Gran Turismo Sport FAQs [NEW: Links updated]

United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
Since I made a GT6 version of this thread, I thought it would be necessary to make one for GT Sport (this originally said GT7, I'm not a psychic). Please update me on any questions official answered and include linked proof. :)

RED = most commonly asked / ORANGE = less commonly asked

Q&As:
When will GT Sport be released? - November 15th, 2016. Well...err...not quite. The game has been delayed to 2017.

How many cars will the game have? - It will launch with 140, but Kazunori Yamauchi says it could eventually feature up to 500.

How many tracks? - 19 locations and 27 layouts.

Will the game have a livery editor? - Yes.

Will sounds be improved in GT Sport?- Yes.

Will standards return in GT Sport? - No.

Will crash/damage physics be improved? - Yes.

Will graphics be improved? - Yes.

How will online play work? - There will be a class ranking system. There will also be 20 player lobbies and dedicated servers, but only on 'Sport' Mode. You can also spectate races.

Will photomode be improved? - Most likely. This is subjective. There are far more "Scapes," but less photomode options. You can also now take pictures inside cars without having to glitch inside. (More info)

Is the "Vision Gran Turismo" project over? - No. Not even halfway.

Is GT Sport the next major GT game, like GT7? - No, but it will be more substantial than a prologue.

Will I be able to use a PS3 wheel? - Possibly.

Will the FIA partnership be a factor? How? - Yes. You may even be able to get a FIA racing licence through GT Sport. (More info)

Will dynamic time/weather return? - No.

Will GT Academy 2016 be hosted on GT Sport? - Yes.

Will there be a Beta? When will it release? - Yes. It will release in the Spring of 2016. No. A GTS Beta was never released.

Will there be a GT Sport Prologue? - No.

How will the game modes be configured? - There will be "Campaign," "Sports Mode," and "Arcade Mode."

Will I receive special content if I pre-order GT Sport? - Yes. Follow the link for more info.

Will PlayStation VR be compatible? - Yes, but with limits.

Confirmed Cars:
You can find them here, courtesy of @Samus.

Videos:
E3 Gameplay
E3 Gameplay: Brands Hatch
GT Sport Trailer #1
"Gameplay Trailer" #1
"Gameplay Trailer" #2

Links:
2015 Gran Turismo Awards Finalists Announced at SEMA
Australia Gets in on GT Academy Action with Live Event Dates
Croatian Retailer Opens Preorders for "Gran Turismo Sport" PS4 Game
Early Details on Gran Turismo Sport’s FIA Digital Licensing Requirements
EXCLUSIVE: GT Sport Unveiling – GTPlanet’s Special Report
GoPros Spotted in Latest GT Screenshots: Possible New Feature Tie-In?
Gran Turismo 7 to See Improved Crash & Damage Physics, Coming Before 2017 - OUTDATED
Gran Turismo Sport ‘70% Complete’, Improvements Happening Daily
Gran Turismo Sport Could Have Been Called ‘GT7 Sport’
“Gran Turismo Sport” For PS4 Revealed, Public Beta Coming Early 2016 - PARTIALLY OUTDATED (beta release date inaccurate)
Gran Turismo Sport for PS4: What We Know So Far
Gran Turismo Sport is not Gran Turismo 7, More Substantial than Prologue Titles
Gran Turismo Sport Launch Date Revealed: November 15th! - PARTIALLY OUTDATED (release date inaccurate)
Gran Turismo Sport Play Sessions Scheduled in Japan This Summer
Gran Turismo Sport Sees 581% Pre-Order Boost After Playstation VR Reveal
Gran Turismo Sport Sessions Scheduled in Shanghai, Hong Kong & Taiwan
Gran Turismo Sport to Feature Livery Editor, “Scapes” for Photo Mode Enthusiasts
Gran Turismo Sport to Feature over 130 Cars, New Class Categories
Gran Turismo Sport Will Be Playable at EGX in September
Gran Turismo Sport Will (Finally) Let You Take Pictures Inside Cars
Gran Turismo Sport’s “Advanced Matchmaking System” & “Sportsmanship Points” Detailed
GT Academy 2016 Confirmed; Uses GT Sport Ahead of Retail Release
GT Awards 2015 Announced, Winner Coming to “Gran Turismo for PlayStation 4”
GT Sport Audio Will Be Composed With ‘All New System’
GT Sport Pre-Order & Limited Edition Details Revealed
GT Sport Public Beta Cancelled To Maintain 2016 Release Window - OUTDATED
GT Sport Delayed Until 2017, New Features ‘Yet to be Unveiled’
GT Sport E3 2016 Direct-Capture Video Shows Off Group 3 at Brands Hatch
GT Sport Image Blowout: Over 100 Screenshots From E3 2016
GT Sport: New Details on FIA Partnership & Broadcast-Friendly Spectating
GT Sport Players ‘Won’t Be Kept Waiting’ For DLC
GT Sport to Feature Dedicated Servers For Sport Mode
GT Sport Will Feature 19 Locations and 27 Layouts, Multiple Road Surfaces
GT Sport Will Not Feature Dynamic Time or Weather
GT6 Sounds "Will Improve", but "Major Update" Coming to GT7
GT6 vs GT Sport Comparison: Brands Hatch, Nurburgring and Willow Springs
Improved Physics and AI for GT7
Kazunori Talks to Red Bull About GT Sport Scapes, The X2010 & More
Kazunori Yamauchi: GT Sport Could (Eventually) Feature Up To 500 Cars
Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo's FIA Online Championship, Future of Motorsport
Kazunori’s M6 GT3 Race Car Confirmed For GT Sport?
New GT Sport E3 2016 Trailer Promising ‘The Future of Motorsports’ Arrives Early
New GT Sport Scapes Images Emerge Online
No Limit to Spectator Count in GT Sport’s ‘GT Live’ Mode; Promises ‘Dynamic Broadcasting’
No "Prologue" for Gran Turismo 7, Standard Cars Likely Included - OUTDATED
Peugeot 206 T16 Pikes Peak Coming to Gran Turismo Series
Pikes Peak Could Still Come to Gran Turismo, But When?
Polyphony Digital Hires Previous Forza Audio Lead for Gran Turismo
Polyphony Releases Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage, Gallery of Images
PS3 Wheels May Be Compatible With Gran Turismo Sport
PS4 to Make "Incredible Difference" for Gran Turismo, says Kazunori Yamauchi
Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7
Shanghai International Circuit Coming to GT Sport?
Sony Confirms Gamescom 2016 Lineup: 15 Racing Pods for GT Sport, WRC 6 Present
Sony Executive Jim Ryan Confident in GT Sport Release Date - OUTDATED
Sung Kang’s Datsun 240Z Wins 2015 GT Awards, Coming to Gran Turismo on PS4
The Visuals of Gran Turismo Sport Will Be a Hallmark for the Franchise
This Is What It Feels Like To Play Gran Turismo Sport
Thrustmaster’s New GT Sport Wheel to Include Direct-Drive Motor
Vision Gran Turismo Project ‘Not Even Halfway Done’

Last edited:
Since I made a GT6 version of this thread, I thought it would be necessary to make one for GT7. Please update me on any questions official answered. :)

Q&As:
Will standards return in GT7? - Most likely.
If you want this thread to stay open, you're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. If you claim to have an answer about GT7, you should provide a link or links with the proof that something is true. For standards for example, you can link the Eurogamer article from Kaz where he says standards will stay.

If you want this thread to stay open, you're going to have to do better than that I'm afraid. If you claim to have an answer about GT7, you should provide a link or links with the proof that something is true. For standards for example, you can link the Eurogamer article from Kaz where he says standards will stay.
Alright, it worked with GT6 though.

Alright, it worked with GT6 though.
Like GT7, maybe it's time to step it up to a higher level. 👍 The way things are around here the thread should remain civil as long as there is a citation for each of your claims. Without them, the thread will turn into a flame war deluxe. :eek::eek:

Like GT7, maybe it's time to step it up to a higher level. 👍 The way things are around here the thread should remain civil as long as there is a citation for each of your claims. Without them, the thread will turn into a flame war deluxe. :eek::eek:
Agreed. The community is getting crazy.

Gt7 is coming in 2015 or 2016 and if will have more racing cars and keep older models and it will be retaining cars from remained with the franchise scene ps2 era I will give u more information later.

Gt7 is coming in 2015 or 2016 and if will have more racing cars and keep older models and it will be retaining cars from remained with the franchise scene ps2 era I will give u more information later.
Do you work for Sony or PD Mr. Mystery?

How do you know?

"Will standards return in GT7? - Most likely."

That's it then. Won't buy.

I rely on Codemasters now, and the likely arrival of Dirt Rally on consoles.

Anyone think that all the cars shown in the historic footage in that trailer might be included (yes I know it's unlikely)?

Anyone think that all the cars shown in the historic footage in that trailer might be included (yes I know it's unlikely)?
What's the point of showing them if you aren't going to include it? Pretty much the GT2 and GT4 trailers did include some but not all.

What's the point of showing them if you aren't going to include it? Pretty much the GT2 and GT4 trailers did include some but not all.

I dunno, PD have shown cars in trailers and documentaries in the past and they were never added to the game at the time. I seem to remember a Ferrari being featured on a GT4 prologue DVD and everyone thought it would be in the game.

I dunno, PD have shown cars in trailers and documentaries in the past and they were never added to the game at the time. I seem to remember a Ferrari being featured on a GT4 prologue DVD and everyone thought it would be in the game.
Pebble Beach cars too, Well from what the trailer shows, I honestly think Some of them might be included, also the track in the real life potion of the trailer, was that Goodwood or somewhere else and the Place they showed with the Lambo and Mazada looked awfully familiar

Back