Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by akira3d, May 31, 2017.

1. VBR

VBR Premium

ArR29, torque99, Fabr_123 and 3 others like this.
  2. DonZonda

DonZonda

I can confirm that

3. Toyota GT1

Toyota GT1

Can confirm after finishing a race; the Winner screen where the driver is clutching his fist in victory takes like 1/3rd the time than it did before . That's nice becuase I did think to myself a few times "okay okay you won let me back to the main menu".

ryzno, fortbo, TheProRacer and 6 others like this.
  4. alucard0712

alucard0712

From EUROGAMER:

UPDATE 25/5/17 1:00pm: Sony has been in touch to point out additional 1080p features in Gran Turismo Sport for PS4 Pro users, specifically that along with the significantly improved in-game frame-rate and unlocked replay performance we've highlighted in the 1080p comparison further down this page, anti-aliasing is also enhanced with the inclusion of 8x multi-sampling (MSAA).

ProjectF, Quakebass, fortbo and 9 others like this.
  5. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

Thanks for the info @alucard0712 That's what I've been waiting for, no more jaggies. :)

alucard0712 and jp_footy like this.
  6. JamboGT

JamboGT

That was from 1.05 and maybe before, not 1.06.

Obviously it will still be in 1.06 but it is not a change.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Johnnypenso likes this.
  7. TurismoBad

TurismoBad

There are skid/tire marks on grass and sand as well. (at least on the Ring)

8. TS050

TS050 Premium

I can confirm that this happens on Brands as well (both layouts).

GT6champNK_69 and OdeFinn like this.
  9. silverman_GT

silverman_GT

Has anyone tested car damage yet?

10. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Can you indicate right/left or are you restricted to both hazard lights?

GT6champNK_69 likes this.
  11. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

@sems4arsenal left/right/both. You can assing those 3 options.

GT6champNK_69 likes this.
  12. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Yayyyy. I need more buttons on my T300 now.

13. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

I'm very excited to get this update, the chase camera was always something that bugged me about GT games since 4. Good to see PD is attempting to put corks in the minor issues. Now, if they would just get around to fixing the hood camera.

ProjectF, ArR29, k12power and 3 others like this.
  14. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

what we need is support for a regular usb keyboard kinda thing (as command central)! that would be cool, assigning a lot of funktions to keys and installing that to my rig!
    or some official gt hardware like this:
    [​IMG]

and another thing i'd like to see is 3rd party app support to put telemetry data on the screen of a phone or tablet! ....so much stuff that would add to the whole game!

ryzno, CodeCmdr, ProjectF and 3 others like this.
  15. DonZonda

DonZonda

Recorded another Video with the new Chase cam in 60fps on PS4 Pro. :) Enjoy!

16. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

17. TheRacer94

TheRacer94

Make the beta open.come on PD/Sony

GT6champNK_69, Pfei and Lord Kacperov like this.
  18. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

I doubt they will, as there may be a massive flood of tens of thousands of players all trying to connect at once, considerably slowing everything down.

19. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

They increased the sound pitch for some cars, I don't like it. Have you guys tested the Aston after the update? It does not sound good. I will make sure to send my feedback to them.

20. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

Could it be a bug? I know that I read "Various sound sources were updated" from the update log, but I'm not entirely sure if it's intended or not that pitches were changed.

21. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Reminds me of the Forza Motorsport chase cam.

Lord Kacperov and DonZonda like this.
  22. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

So the Menu UI changed a bit, mostly in the loading screens.

The rev bar now changes colours; from red to slight purple and then blinking blue once you hit the rev limiter.

New camera choices! :bowdown:
    Now you could change how far and near the chase cam is. Near cam reminds me of most other racing games at the moment (Forza and Pcars) and even GT3 in some degree.

And you could now adjust the cockpit view by going up/down and forward/backward.

You can indicate now or turn on the hazard lights. :D

It seems that brake indicater (BRAKE) can be enabled and disabled.

Now it "online saves" and being stored online.

Rolling start is now a thing in sport mode.

What did I miss? Any other finds?

VBR, Quakebass, SSSmokeVex57 and 7 others like this.
  23. Fabr_123

Fabr_123

It could be. I have to see if more people are getting different sounds. If so, I will report on the bug tracker.

24. Flaco13

Flaco13

I like the way the Nordschleife looks now, they changed much of the peripherals, pre 1.06 it looked a lot like it would on a Monday before the 24h Race Weekend, there where lots of cars, trailers and campers and scaffolds with people on them etc. Now, it has a kind of tourist-drives feeling to it, although still a bit crowded, but I really like it better this way.

The adjusting of the view in cockpit-view didn't work for me, there has nothing changed either way I set it, maybe just the Subaru Impreza or have others made similar experience?

Leaving you my upload, in the description I link another video, same car and track, pre 1.06.

Tire deformation is very noticable now, IMO.

25. Sikumatchbox

Sikumatchbox

I'm expecting everyone use the direction indicators now, on a circuit I never know which way other drivers go.

girabyt3, ryzno, silverman_GT and 2 others like this.
  26. diesel97

diesel97

Has anybody used or seen the "rolling starts"? How is that going to work in the beta? PD controlling what races has it and which ones don't or are all N300 and GT4 races going to have them?

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  27. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Likely used in oval races for now

28. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

The game looks freaking awsome now in 4k hdr. Skitmarks are super detailed en the new chase cam is awsome! Skitmarks only vome a bit late i think. Game looks more alive now!

sumbrownkid, ArR29 and TheRacer94 like this.
  29. Firehuntah

Firehuntah Premium

So as others have noticed already as well, they absolutely destroyed the force feedback for the G29. After 1 race I'm already at a point where I don't want to do any races anymore till they fix it. I even tried lowering the feedback settings and setting up the car very soft, still get the same very strong feedback in almost all corners. Only when you go really slow you won't get the feedback but I don't want to go that slow. ;) Seems like a bug to me since it just doesn't feel right. It can happen when understeering, oversteering or hitting curbs. And mostly on banked corners. Hopefully they'll fix it quickly, I really can't drive with feedback like this.

I do like all the other changes in 1.06 though, definately looks a lot better now with PS4 Pro on 4K TV. Just a bit sad that they still haven't made any changes to the hood/roof view. Looks like they only care about the chase view and cockpit view right now. Maybe on the next update. :)

LadnaV likes this.
  30. VelocityX

VelocityX

Perhaps I've missed something until now, but at 0:20 (and throughout the video) you can hear birds beautifully chirping. It certainly brings the track to life a bit more.

Also I notice a difference in the reverb and doppler effect. Personally, I think it sounds better. The exhaust sound isn't as pronounced when the car is approaching now and lasts a bit longer. The reverb sounds more natural compared to sounding like a tunnel before.

Jordan, ArR29, Lord Kacperov and 2 others like this.