GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Sod's law the network drops before I finally get to race with you all. 1:30am so a bit late to see if or when it comes back on.

99% sure I'm doing Sunday's race so hopefully I'll get to race with you then.👍

@Luiz Frota

I didn't realise the Nismo needed your tune for the race. I've only just seen it. Sorry.:embarrassed:

We started the 1st race just after you left the room..:( We usually start the race at 8:00 AM ET. The tune is not obligatory its just to make the car controllable for some of us, geezers. :banghead::banghead: Sunday race, for you is 14:00 and you have to be friends with @SteveBeech12 to get into the room.

Last edited:
We started the 1st race just after you left the room

Just my luck. I was really in the mood for a race but my time zone isn't the friendliest to race with you guys. Not being able to use the mic at that time of the morning wasn't ideal either. Half the fun of a lobby is in the chat.

I'm pretty sure I've still got SteveBeech12 on my friends list so I'm all set for Sunday. Looking forward to it.:cheers:

So a wheel update
It turns out that when my wheel came back from the shop, all my in game settings were way out of whack. I was sending too much information to the wheel, causing it to "clip".

Lowering the settings and the issues went away, mostly. Still tweaking the in game settings, and have opened a second spec sheet on my wheel for a whole new feel. Been doing league races the past few days trying to get use to the new set-up.

Thanks to all of you for your patience while I have been sorting this out
Turns out it was operator error all along

Geezer race - Group 4 cars, your choice. BOP on, RH tires, no tuning. Once you use a car you can't use it again. Starting grid will be determined with a 3 lap race on each track used, with the FASTEST first setting as the starting grid of the actual race. Cars to use Megane Trophy, Cayman, M4, Evo Final edition, 4C.
P.M.

Last edited:
1200px-Silverjaw_Minnow_(Notropis_buccatus).JPG
Cory, Great post, but you got to work on your spelling, it's minnar - there are two n's in minnar. Some folks reading your post probably don't know what you were referring to.

P.M.

Whar I wuz raised, in tha Ozark Mountains of MissourA, (pronounced Mizz ur ah), we called 'em minners too, but alot of us hillfolk could only go to a one room school house, cud only go in the wentr months 'cuz we had farm'n work ta do in the spring and fall and if'n we finnshed we wuz gradeated with 8th grade depluma's. Couldn't go to high school cuz it wuz in town and we never went ta town 'cept maybe once a month. Did you ever see the Burt Reynolds movie "Deliverance" ?,, well thar ya go,, and I'll add, if'n we went inta tha woods we ALWAYS carried 16 gauge shotguns and ALWAYS 2 of us,, them pig dudes would'a been blown ta bits if'n we'd a seen 'em,, our motto - SHOOT first, then ask what they want. :lol:

Last edited:
View attachment 766096

Whar I wuz raised, in tha Ozark Mountains of MissourA, (pronounced Mizz ur ah), we called 'em minners too, but alot of us hillfolk could only go to a one room school house, cud only go in the wentr months 'cuz we had farm'n work ta do in the spring and fall and if'n we finnshed we wuz gradeated with 8th grade depluma's. Couldn't go to high school cuz it wuz in town and we never went ta town 'cept maybe once a month. Did you ever see the Burt Reynolds movie "Deliverance" ?,, well thar ya go,, and I'll add, if'n we went inta tha woods we ALWAYS carried 16 gauge shotguns and ALWAYS 2 of us,, them pig dudes would'a been blown ta bits if'n we'd a seen 'em,, our motto - SHOOT first, then ask what they want. :lol:

Hi John, shor b hopin that thar minner wasn't dinner 4 the hole fambly!

Geezers and Friends Sunday races.

The room will be open at 8.00 US ET. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK Time)

We will use the same format as today but with GR3 cars. The 6 cars we will use are: Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 458, Ford GT test car, Porsche 911, Jaguar F Type and the VW Beetle. Choice of car your own but only use once.

No pit stops, RM, BOP on.

We start at Alsace for 6 laps.

Last edited:
Geezers and Friends Sunday races.

The room will be open at 8.00 US ET. Hopefully we can get a start 09.00, (14.00 UK Time)

We will use the same format as today but with GR3 cars. The 6 cars we will use are: Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 458, Ford GT test car, Porsche 911, Jaguar F Type and the VW Beetle. Choice of car your own but only use once.

No pit stops, RM, BOP on. (undecided as to boost)

We start at Alsace for 6 laps.
I vote for boost light for us backpacker’s

Back