GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, Papa-Gnr, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziii, V_FOURMAX, degaro

Geezlings: GTX_NQX, gearmeister (1/1/18_
Hello All. Hope to be joining. Sending friend request momentarily.

I'm 61 and have been playing GT since version 5 but, other than occasionally, have never really jumped into the online racing. Don't have the free time to be the online gamer type, but this sounds like the kind of group that was meant for me. Hope to be seeing you soon.

BTW, anybody else in this group own classic cars in the real world? Myself, I have a 65 Buick Special and a 50 Chevy pickup.

Saturday racing. Please make sure you have both the Subaru WRX group 4 and the Nissan GT-R group 4 cars. We'll use a default setup sheet for both with race soft tires. I don't think there will be any need to change transmission settings or do any other changes to the setups so it will be a BOP room which I believe eliminates the ability to do any tuning. P Mallard

GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, Papa-Gnr, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziii, V_FOURMAX, degaro

Geezlings: GTX_NQX, gearmeister (1/1/18_

Sounds like just what I'm lookong for! Have you got a junior training programme? You see I'm only 48.

Last edited:
I tried to find you today for some geezer action but no luck. If I got the time difference right it should have been 1.30pm UTC. There was an icon which I think meant that there was a room with friends in it but when I checked the tick box for rooms with friends nothing came up. I tried looking through the list but couldn't find anything either. Because of the time difference the Saturday morning races are the only ones I can do. I bought the cars too.

Hi geezers, have you been able to activate a chat in the race?
I downloaded discord but I did not understand how I should use it, I also tried to attack the sony pslet provided with the ps4 on the pad, but I can not hear anything.
Anyway it's a pleasure to run with you on Saturday!

It's a pleasure to have you race with us. In the playstation menu check about 8 - 8:30 am Eastern standard time. A party room will be open and that's how you can communicate with us.

Thanks chaps for the warm welcome to my first Geezer session. I was saying to one of my QM chums who hasn't yet made the move to GTS that it's a good game but the racing is very serious, and I was missing the laugh out loud moments of Quick Match. Well I laughed out loud a few times today. Particularly when in the only race I came anywhere near winning everybody ran out of fuel half a mile from the finish.

first month with PS4 celebrated with a win!
I have to fire my track engineer :D(my friend coming on all saturdays to see), did not remind me to make gas in a race and another to not diminish consumption.
I was very happy to be able to talk to you for the first time ... I still have some problems with Sony's small headset, I can not see if my microphone is on or not. I need to find my headphones ....
I'm sorry if there was some confusion in the microphone but my son also came to take the granddaughter ...

To all Geezer friends! GT6 time trials are over, but we can continue driving in sport mode>qualifying time trials
Some of us are doing it, but hopefully more of us will start doing so hopefully. It's only for day bases, there we will compare our speed to other Geezers. Mots
Can only compare by regions. Unfortunate that there isn’t a global ranking list.

I thought the friends ranking would be global but apparently it isn't. We'd have to have a geezer in each region collecting the results and someone putting them together. Seems like a lot of effort for something that only lasts a day. If I've got the time I usually do a few quali laps on each of the dailies and then pick one for a few races. Unless it's Tokyo. I can't stand Tokyo.
The mission and circuit experience leaderboards are global though. Tonight I didn't fancy the races so I spent some time doing the Nordschleife circuit experience to see if I could beat the fastest geezer time. Didn't quite make it.

To all Geezer friends! GT6 time trials are over, but we can continue driving in sport mode>qualifying time trials
Some of us are doing it, but hopefully more of us will start doing so hopefully. It's only for day bases, there we will compare our speed to other Geezers. Mots
Thanks Mots, yes, each are a daily thing for now but we hope once PD get more of the game sorted and available they will make these (presently called dailys) a weekly trial. There are a number of people posting unhappiness with the dailys being default set ups and being for only one day. We have to think PD are doing this for a reason - I for one cannot understand but whpo cares that I don't understand it! :lol: - and the end result will be an even better game playing experience than we had in GT6 👍👍:cheers:. Until then we'll continue grinding the dailys we want to be a part of, collect the mileage award cars and look forward to the Geezer events. My times are really bad, really, really bad 'cause I'm muddling along with the controller until my G29 is returned from Logitec, which according to the UPS tracking will not arrive at my home until next Tuesday :banghead:,, bummer because I had hoped it would be here in time for next Saturdays Geezer races. Ohh well, "patience :rolleyes: is a virtue" they say,,, :mad:

I'm going to be home for the next 2 weekends! If any of you Geezers would like to race at any time please let me know because you guys are very fast & prove that age makes no difference in how fast you are!
I'm going to be on a lot so, if a temporary stand-in is needed, just let me know.
Otherwise, I can watch the replays!

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-p...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"The next patch, dubbed v1.06, is set to bring not only new content, but also preparation for new offline game modes. This comes as particularly good news for those who rapidly got through the title’s launch content. Although this too was promised post-launch, few of us expected to see it so soon!"

Yay! More tracks coming in future updates, and a lot more cars too. 👍 👍 👍

We’re like the 8 year olds begging to get in the cool clubhouse with the 10 year olds all over again!
LOL :lol:,, Ohh how well we remember those dayz,, EVEN THOUGH they were 60 "PLUS" years ago!! My, My, MY how time has flown.. We've seen alot in these 70 (plus for many of us) years tho,, we've seen alot. Don't hurry Twstcrv,, don't hurry partner,, seriously,, one day you'll make your way out of the shower, maybe stumble HA, wipe the steam from the mirror, notice the face in the mirror and ask yourself - WHO IS THAT looking back at me? :confused: From the inside of your eyes you're still 40,, but that 60 year old face isn't lying, :( it will hit you just as it did we Geezers,, those things you've been planning for,, time to get ready quickly cause retirement is JUST around the corner. 👍👍

Back