GT Sport Hacks?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 203 comments
That's an interesting point, isn't Nations and Manufacturers a dedicated server while the others are lobbies where the game sets the host?

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works or how I have felt it work in my experience?
Yes, i havent seen any of those "weird laps" with unrealistic times in FIA nations or manufacturers cups time trials

Also i havent seen it on circuit experience, its only in sport mode daily races and in online lobbies

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys! Just registered after many years of studying this forum :>
Just my 2 cents...For sure its impossible to set those lap times in my opinion in comparison to world wide rankings. I manage to get to top10 Leaderboards sometimes but...yesterday on Nürburgring GP i recognized it the first time...Now today Interlagos Gr.3...something really strange is going on...like Nissman said...not even close to a clean lap yesterday...don't want to blame someone, but this time difference over top players is just not possible...

Watched the Interlagos lap, the high braking zones really striked me, the guy brakes impossibly late, turns in while still 100% on brake with absolutely no modulation.

As for the bit of throttle applied in conjunction with brakes, I see no problem doing this as it is a technique used in real life as well to prevent the rear from sliding (it is even more used on FWDs in rally to stick the front to the inside), although in this case I don't think it was necessary (especially seeing how the car handles under hard braking).

@Spurgy 777 Boost theory would be easy to check out : get some people in a lobby, start a race, do some laps in front, then let everyone pass and lap you, and do some laps again. I can see how it could be abused to be activated even alone in practice, either by using that "developper mode", or maybe using a bug involving ghosts (I'm purely theorizing there, but since you can load a ghost of any car, if the game would activate boost because of it being in front, you could load one from a Gr.1 car or something).

Last edited:
The lap from RA1784 looks pretty good to me. Nice smooth throttle and brake inputs, also if you look at his milage he has run the car for over 4200 miles, while trl_augh only drove the car for 523 miles. Also if you compare turn 4 where trl_augh is accelerating on the slippery light green part of the track and curb while RA1784 takes it wider but gets a much better exit speed due to the use of the asphalt next to the curb.

Also how accurate are the replays? I think in the older Gran Turismo's it would save your inputs and replay those in realtime during the replays?
No one said it isn't "good", but it doesn't look "great" as in world beating. In the replays of all legit fast laps the drivers are using the entire track on every corner and hitting every apex just right. That is not the case in the replay in question thus it looks suspect.

Heated debates are one thing, but turning those into personal attacks is simply not acceptable.

Warnings have been handed out and I would strongly suggest that all members ensure that posts they make follow the AUP.

Heated debates are one thing, but turning those into personal attacks is simply not acceptable.

Warnings have been handed out and I would strongly suggest that all members ensure that posts they make follow the AUP.

Things were moved into a PSN conversation, were things are getting cleared up. Since nothing has been posted about it on this topic yet, the PSN chat was the initiative of RA1784, who has offered all the help he could provide to understand what's going on. Since I'm more spectating than being really active in this, I'll let the others bring out the details (that will probably deserve its own topic to improve readability and be able to be sent to PD)

Things were moved into a PSN conversation, were things are getting cleared up. Since nothing has been posted about it on this topic yet, the PSN chat was the initiative of RA1784, who has offered all the help he could provide to understand what's going on. Since I'm more spectating than being really active in this, I'll let the others bring out the details (that will probably deserve its own topic to improve readability and be able to be sent to PD)
Yes in RA's defence he was very helpfull in supplying us with info and answering questions in a psn chat. I am pretty sure the hacks have been ruled out and the main supicion now is a game breaking bug that effects his game and few others around the world as well. We are going to need to adress this to PD so they can sort it out. I think the people that did most of the research and have all the evidence will put out a thread about it in attempt to reach PD.

From the latest news, in short : it is account related, RA noticed a big difference in physics with a second account on the same PS4, lap times being several seconds slower. Currently testing stuff with saves.

I have a couple things to throw out there, perhaps a bit unfounded, but it could be something additional to look into.

I remember a time back in GT6 where custom wheels caused parameters to change on the car, but without any said parameters showing up or affecting any settings or PP values. I believe it had something to do with tire width or wheel diameter, and it usually had a negative affect on car's performance.

What I'm wondering is if maybe a similar (or identical) bug is hitting GTS in the livery editor, with custom wheels (like in GT6) providing different width, weight, and/or diameter values and going undisplayed in the tuning/setting/specs menus, but still providing the advantages of the "invisible" specs.

My other thought was that maybe there's an unintended difference between gift cars (i.e. daily reward/campaign milestones) and cars you purchased yourself, in a similar vein to the wheel bug above? Perhaps something within the two designations causes something like different BoP settings to be applied for sport mode? This one seems less likely but the complexity of games nowadays makes some wild and intricate stuff to crop up sometimes.

I don't have the time to test this stuff nor the depth of knowledge needed to identify performance/lap/physics inconsistencies, but I figured I'd throw this out there for those that are doing this work.

Last edited:
@Quakebass No, it has nothing to do with these things. (BTW that GT6 thing with wheels was a hoax I think, I did extensive testings with stock, aftermarket stock size, aftermarket +1" and aftermarket +2" wheels and laps times and drag times were consistent no matter the configuration). Also, I don't have a 4 sec. per lap difference when using a livery with custom wheels on a gifted car compared to using a stock loaned car ;)

@RA1784 I can take care of that if needed, make a proper sum up, but that will wait tomorrow or wednesday. If @Spurgy 777 can provide his materials as well, I can make the complete report since you guys spent quite some time doing all the work, and you might have something else to do as well.

@Quakebass No, it has nothing to do with these things. (BTW that GT6 thing with wheels was a hoax I think, I did extensive testings with stock, aftermarket stock size, aftermarket +1" and aftermarket +2" wheels and laps times and drag times were consistent no matter the configuration). Also, I don't have a 4 sec. per lap difference when using a livery with custom wheels on a gifted car compared to using a stock loaned car ;)

@RA1784 I can take care of that if needed, make a proper sum up, but that will wait tomorrow or wednesday. If @Spurgy 777 can provide his materials as well, I can make the complete report since you guys spent quite some time doing all the work, and you might have something else to do as well.
You might ask a mod about this but I think it's a very important topic and I think the discovery deserves it's own thread and a well worded title that alludes directly to the bug itself rather than just a generic "GTSport New Bug" type of thread.

Another "interesting" lap has popped up this time in Europe, I've put TRL_AUGHs lap in for comparison as it was the next fastest lap with a replay.

I knew it!
When i watch the fastest guys they seem to brake much later but if i try its impossible to make the corner.
My braking points are the same as the second lap guy, compare your braking points in the first lap and your megane vid, most pronounced as you brake for dunlop.
You brake in half the distance of other guy and what i do.
Must be a glitch giving more grip?

Edit. For someone to even attempt to brake that late must know the glitch is in effect or at least something strange is happening (as you knew instantly after your megane lap, that's why you posted) ?

Not calling anyone a cheat, if it had happened to me i would be thinking i've woke up as an Alien driver and proceeded to set the fastest lap i could lol

Last edited:
There was a massive bug in my progress saves. I dont know where it came from but i think it was there since the beginning. So i was used to the braking points. I didnt play much sport mode so just the latest qualifying laps and studying these for hours by some people made sure that there must have been something really wrong.

GT6 custom wheel "bug" wasn't a bug at all. Custom wheels were narrower than OEM wheels resulting in less traction due to smaller contact path. Take Ferrari F40 or SRT Viper as example. Originally, wheels at the back are wider than front wheels, if you put aftermarket rims on it, game makes all wheels same width as front wheels. So in the end you get less grip at the back. Also lower profile tires act like increasing tire pressure and physics engine calculates it all. These were things we never had a possibility to tune, and no one told us about it, but still they were fully simulated in game.

I wouldn't be surprised if oversimplified tuning menus for children in GTS hides even more secrets. Check the wheel width in Photomode!

@andryush now that you mention it I remember it cause issues with staggered setups at first, but I *think* that was patched in an update. After that, a friend and I both tested a car with pretty much all wheel size options and noticed no difference.

Yes, i havent seen any of those "weird laps" with unrealistic times in FIA nations or manufacturers cups time trials

Also i havent seen it on circuit experience, its only in sport mode daily races and in online lobbies

I saw it!!

It actually happened to me. Somehow my first lap in the Nations cup race on Sunday was a 2:25. I was lapping in the 2:27's through the race. How the first lap ended up being 2 seconds faster is beyond me. Maybe there's some sort of boost at work to sort the field out on the first lap...I don't know. I know that, from my perspective, there was nothing special about that first lap. I wasn't actually 2 seconds further up the road.

Now that's probably slipstream first lap, trafic in others ? If you really think something was off, you should share the replay.

When you see a guy going 1 full second faster than aliens like IOF, doodle and Snow you KNOW something is dodgy at the bare minimum.

Spurgy is right, there's something these guys discovered and nobody knows what that is. These guys use the weirdest racing lines ever, have tons of grip on lower gears, it's really strange.

In the america region, the 2 dodgy guys are brazilians.

I hope this glitch on the save file is really the issue. Good find guys!

I saw it!!

It actually happened to me. Somehow my first lap in the Nations cup race on Sunday was a 2:25. I was lapping in the 2:27's through the race. How the first lap ended up being 2 seconds faster is beyond me. Maybe there's some sort of boost at work to sort the field out on the first lap...I don't know. I know that, from my perspective, there was nothing special about that first lap. I wasn't actually 2 seconds further up the road.

It's because in Suzuka your first lap is usually shorter, cause if you're in the first positions, you start your lap way beyond the start finish line. The game shouldnt count the first lap into consideration for fastest lap because of that, but it does. It's a small issue.

Last edited:
I saw it!!

Wasn't that Suzuka? That automatically happens there as you start ahead of the finish line :).

Edit: Whoops somebody posted before this, should have thread the 2 messages after! Apologies.

Can we, please, stop throwing my nationality in every complain thread?

I suspected you were brazilian by your nickname.

Unfortunately, some brazilians drivers have this reputation, and it isnt for no reason at all. I'm brazilian too and i acknowledge this. They (we) are the most agressive drivers in the region, and most often are the ones that gonna put you off the track.

But then there's a lot of clean drivers too. Shame we only get the bad part of that. What can we do?

Back