Closed Beta Update 1.06 is now available...17.45GB

• Thread starter akira3d
  • 415 comments
Question to PS4 Pro owners on 1080p screens. Is it only me, but does it look cleaner - better AA.

+new camera feels much much better.

From EUROGAMER:

UPDATE 25/5/17 1:00pm: Sony has been in touch to point out additional 1080p features in Gran Turismo Sport for PS4 Pro users, specifically that along with the significantly improved in-game frame-rate and unlocked replay performance we've highlighted in the 1080p comparison further down this page, anti-aliasing is also enhanced with the inclusion of 8x multi-sampling (MSAA).

Yayyyy. I need more buttons on my T300 now.
what we need is support for a regular usb keyboard kinda thing (as command central)! that would be cool, assigning a lot of funktions to keys and installing that to my rig!
or some official gt hardware like this:
HPIM1774.JPG

and another thing i'd like to see is 3rd party app support to put telemetry data on the screen of a phone or tablet! ....so much stuff that would add to the whole game!

They increased the sound pitch for some cars, I don't like it. Have you guys tested the Aston after the update? It does not sound good. I will make sure to send my feedback to them.

They increased the sound pitch for some cars, I don't like it. Have you guys tested the Aston after the update? It does not sound good. I will make sure to send my feedback to them.
Could it be a bug? I know that I read "Various sound sources were updated" from the update log, but I'm not entirely sure if it's intended or not that pitches were changed.

So the Menu UI changed a bit, mostly in the loading screens.

The rev bar now changes colours; from red to slight purple and then blinking blue once you hit the rev limiter.

New camera choices! :bowdown:
Now you could change how far and near the chase cam is. Near cam reminds me of most other racing games at the moment (Forza and Pcars) and even GT3 in some degree.

And you could now adjust the cockpit view by going up/down and forward/backward.

You can indicate now or turn on the hazard lights. :D

It seems that brake indicater (BRAKE) can be enabled and disabled.

Now it "online saves" and being stored online.

Rolling start is now a thing in sport mode.

What did I miss? Any other finds?

Could it be a bug? I know that I read "Various sound sources were updated" from the update log, but I'm not entirely sure if it's intended or not that pitches were changed.
It could be. I have to see if more people are getting different sounds. If so, I will report on the bug tracker.

I like the way the Nordschleife looks now, they changed much of the peripherals, pre 1.06 it looked a lot like it would on a Monday before the 24h Race Weekend, there where lots of cars, trailers and campers and scaffolds with people on them etc. Now, it has a kind of tourist-drives feeling to it, although still a bit crowded, but I really like it better this way.

The adjusting of the view in cockpit-view didn't work for me, there has nothing changed either way I set it, maybe just the Subaru Impreza or have others made similar experience?

Leaving you my upload, in the description I link another video, same car and track, pre 1.06.

Tire deformation is very noticable now, IMO.

Last edited:
Has anybody used or seen the "rolling starts"? How is that going to work in the beta? PD controlling what races has it and which ones don't or are all N300 and GT4 races going to have them?

So as others have noticed already as well, they absolutely destroyed the force feedback for the G29. After 1 race I'm already at a point where I don't want to do any races anymore till they fix it. I even tried lowering the feedback settings and setting up the car very soft, still get the same very strong feedback in almost all corners. Only when you go really slow you won't get the feedback but I don't want to go that slow. ;) Seems like a bug to me since it just doesn't feel right. It can happen when understeering, oversteering or hitting curbs. And mostly on banked corners. Hopefully they'll fix it quickly, I really can't drive with feedback like this.

I do like all the other changes in 1.06 though, definately looks a lot better now with PS4 Pro on 4K TV. Just a bit sad that they still haven't made any changes to the hood/roof view. Looks like they only care about the chase view and cockpit view right now. Maybe on the next update. :)

Perhaps I've missed something until now, but at 0:20 (and throughout the video) you can hear birds beautifully chirping. It certainly brings the track to life a bit more.

Also I notice a difference in the reverb and doppler effect. Personally, I think it sounds better. The exhaust sound isn't as pronounced when the car is approaching now and lasts a bit longer. The reverb sounds more natural compared to sounding like a tunnel before.

Last edited:
Back