GT Sport Driver Coaching

• Thread starter RaceFace85
  • 260 comments
I want to help GT Sport drivers to become faster drivers.
If you do not know how the "Aliens" get their Top 10 times and you are a few seconds off the leaderboard you are in the right thread here!

Upload a video of one lap to YouTube and I will tell you where and why you loose time and how you can improve your time.
It is important to see the gas and brake bars of the hud to give a meaningful feedback.

Also other drivers who are able to get Top 10 times are invited to help slower drivers!

I'm at this exactly situation =/

Yes, I do.

I was very sure that you use the G29 pedals. This is your main problem I think. With the G29 plastic buffer you are not able to release the brake slowly.

At the beginning you hold the brake by 100% and when you try to release it slowly you hold it all the time at 50%. With this issue you are not able to get enough mass to to front tyres and you get understeer in corner turn in.

I recommend GTEYE springs for all pedals without the buffer. The default configuration of the G29 is useless.

You try your best but it is impossible to be much better with your configuration.

There are just small things that you can improve by you own like using more track width and cutting the corners a bit more.

> GTEYE springs

Thanks, I didn't know this. Now I need to find a place to buy this here in Brazil.

I had the same issues when I changed to the G29 pedals. My pace was so bad with the default configuration. You should also use the GTEYE springs for the gas and clutch pedals. So it will fit better to the harder and progressive brake pedal.

I had the same issues when I changed to the G29 pedals. My pace was so bad with the default configuration. You should also use the GTEYE springs for the gas and clutch pedals. So it will fit better to the harder and progressive brake pedal.
Some guys were recommeding to buy only the brake and then take the old brake put it on gas and gas put it into clutch \o/ but I don't know maybe it's better to buy all of them, is it hard to change them? Anyway thank you very much.

Some guys were recommeding to buy only the brake and then take the old brake put it on gas and gas put it into clutch \o/ but I don't know maybe it's better to buy all of them, is it hard to change them? Anyway thank you very much.

I also tried the default brake spring in the gas pedal but it is a bit too hard for the gas pedal. It was perfect for GT Sport a few versions ago when power oversteering was a big issue. This is not an issue anymore.

It is not very hard. You just have to be concentrated to put the small cables in place.

I promise you that you will be much faster when you are used to the new springs.

Last edited:
I also tried the default brake spring in the gas pedal but it is a bit too hard for the gas pedal. It was perfect for GT Sport a few versions ago when power oversteering was a big issue. This is not an issue anymore.

It is not very hard. You just have to be concentrated to put the small cables in place.

I promise you that you will be much faster when you are used to the new springs.

I think it'll take some time for me to get used to these "new pedals" again lol but anyway it's for good.

The standard G29 / G920 brake pedal comes fitted with a rubber insert, using the insert together with the GTEYE brake spring will yield firmer results, or remove the insert if you prefer a lighter pedal.
Did you re-use the rubber or take it off?

The standard G29 / G920 brake pedal comes fitted with a rubber insert, using the insert together with the GTEYE brake spring will yield firmer results, or remove the insert if you prefer a lighter pedal.
Did you re-use the rubber or take it off?

I took the rubber off. A defined hard stop at the end works better with the automatic pedal calibration of GT Sport.

I was very sure that you use the G29 pedals. This is your main problem I think. With the G29 plastic buffer you are not able to release the brake slowly.

At the beginning you hold the brake by 100% and when you try to release it slowly you hold it all the time at 50%. With this issue you are not able to get enough mass to to front tyres and you get understeer in corner turn in.

I recommend GTEYE springs for all pedals without the buffer. The default configuration of the G29 is useless.

You try your best but it is impossible to be much better with your configuration.

There are just small things that you can improve by you own like using more track width and cutting the corners a bit more.
I should save up for some GTEYE springs myself as well :lol:
Maybe it'll also help in other sims

@LeMoRi are you left foot braking? I don't see any overlap in your video but your transition from gas to brake is pretty quick.

I should save up for some GTEYE springs myself as well :lol:
Recognized quite a few of my own mistakes on this thread, so thanks to RaceFace85 and others for that. Now just to find those springs for my G29 pedals in this forsaken country - South Africa.

I use the stock G29 config and smooth braking can definitely be achieved. If you aren't using both feet start doing so. When your foot doesn't have to rush from one pedal to the other it's much easier to take your time and apply/relieve pressure more slowly.

It's also cheaper than buying something.

@LeMoRi are you left foot braking? I don't see any overlap in your video but your transition from gas to brake is pretty quick.

I use the stock G29 config and smooth braking can definitely be achieved. If you aren't using both feet start doing so. When your foot doesn't have to rush from one pedal to the other it's much easier to take your time and apply/relieve pressure more slowly.

I'm left foot braker =) I saw some people telling to remove the rubber from G29 brake's but I think I can still improve with the defaults, is there any exercise I can try ? or something to try?

I wasn't able to adapt to the G29 pedals and my braking looked exactly like it was in LeMoRis video.

Here's the on-board with telemetry.

The line looks good I think.
I think you release the brake not slowly enough. This causes sometimes a bit understeering in corner entry. For a formula car this instant braking is okay but when you drive a heavier car you may have problems with understeering when you brake in the same way.

@vvise & @RaceFace85 I use both feet and throttle/brake control is smooth, but struggle with the standard G29 pedals to be consistent in trail braking. Sometimes it's perfect, but next time just releasing brakes slightly too fast (which easily happens on G29 pedals for me) causes a bit understeer and lap is messed up. Then the deadzones on both throttle and brakes does add to that too (I think).

@vvise & @RaceFace85 I use both feet and throttle/brake control is smooth, but struggle with the standard G29 pedals to be consistent in trail braking. Sometimes it's perfect, but next time just releasing brakes slightly too fast (which easily on G29 pedals) causes a bit understeer and lap is messed up. Then the deadzones on both throttle and brakes does add to that too.

When you push your brake the first millimeters there is almost no resistence but when you hit the rubber buffer it feels like a hard stop.

Driving consistent is impossible this way I think.

Removing the buffer is not a solution because the default brake spring is linear but in game the brake is progressive.

I think the engineer from logitech had a good idea but it was not tested before release. The result is a really bad brake feeling.

I wasn't able to adapt to the G29 pedals and my braking looked exactly like it was in LeMoRis video.

@vvise & @RaceFace85 I use both feet and throttle/brake control is smooth, but struggle with the standard G29 pedals to be consistent in trail braking. Sometimes it's perfect, but next time just releasing brakes slightly too fast (which easily happens on G29 pedals for me) causes a bit understeer and lap is messed up. Then the deadzones on both throttle and brakes does add to that too (I think).

Interesting, I've never had a problem with the pedals apart from first learning to use a rig when moving from the pad.
My bigger issues are with keeping steering smooth, and the deadzone in the center of the G29 when it's bouncing from one side of the gear drive to the other.

@LeMoRi In my opinion the best way to practice smooth braking release is to pick a car with really severe lift off oversteer. Just keep running laps in it over and over and over until you can manage to come off the brakes without spinning consistently. Once you have the feel and muscle memory to do that you'll be good. Something like T1 Suzuka is a good place to practice that.

Interesting, I've never had a problem with the pedals apart from first learning to use a rig when moving from the pad.
My bigger issues are with keeping steering smooth, and the deadzone in the center of the G29 when it's bouncing from one side of the gear drive to the other.

@LeMoRi In my opinion the best way to practice smooth braking release is to pick a car with really severe lift off oversteer. Just keep running laps in it over and over and over until you can manage to come off the brakes without spinning consistently. Once you have the feel and muscle memory to do that you'll be good. Something like T1 Suzuka is a good place to practice that.

This setup feels pretty smooth with the G29 wheel.
FFB Max Torque at 3
FFB Sensitivity at 10

Do you want to post a video how smooth you can use the brake paddle of the G29? It was impossible for me.

Last edited:
Back