GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
jerry ob1.jpg
View attachment 974763

Last edited:
Hi guys. Very sad to hear of the passing of Geezer1791. I will always remember seeing his post on June 6th 2014, looking for
friends to go racing, and to create the Geezer Club. I have fond memories of the GT6 days racing with him and the rest of the
Geezer Club. Even though I moved on to other sims and later PC, I have always quietly kept my eye on this thread to see how his
creation has grown and thrived. And long may it continue.

Keep up the great work guys. Geezer1791 has built a club that will continue to grow in his honour, I have no doubt.

Once a Geezer, always a Geezer.

SW__10
Honorary Geezer.

Geezers and Jerry's friends. Saturday will be our memorial event for Jerry. You will need a Group 2 Lexus au Tom's RC F '16 painted in Jerry's colors. We'll have a model livery for you to copy onto your car. You'll need to be on the party chat so you know what is going on. Just be one of the 16 in the lobby around 9:00 AM Eastern time. We'll do a lap on BLUE MOON trioval in formation and at the end of the second lap we'll go into Jerry's favorite part of our racing the "MAYHEM" event. I'll post more tomorrow or next day. P Mallard

Wednesday night racing - 7:15 room opens

We'll have a short practice session for the Jerry homage on Saturday. Please have a Group 2 Lexus ready to go. I have a livery available to copy in my gallery.

Other races will be from Group X, Group 2 one make, and Group 3 BOP.
Fourth place chooses the track

For Jerry's celebration, please be in the room by 8:45 - 9:00 ET this Saturday, with your car ready. You need to be in the party chat so when you get into the room if you're not on the party list we'll send you an invite. The group 2 Lexus au Tom's RC F '16 with power and weight to 100. Move the transmission top speed to 211. To paint it yourself, it's quite easy, here are the colors. For the body and mirror, use a SOLID color green, the 6th column from the left, 6th chip down. The hood, wing, and wheels use the SOLID pink, second column from the right, 5th chip down. We'll do a practice lap or two in formation. It will be the first thing we do on Saturday. Thanks for being there! Peter

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby will be open after Jerry's Celebration

Cars:

Gr.1 - BoP - Tires: RM - No Tune
Gr.3 - BoP - Tires: RH - No Tune
Gr.4 - One Make - (100 x 100) - Tires: RH - No Tune
N300 - NISSAN FAIRLADY Z - 300ZX TWIN TURBO 2 SEATER 1989 - Tires: SS - Tune Open

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: 5 minutes, no fuel or tire consumption, grid set by best lap for the 1st race. Then, grid based on last race results.
Penalty System: off
Boost: ON Strong
Slipstream: ON Real

First Race/Qualify

N300 - NISSAN @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

4th place chose next combo (car n track)

Final race @ Blue Moon (people in lobby decides what to do)

See ya there!

PS1 - By 8:50 we will start a qualification time to set the grid for the first race, then the grid order as above. If you are not on the lobby by 8:50 you will only race on the second race. Even though we don't leave geezers behind, during qualify DO NOT exit your car or you will be out of the first race (game policies) .
PS2 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

For those not familiar with Geezer racing, we finish our 3 hour session of normal racing with a MAYHEM race. Anything goes - just win baby - with an added goal to knock a competitor into the pits. Jerry was a beast in this race. When you saw that pink and green car drafting behind you, you knew something bad was about to happen to you. These races got the best laughs and we really left the evening with a good feeling. That is how we finished his celebration race.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back