GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
💡 Hi Guys, I read the threads on the new Mercedes F1 and decided to try some of the other guys suggestions. I ran the Suzuka track yesterday and won it but had a couple spins, tried the Nurburgring GP and could not control the car at all, ran it twice and couldn't get better then 13th with many spins. So today tried some of the other guys settings and this was what I ended up with. Traction control on 3, downforce all the way up front and back, 5, 20, 5 on the drivetrain, and 280 on the top speed, racing soft in rear, racing hard in front. Manual gearbox. I did not shift below 3rd gear and stayed at least 1 gear above the suggested gear into corners. Ran both the Ring and the St. Croix track and did not spin even once, actually handled pretty decent. It is still pretty challenging to win because I was also more careful than usual (and did not know the St. Croix track) but a whole lot better than it was yesterday when I drove it. This might not work for everyone but maybe a starting point. The racing soft in the rear and racing hard in the front might be enough by itself but not going to try, at least not today (or tomorrow). :D
And Scott you have to come in 5th to get the Big Willow track, oh yeah you did, about 5 times. :banghead::banghead:

💡 Hi Guys, I read the threads on the new Mercedes F1 and decided to try some of the other guys suggestions. I ran the Suzuka track yesterday and won it but had a couple spins, tried the Nurburgring GP and could not control the car at all, ran it twice and couldn't get better then 13th with many spins. So today tried some of the other guys settings and this was what I ended up with. Traction control on 3, downforce all the way up front and back, 5, 20, 5 on the drivetrain, and 280 on the top speed, racing soft in rear, racing hard in front. Manual gearbox. I did not shift below 3rd gear and stayed at least 1 gear above the suggested gear into corners. Ran both the Ring and the St. Croix track and did not spin even once, actually handled pretty decent. It is still pretty challenging to win because I was also more careful than usual (and did not know the St. Croix track) but a whole lot better than it was yesterday when I drove it. This might not work for everyone but maybe a starting point. The racing soft in the rear and racing hard in the front might be enough by itself but not going to try, at least not today (or tomorrow). :D
And Scott you have to come in 5th to get the Big Willow track, oh yeah you did, about 5 times. :banghead::banghead:
Come Sunday, It’ll be alright!!

EarlyBird
Wednesday August 1st, 2018
Lobby Open at 7:30 PM ET
Geezers or non geezers are welcome to join. (Send FR to psn: acenbrone)
New Cars (Ford/Mazda/F1) - Start Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A (we will test all the formats)
Tires = RH - No Tuning - BoP ON - Damage = none - Boost = weak - Fuel = ON - Tires = ON
Then we will move to Blue Moon raceway for 4 races of 5 laps. We will use F1.​

Thanks much Gregg,, will try these tomorrow for sure!! Anythiong will surely help!!

EarlyBird
Wednesday August 1st, 2018

New Cars (Ford/Mazda/F1) - Start Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A (we will test all the formats)
Tires = RH - No Tuning - BoP ON - Damage = none - Boost = weak - Fuel = ON - Tires = ON
Then we will move to Blue Moon raceway for 4 races of 5 laps. We will use F1.​
Be there or be square :) (an old hippie saying from the 60's,, not everyone will get it :cheers:)

Honest, I didn't want to leave, but...

IMG_20180804_171846_hdr_kindlephoto-52780386.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the race’s JR!!
Doubling down Scotty's TY JR,, we had a blast in the SpecII Ford. One thing's for certain,, we're gonna pound these new La Croix tracks,, all of 'em til we get them nailed just as we have all the other tracks created for we GTS fans. Personally I REALLY LIKE them and can hardly wait til I'm as comfortable driving them as I am the NB Ring. We continue wishing we'd see those favorite tracks we already know from previous editions of the game, but it appears we're never going to see them again so we may as well dig in, drive those laps required to learn these new ones and enjoy. :cheers:

EarlyBird
Wednesday August 8, 2018

Any Gr4 - 4wd - Start Track: Dragon Trail Seaside
Then we will move to BB raceway for 4 races of 5 laps. We will use Gr2.

Sunday Geezers and Friends.
The room will be open at 8.00 US ET. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK). Usual setup no boost or pits, race mediums.

Slight change of mind on car choice. We will use the GR1 Mazda LM55 and the GR3 GT40.

Choice of car will be with 4th place finisher and track choice with 5th

To start us off we will head off to St. Criox B for 7 laps in the Mazda.

Back