GT Sport Holds Strong in PlayStation Store Sales

You may be right, but I'm just happy we have a GT title on the ps4. Hope they add Seasonal events down the line somewhere.
Exactly right! With FIA tournaments raging nicely this early in the game, this is just the beginning. I've been a GT series fan from day one & although this game has its bugs & glitches, with all sincerity, I feel like there will be vast amounts of content in the coming months & years. This magnificent racer is just getting a foothold & will be the state of the art for a long time!

Exactly right! With FIA tournaments raging nicely this early in the game, this is just the beginning. I've been a GT series fan from day one & although this game has its bugs & glitches, with all sincerity, I feel like there will be vast amounts of content in the coming months & years. This magnificent racer is just getting a foothold & will be the state of the art for a long time!

I would share your enthusiasm about the next months/years,but since most of the major problems are connected to the online (e-sport) part of the game I cannot.
They still have the ability -I hope- to fix things and the time to do it.But it should be done fast and succesfull if they dont want to see lower numbers in their players base.

On the face of it content is light. Yet here I am, 4 weeks since launch, making sure I log on daily, get my rewards, check the latest liveries (and now decals), checking out my PSN friends updates, and sharing anything cool I find.

All this while still yet to compete online, instead making my way through the offline content, and custom races. It does feel like the basis for the best Gran Turismo yet. Now let's get that DLC train rolling PD.

Too right! I'm loving GT Sport, it feels very polished & different in my opinion. A lot different from the other GT's & it's a nice touch, I like the new approach. & There will be more content to keep us going down the line, of course they will. I'm happy the game is selling well. Hope it continues that way. Just my opinion.

I agree that I am really enjoying the game and new concept and direction. I have had some fantastic on line races with other drivers of a similar skill level to my own. Yes a few tweaks to the penalty system, ranking system and at times the lobby matching system but nothing that is major or would require a major change of direction from the current methods employed.

I think PD has done well!

PD & Kaz-San have knocked it out of the park. We die-hards really don't necessarily have to focus on the GT gamers who have left the fold. We will revel in the game's positives & go from there.

the livery editor could be significantly improved with a few more MOUSE controls...
You can Plug in a USB mouse, and use it to make Selections. But you Can't use to Scale or Skew the design..

A set of Corner and Side Handle Bars, that the Mouse can use would make it a Lot quicker and easier.
A right click to alter the Handle bars to Rotation control also.
Side and top / bottom handle bars would stretch
Corner Handel bars would Scale
Right Click Corner handle bar to Rotate
Right Click Side Handle Bar to Skew - Drag Out/ Away to Grow that Direction, Drag in/towards to Shrink that Direction.

Edit: with Mouse controls it would cut down livery creation time by, I'll bet at least 50%
1/2 the time needed now...

Select, Drag Drop, Rotate, Scale Skew, Color, done.

the livery editor could be significantly improved with a few more MOUSE controls...
You can Plug in a USB mouse, and use it to make Selections. But you Can't use to Scale or Skew the design..

A set of Corner and Side Handle Bars, that the Mouse can use would make it a Lot quicker and easier.
A right click to alter the Handle bars to Rotation control also.
Side and top / bottom handle bars would stretch
Corner Handel bars would Scale
Right Click Corner handle bar to Rotate
Right Click Side Handle Bar to Skew - Drag Out/ Away to Grow that Direction, Drag in/towards to Shrink that Direction.

I wish they could tell you how much it is shrinking by so you can get it right on the other side.

For me it's the best GT ever. I bought Project cars 2 , Forza 7 and GTS in that order. My expectation for GT was really low, I thought it would be just another game in my collection as I didn't play GT6 much as it was pretty disappointing. But it turned out that GTS was the most exiting game of the trio. I still play Forza for car collection but I have the most fun with the online competions of GTS.

That's what I was thinking. Sales wise it may not be dieing ( because people are attracted to shiny things then cry its crap after purchase ) but the franchise started dieing years ago, it's a corporate product . The gamers are not the priority. If they were then PDI would have worked on a better career mode and AI after two dismal games, but no.
It’s not about the campaign though if you think about it. It’s about online racing and championships. It has been going this way since the first gt academy.

I'm going to get crucified for saying this but it's dead to a lot of fans.

I think it is dead to fans who have been playing since the start. I think they are trying to appeal to a younger audience and that might be why we have a lot of new cars and it seems to appeal to a casual gamer audience and I think thats a bad idea. I still think the game is worth playing but it needs a lot of work.

I strongly disagree the think you & many many other pepole don't get is that Kaz did his thing in every GT ever. What changed is that back then because it was the only Sim type game out there pepole liked it until 2005-2010 (GT4) . But when other games like GT arrived on the scene offering other tastes pepole woke up & realized GT wasen't as good as it looked to be. That dosen't mean GT is dead by any means .
Well I disagree that you think I and others don't get it. It's a GT game like any other minus career mode, minus bug track list, minus big car list. Sport mode isn't a massive feature that requires all of those aforementioned things be dropped. There is no way PDI thought "hey all of our fans want this, they don't want career mode and so on. They all want sport mode.".

There is no reason to have dropped those for sports mode, and for the umpteenth time, if what you say is true and I and others don't get it. Then why the hell did Kaz try and convince that only 15% of this game is online and suitable for the traditional offline GT player? So Yea I get it alright. It's not there because they are sloths. If anyone really believes otherwise then I don't know what to say.

I think it is dead to fans who have been playing since the start. I think they are trying to appeal to a younger audience and that might be why we have a lot of new cars and it seems to appeal to a casual gamer audience and I think thats a bad idea. I still think the game is worth playing but it needs a lot of work.
How does fewer cars appeal to a younger audience? Come on now.

You have just received a 10 second penalty!!!!
I think a 10 sec stop and go is better option in this case.
I am just letting it be known that I served my penalty whilst I was in the cue at Tesco buying some eggs.

PD & Kaz-San have knocked it out of the park. We die-hards really don't necessarily have to focus on the GT gamers who have left the fold. We will revel in the game's positives & go from there.

I think many who seem displeased prefer a car collecting and car modding game more than they do a racing game. It is clearly plain that the focus of GTS is more on the racing experience.

That's what I was thinking. Sales wise it may not be dieing ( because people are attracted to shiny things then cry its crap after purchase ) but the franchise started dieing years ago, it's a corporate product . The gamers are not the priority. If they were then PDI would have worked on a better career mode and AI after two dismal games, but no.
I never found Them' to be flawed in any way in my opinion. I mean few cars had horrible engine sounds 1 or 2, and yes the AI cutting you of off was a bit annoying but I would not label them dismal for such small imperfections. In fact I find GT 5 and 6 to be PD's master pieces!:bowdown: GT died with GT sport.

I think this game is really good.
I like online and appreciate what they are trying to do. For career mode, I play project cars 2 but have got fed up with online, qualifying high and then getting rammed off the track as my car is used as a brake for someone else.
G

Very well said. I have also given up on playing Project cars online also. It is great going on single player and playing all those tracks but online I always get the shaft somehow. Just like you, people forget how to brake and then I am off the track.

I like how the sportsmanship rating is going so far. I do think it still needs work BUT I will say that it is a lot better than PCARS2 rating system. It feels like Pcars2's system wants you to be super fast and clean to move out of the crappy driver level to where GTS only needs you to be clean and it pairs you up with racers near your speed.

Only thing GT Sport needs to add is a drive through penalty for some of the heavy track offenders or people who cause a major accident. I had a guy completely fail the braking zone at the hairpin on Dragon Trail taking me and another driver out. He went on to finish 3rd and myself and the other guy he took out finished in the back. The dudes sportsmanship rating went down but to me that wasn't enough of a punishment.

Very well said. I have also given up on playing Project cars online also. It is great going on single player and playing all those tracks but online I always get the shaft somehow. Just like you, people forget how to brake and then I am off the track.

I like how the sportsmanship rating is going so far. I do think it still needs work BUT I will say that it is a lot better than PCARS2 rating system. It feels like Pcars2's system wants you to be super fast and clean to move out of the crappy driver level to where GTS only needs you to be clean and it pairs you up with racers near your speed.

Only thing GT Sport needs to add is a drive through penalty for some of the heavy track offenders or people who cause a major accident. I had a guy completely fail the braking zone at the hairpin on Dragon Trail taking me and another driver out. He went on to finish 3rd and myself and the other guy he took out finished in the back. The dudes sportsmanship rating went down but to me that wasn't enough of a punishment.
That would be a very good idea. A major braking miss I hope would be relatively easy to spot.
I like the drive through idea and a few tweaks will improve this greatly.
The VR mode shows where this can go. The appreciation of the highs and lows of the tracks is fabulous. If they had your time attack ghost and a couple of your nearest rivals ghosts it would be greatly improved.
Just had a superb race tonight. Really good players driving properly. Backing off if not enough space and going for it when space was there. Loved it.

Last edited:
It will not be holding strong for long if it doesn't bring out some new tracks soon as I'm getting bored of the same ones already, we need some more real tracks, I don't mind the cars in the game as I usually drive the same ones anyway but a few more tracks would be great.

The more popular racing games get, the more likely other publishers/developers will think "we can make money on this.." and develop a game, so the genre gets better, budgets get bigger and we'll get more, higher quality games.

I don't agree on your last point - if one dares to criticise PCars here they get taken apart by the, shall we say more avid fans of racing games.

Or shall we say, more avid fans of posting about racing games on forums?

Interesting how main page of GTplanet does not report GTsports falling like a rock sales in Uk and Japan markets but champions this.

What positives nice box art and UI ? functioning online is not a positive feature these days it's a base expectation, and none expect it at the cost of everything else.

Kaz's days are numbered given the implications his fumbles have on Worldwide studios as a whole.

Interesting how main page of GTplanet does not report GTsports falling like a rock sales in Uk and Japan markets but champions this.

What positives nice box art and UI ? functioning online is not a positive feature these days it's a base expectation, and none expect it at the cost of everything else.

Kaz's days are numbered given the implications his fumbles have on Worldwide studios as a whole.

What falling are you talking about? Dropping in sales is totally normal for any AAA titles. Assasin Creed Origin for example drop almost 40% in its second week. Why are you obsessed in seeing this game fail anyway, what are you going to gain from it? This game will continue to grow as long as PD adds content in the future. GT always have a long legs, hell even GT6 still on top on PSN EU charts.

Last edited:
Here's our UK week 3 article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-forza-motorsport-7-forza-horizon-3-hold-uk-sales-charts/

That's the most recent week (week 4 will end on Saturday), and within the article we point out that GT Sport has held on to the 5th place it had in week 2. Of course it debuted in first in week 1.

If you consider 1st, 5th, 5th to be "falling like a rock sales in UK", we did indeed report it.

oh was you expecting GTS to hold onto #1 after Mario Odyssey and COD came out?

ok

PD should add "suggesting gear off option" through update. GT6 has that option. It keeps distracting me and it's useless. By the way GTS more looks like a racing simulator than a driving simulator as the identity of Gran Turismo itself. It also feels like GT Prologue if not online connected. I hope in the future they will release "full version" or something like "GOTY" of this game and can be played just offline.

What falling are you talking about? Dropping in sales is totally normal for any AAA titles. Assasin Creed Origin for example drop almost 40% in its second week. Why are you obsessed in seeing this game fail anyway, what are you going to gain from it? This game will continue to grow as long as PD adds content in the future. GT always have a long legs, hell even GT6 still on top on PSN EU charts.
#DontFeedTheTrollsAndAttentionSeekers

Back