to turn it off? Was better when it just had the gear indicator flash red
I'm downloading the patch but this is already pi:censored:ing me off.
There's no option to turn it off?
I didnt find any option to turn it off, its pretty annoying I agree
Nope you can only turn the HUD completely off or the Speedometer etc. But not that
Nope, that turns off HUD completely :banghead:
PD needs to remove that silly flashing brake indicator in the middle of the screen. I'm honestly losing focus because of it.
I thought it was just me. Please tell me there's a way to turn it off?!
...the BRAKE warning is too much! The gear indicator is enough for most novice drivers, you can see it quite clearly even when focusing on the track. I think PD needs to add options for HUD configuration...
I understand that it can be helpful for some, but placing is the issue, flashing ''BRAKE'' at the center of the screen is just plain distracting, especially for bumper cam users like myself.
The brake indicator is distracting, especially on Nurb where it flashes for every single minor corner.
VBR
The addition of the red flasing word "BRAKE" on screen is an absolute stupid & hideous edition. And no option to turn it off as well.
Guys I think you can turn off the brake indicator if you pause game and go into options you can dumb down what's displayed on screen and it gets rid of the brake indicator.
You can remove it but it removes the vast majority of the HUD elements as well.
Yes, this is what I want. The ability to have only the things I want and to position them where I want.
Yep, it's all or nothing. At this point I'll take nothing rather than have the distracting brake, gear, and rev limiter icons flashing at me.
Is there any way to turn off the annoying "BRAKE" indicator that flashes on the screen when you are coming up to a corner?
Is the brake flashing only with the line assist ? Or without the aid too ?
Without as well, can't disable it.

It seems that PD still can't wrap their heads around the concept of giving people options rather than forcing stuff on them, even though I did mention it to them here (see point 7) & well over 100 people agreed. Also, this latest example takes patronizing to a whole new level.

:banghead::boggled:🤬:confused::crazy::dunce::eek::(:guilty::ill::indiff::irked::mad::nervous::odd::ouch::rolleyes::scared:👎:yuck::grumpy:

EDIT: I just did a bug report & copy & pasted the URL to this post into it. Maybe they'll get the message this time. :lol:

EDIT: Option added. Thanks PD! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...available-17-45gb.356246/page-5#post-11830601

Last edited:
If I had to use one word to describe this update it would definitely be grip. It feels like there is twice as much grip than before. I actually checked to see if TC was turned on in my settings. Now you can be much more aggressive with the throttle. There is no need to gradually get back on the gas on corner exit, just mash and go.

If I had to use one word to describe this update it would definitely be grip. It feels like there is twice as much grip than before. I actually checked to see if TC was turned on in my settings. Now you can be much more aggressive with the throttle. There is no need to gradually get back on the gas on corner exit, just mash and go.
This is on RH and SH tires? If that's the case, driving on RS and SS will probably feel like this:

slot_machines_lead.jpg

VBR
It seems that PD still can't wrap their heads around the concept of giving people options rather than forcing stuff on them, even though I did mention it to them here (see point 7) & well over 100 people agreed. Also, this latest example takes patronizing to a whole new level.

:banghead::boggled:🤬:confused::crazy::dunce::eek::(:guilty::ill::indiff::irked::mad::nervous::odd::ouch::rolleyes::scared:👎:yuck::grumpy:

EDIT: I just did a bug report & copy & pasted the URL to this post into it. Maybe they'll get the message this time. :lol:

You have quoting skills most people only dream of.

Back