GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
GZR_Geezer1791
GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, PapaGnr, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziil, V_FOURMAX, degaro, StevenKeeney
RavingBonkers, MacProTX1, gearmeister, GTX_NQX, josborn27, oldphart-JRC, edwt, SteveBeech12, jajo, BrownLotus, wer-pr-mr

Geezlings: showmethepuppiz (1/1/21)
GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, PapaGnr, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziil, V_FOURMAX, degaro, StevenKeeney
RavingBonkers, MacProTX1, gearmeister, GTX_NQX, josborn27, oldphart-JRC, edwt, SteveBeech12, jajo, BrownLotus, wer-pr-mr

GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

HI back in Oct I asked to join, i was told I to wait till the same year as I was born. I'm 60 in April. I sent you a friends request on PSN - Joshmelvette. Thanks Gary

Things happen in real life let alone in this virtual world we race in. We all have different braking points, lines, internet connections, skills, temperaments, controllers, track knowledge, etc etc. Some people are probably also more competitive in nature than others. I may fall into that category :lol:

I have been racing here for only three weeks and am confident that no one intentionally tries to take you out. There is always going to be bumping and barging etc, and to be honest its all part of the fun, because you know it is not malicious. Close racing is the best because it is exciting. I try hard not to tag anyone, but inevitably I will, we all will.

Unless someone is being a complete dick, we must all allow mistakes and accept a knock or three. Its all part of this wonderful world of Geezer racing. Any videos or pictures should not try to allot blame or to be seen that way.

This is a good fun racing community and we should all keep it that way :cheers:

I love it :gtpflag:

I should have put it differently lol.
I was actually laughing at the pictures he posted of the race. The racing was a blast and I plan on being a regular every week. :gtpflag:
Except for tomorrow, Valentines Day is a mandatory work day for us at the restaurant, so I won’t be able too.
Would also like to say thank you for the invite on Sunday morning, but I was sleeping at 5:30am lmao.
I’ll be back for more rough housing next week. :cheers:

Early Bird Race
Wednesday Feb 14, 2018.
Lobby 7:30 PM ET

Geezers or non geezers are welcome to join. (Send FR to psn: acenbrone)
Let's go for a ride with any GR.4 - PT = MR - Tires = RS - No Tuning - BoP ON - Damage = light - We will start at Kioto.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, our races are always fun, even with some push here and there. Our will is always to avoid them but, sometimes, something can be wrong. :bowdown:
I have a problem to submit to you. A few weeks ago I did not participate in the daily races because there and much worse and avoid thrusts, pirate cuts and various barrel, it is very difficult. Yesterday I wanted to try again with the M6 group 3 and the first race was as I thought, one tied to the first corner and off in the meadow with my poor M6 slammed against the guard rail. I wanted to try again and the second one had an opposite course, with a very correct battle with two other guys for all ten laps and a second place finish. I wanted to save the replay but it was not possible. The message appeared that told me to free space on the disk because it was full. I checked and my PS4 hard drive has about 900 GB free. Did something like this happen to you? can you explain how I can solve? Calvy (paolo)

Saturday's race will be with the Gr. 1 cars on Racing Soft, with BOP
!st track - Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop - 8 laps
2nd track - Suzuka Circuit - 8 laps
3rd track - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 8 laps
After that it will be voted track.
With the BOP the cars are quite equal in time. I tested 6 of them at Tokyo and Suzuka and they were within 1 to 2 sec. apart.
I'll open the room at 8:30 am, race start at 9:00
See you at the track.

Saturday's race will be with the Gr. 1 cars on Racing Soft, with BOP
!st track - Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop - 8 laps
2nd track - Suzuka Circuit - 8 laps
3rd track - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 8 laps
After that it will be voted track.
With the BOP the cars are quite equal in time. I tested 6 of them at Tokyo and Suzuka and they were within 1 to 2 sec. apart.
I'll open the room at 8:30 am, race start at 9:00
See you at the track.

For the newcomers:

To join the room Saturday you got to be friends with psn: oldboy1943

Thanks to everyone for giving me the opportunity to race with you last Sunday. It's been a very enjoyable and quite "different" :) alternative to the Sport mode races I had recently ... with a great bunch of racers 👍.

Congrats to @nordschleife51 for a stunning practise lap record on Brands - thought you were on race tires or still had the grip bug :bowdown: !

It's actually been the first time I did some online races with tire / fuel wear enabled, so just out of interest :
Did anyone of you try to finish without re-fueling by using a lean fuel map ?

In case someone is collecting liveries : I'm gonna share mine as soon as driver name / number are replaced - tag 1 "gtp", tag 2 "geezer".

Hope to CU again, RJ.

Early Bird Race
Wednesday Feb 21, 2018.
Lobby 7:30 PM ET

Geezers or non geezers are welcome to join. (Send FR to psn: acenbrone)
Let's go for a ride with any GR.3 - PT = MR - Tires = RS - No Tuning - BoP ON - Damage = light - We will go to Lago Maggiori all tracks.
GR3 - MR.png

Last edited:
Saturday Geezer racing. Must be 60 or older in 2018 to join this session. Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday sessions open to all. Use the Group 3 (N500 car from the mileage exchange) Subaru WRX road car. Practice with sport soft tires as well as race hard. Tracks: Brands GP, Kyoto Miyabi, & Yamagiwa, Alcace village. THEN we'll do a group 1 car at Monza, your choice of car.
Room opens at 8:30 and racing starts at 9:06.

PM

Saturday Geezer racing. Must be 60 or older in 2018 to join this session. Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday sessions open to all. Use the Group 3 (N500 car from the mileage exchange) Subaru WRX road car. Practice with sport soft tires as well as race hard. Tracks: Brands GP, Kyoto Miyabi, & Yamagiwa, Alcace village. THEN we'll do a group 1 car at Monza, your choice of car.
Room opens at 8:30 and racing starts at 9:06.

PM
I need to clarify the races at Kyoto are two separate races the short track and the long track, not the combined.

Back