GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Hi, last Saturday I do not have any races with you, it enters me, take part in the training but then, at the start of the race, the car starts with the autopilot and can not do anything else. I cant understand what I can do to solve it, it looks like everything ok but then it does not work

Hi, last Saturday I do not have any races with you, it enters me, take part in the training but then, at the start of the race, the car starts with the autopilot and can not do anything else. I cant understand what I can do to solve it, it looks like everything ok but then it does not work
Hello Cal,

I think there is a setting in Options - advanced options (at the bottom). There you may find something about using auto drive steering and brakes. You need to disable those. If that isn't the problem, have you been able to join any other races in rooms or just ours doesn't work? If you haven't tried any other rooms I suggest you try one to see what happens when the race starts.

P Mallard

@geezer1791
We have to find someone with a smartphone and a better english then mine to be the in-between guy among the parties. Not that I don't want the job but my poor english is not at the level we need for that communication. If no one apply, i can do it gladly.
An other way to do it is using skype, seams it is possible to connect up to a 25 people at the same time, the problem is that we got to have a PC or a Smartphone to use it, I couldn't find if we can add it to PS4.

Cal - I did look into your problem last night. When the race starts, press the options button. The choices come up to CONTINUE, RETRY, OPTIONS, EXIT. choose options, and go down to Auto Drive and turn it off. That should fix the problem - it shouldn't come back on. P Mallard

Geezer race for Saturday. Use the Corvette C7 (the blue one) that was obtained in the mileage exchange. We'll run it with default settings using only the transmission upgrade with no adjustments to the ratios. Put race hard tires on it and we'll hope we have no problems with tire grades when the races start. We may change the power settings to get us into a higher, or lower class during the session. P Mallard

ABOUT SATURDAY GEEZER RACING :gtpflag: Most of us Geezers have known each other for years and have raced together numerous times during that period. Since there has been renewed interest, I thought I'd write a few lines about us. Our sessions although hard fought, but we remain cordial. :cheers: We are racing fake cars on fake tracks with different skill levels and equipment. Mistakes are inevitable and sometimes the guy that ran into you didn't cause the issue, perhaps it was the one behind him, or the one who missed the turn. We take it in stride, and move on :nervous:. We use boost for such issues so it's possible to still salvage the race. We've also got friends who are Geezers in training, in the past we've let them into the Saturday races. We have had an increase in the number participating since Sport came out and it's been decided the Geezer Saturday session will be for official Geezers only. Maybe this will change, but for now the other sessions during the week can be attended by those younger pilots who want to join us. Since the party rooms can only handle 8, we'll set up 2 rooms, one will be the main room and will have only race participants in it. The other may be able to have non racers in the room who want to visit for a while. That will be up to the person handling that room. Keep in mind the party is set up primarily for the persons who enter the race.
Also Geezers concentration levels may be diminished due to our age, :lol: so please limit chatter during the race. We don't need a turn by turn description of what you're doing, or what your car isn't doing. There's plenty time after a race to talk about that. Of course if you're having trouble setting up, or entering the session please speak up so we can help (perhaps). Thanks for reading and enjoy your race!

Hello Pepper, I read your messages and thank you for the help.
The driving aid I keep active is ABS and, for some superpowered car, traction control. Others are deactivated. But, scrupulously, I still controlled.
The only anomaly I can see during the game is that of the name, running my nickname, while progress on the TV is all by my own name and last name.
I've done a lot of online racing and have all done regularly.
Instead, in your room, I get in and I can do the training, but at the start the car is left with the autopilot, what we all have before the 3-2-1-start!
Hopefully this afternoon everything works well.
About blue corvette i have 2 (do not ask me why) a n400 and a n500.
The only consolation is that I could watch in some of your beautiful races. In the end I will try the headset to connect to the controller, hoping that functions!
ciao geezers!

It is our intention to have multiple regular (day/time) race dates each week and publish the car & track to be used. In the past, on GT6, we usually had the first race at the posted track and subsequent races either by "winners" choice of track or "track vote". As we get acquainted with GTSport we will have to experiment with the "tools" available. Remember, Geezer Racing is about fellowship and having fun and while winning is our goal, if we have fun we feel we won too. Please join us whenever you can, send a Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791 so when the lobbys get working properly you can get in.
Im A geezer hook me up bruh S7ONEY_09 :)

Geezer race for Saturday. Use the Corvette C7 (the blue one) that was obtained in the mileage exchange. We'll run it with default settings using only the transmission upgrade with no adjustments to the ratios. Put race hard tires on it and we'll hope we have no problems with tire grades when the races start. We may change the power settings to get us into a higher, or lower class during the session. P Mallard

Is that the same C7 as the C7[N500] in Brand Central?

Nevermind, don't have either.

Last edited:
At the Tuner's Pit Racing Association ( TPRA )we are using DICORD as the in game chat.
With this link , it explain how to use it in the TPRA server.

I am sure that some geezer are savy enough to figure out how to use this.

https://www.tunerspit.com/index.php?threads/discord-game-chat.3610/

Looks good. I have installed. I think with this app we can reduce to only one being the in-between. We can have only two parties one in the app and one in the game and only one person making the in-between. If everyone has a smartphone or a notepad or a notebook we can have only one party. That would be great.

Last edited:
GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, Papa-Gnr, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziii, V_FOURMAX, degaro

Geezlings: GTX_NQX, gearmeister (1/1/18_

I'm sixty next april but this the type league I'm looking for. Been sim racing since 2000 GT4, NFS, Cart, F1 etc. Aways try very to race clean, to beat my own times are important. and to have fun. if not next april then Thanks Gary PS I must be an old Geezer I remember the league is was in four years ago. lol

I'm sixty next april but this the type league I'm looking for. Been sim racing since 2000 GT4, NFS, Cart, F1 etc. Aways try very to race clean, to beat my own times are important. and to have fun. if not next april then Thanks Gary PS I must be an old Geezer I remember the league is was in four years ago. **** I must be a really old Geezer, i srcewed up the joke. It’s was supposed to say- I can’t remember the group lol

Due to the limitations of the PS4 Party to serve only 8 people at a time we are trying alternatives to allow everyone in the race to communicate with everyone else as we could in GT6 on the PS3. I have set up the Geezer Racing server on "Discord", please try to join this app here https://discord.gg/M2hXZDz. You can use a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone to communicate. I can't say this is a perfect solution but it may work and get us back to the community fun we had with GT6. Please give it a try. :cheers:

Back