GT Sport Holds Strong in PlayStation Store Sales

likes on ps4 as of today

Pcars2 ---------------------4.5k

Gran Turismo Sport --67.4k
First off, that's not what he meant and you know it. 1,000,000 sales doesn't equate to 1,000,000 likes. That's what reviews are for and the last time you went down that road, you threw on a tin foil hat.

Secondly, what are the parameters for these likes? Were there likes before either game was released? Why do these numbers matter over ratings? Both games have a 4/5 star rating on the same PS Store.
you inquired about the "likes" in Gts playstation store. I gave you the factual answer but you still say it tells you nothing in attempt to refute in your comment below. Yes I'm quoting you but it is directed to anyone who wishes to read it.
Couldn't care less about this either before you try to bring it up. It's a pitiful attempt to put an end to the discussion because you periodically run of out of breath when your views are pushed.

[Week 1] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 74,000
[Week 2] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 29,000 / 103,000
[Week 3] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 129,000

GT Sport is still tracking ahead of GT6 in the U.K. Week 4 GT Sport was #9 in the U.K. with approximate sales of 10K. Forza 7 had a 50% sales boost in One X launch week with sales of 12K.

I don't have U.K. lifetime sales, but Week One Forza 7 sold 29K and PCars 2 (all formats) 14K. Also factor U.K. digital sales are between 30% to 45% for AAA titles as reported by Gamesindustry.biz.

The coming weeks will see the Black Friday and bundling season kick in. This will generate 10k-20k sales per week for GT Sport until the new year (including regular retail sales). It's been a major factor in Horizon 3 being a constant in the UK top 20 for a whole year.

GT Sport has different sales expectations to the competition. A well received entry is capable of hitting 10m. GT Sport won't do that, but over 5m is a certainty given the size of the PS4 market, and emerging markets like Eastern Europe and Asia. It's also interesting to see titles that had slow starts, like Rainbow Six, gather momentum. It's unlikely GT Sport will see such dramatic boosts, but a consistent flow of quality DLC and features, could well see growth above and beyond the usual tail for AAA titles.

I haven't played GT since GT2 and I'm glad I picked up GTS. I've been playing sim racing games about 20 years and GTS races online are some of the most fun I've had in a long time and it seems DR/SR actually encourages people to race clean.

I haven't played GT since GT2 and I'm glad I picked up GTS. I've been playing sim racing games about 20 years and GTS races online are some of the most fun I've had in a long time and it seems DR/SR actually encourages people to race clean.

Actually it does not.What this system does (or try to do) is to seperate people depending how fast/slow and clean/non clean they are.
You can choose the way you want to race.And at this point I have to add that you can "beat" the system by getting to the upper levels without being actually "clean".

They need to increase the amount of daily online tracks to race from 3. Surely they could double it. Especially if one of those 3 is an oval, which I can't even be bothered with.

I get bored of racing the same ones after an hour, switch to Campaign/Driving Missions, get bored of those after an hour so turn off the game. Arcade is no real competition even on Expert.

It's hanging by a thread in my library of regularly played games - which is a shame because it looks and plays so well..

....until maybe the DLC arrives.
Play Lobby, that's what it's there for :D

Actually it does not.What this system does (or try to do) is to seperate people depending how fast/slow and clean/non clean they are.
You can choose the way you want to race.And at this point I have to add that you can "beat" the system by getting to the upper levels without being actually "clean".

It actually does encourage in the upper ranks to race clean to stay within that upper rank. Yes currently the system in my opinion does allow advancement into the upper SR rankings to easily and the criteria for admission in the highest levels should be tightened up or narrowed to allow admittance.

Also there does need some tweaks to the penalty system so that the system cannot be gamed or taken advantage of by questionable driving practices or contact to gain an advantage within race without incurring a penalty. We can hope that PD monitors these forums and will make adjustments in the near future that will eliminate the loopholes currently being exploited.

Also there are some gamers that probably actually enjoy the game being a Saturday Night Demo Derby and even in the lower SR ranks their preferred gaming style can be accommodated without affecting the racers that are looking for a cleaner non contact racing experience.

If the SR system is applied correctly using the right criteria for advancement to the higher levels then GTS can truly be a driving game where drivers of all types and preferences can find the type of experience they may seek.

It actually does encourage in the upper ranks to race clean to stay within that upper rank. Yes currently the system in my opinion does allow advancement into the upper SR rankings to easily and the criteria for admission in the highest levels should be tightened up or narrowed to allow admittance.

How does it do that?The only reason SR system exists in the game is to match clean drivers with other clean drivers.It does not encourage people to actually drive as clean as they can -and it does not even do that as good as it should since you can be a dirty driver and get to the S SR ranks-.
BTW it does nothing to the e-sports part of the game.There where a lot of "low" SR rating drivers with more points that "high" rating SR drivers and better position in the world/domestic boards.

How does it do that?The only reason SR system exists in the game is to match clean drivers with other clean drivers.It does not encourage people to actually drive as clean as they can -and it does not even do that as good as it should since you can be a dirty driver and get to the S SR ranks-.
BTW it does nothing to the e-sports part of the game.There where a lot of "low" SR rating drivers with more points that "high" rating SR drivers and better position in the world/domestic boards.

Compare how many or how fast that multiple contact and penalty incidents will reduce your SR if you are in the "S" class versus how many incidents it will take to be reduced to the next lower class if you are in the SR rated "C" class.
That reduction does encourage a driver to drive clean to maintain their status and remaining within the higher SR rating brackets.

SR ratings have no effects on the points awarded for finishes in the championship series.
DR ratings do have an effect on points as to the level of competition you are facing or racing against.
Points are awarded by the DR level of competition within the race and the number of positions advanced and/or the final position at race end against that competition.
Of course the higher the level of competition beaten results in more point awarded for the win or finishing position.

Compare how many or how fast that multiple contact and penalty incidents will reduce your SR if you are in the "S" class versus how many incidents it will take to be reduced to the next lower class if you are in the SR rated "C" class.
That reduction does encourage a driver to drive clean to maintain their status and remaining within the higher SR rating brackets..

I understand how the SR system works (or try).My point is that the only reason to aim for S SR rating is if you like clean -or as clean as it can be- races.Other than that there is no point of remaining within the higher SR rating classes.And with that said:
SR ratings have no effects on the points awarded for finishes in the championship series.
DR ratings do have an effect on points as to the level of competition you are facing or racing against.

Points are awarded by the DR level of competition within the race and the number of positions advanced and/or the final position at race end against that competition.
Of course the higher the level of competition beaten results in more point awarded for the win or finishing position.
Since the e-sports its all about DR,then people are "pushed" to fight to get to the higher DR rating no matter what.In the end,they can drive as dirty as they want in order to get to the top 100 list of GTS e-sports ratings (that as you said its only affected by the DR rating).
So actually "clean racing" is not encouraged.Its only a "personal" preference until -example- they put a mandatory SR S in order to have the right to race in the Cups.

I understand how the SR system works (or try).My point is that the only reason to aim for S SR rating is if you like clean -or as clean as it can be- races.Other than that there is no point of remaining within the higher SR rating classes.And with that said:

Since the e-sports its all about DR,then people are "pushed" to fight to get to the higher DR rating no matter what.In the end,they can drive as dirty as they want in order to get to the top 100 list of GTS e-sports ratings (that as you said its only affected by the DR rating).
So actually "clean racing" is not encouraged.Its only a "personal" preference until -example- they put a mandatory SR S in order to have the right to race in the Cups.

What other reason would the SR "S" be important if you did not prefer clean racing?

Right now it is no doubt that the system needs tweaking on the criteria to allow entrance and retain being included within the higher SR brackets.
Also there is no doubt as the penalty system is now applied and how that racers can game the system, avoid penalties altogether while initiating contact or make calculated moves that although results with a penalty the current practice of being able to scrub off penalties within the race that dirty driving and contact with other vehicles can result in advancing a racing position and the penalty does not result in any actual punishment or a deterrent to the offensive driving techniques.

All we can hope for is that PD will continue to make tweaks to the system and close the loopholes and make access to the higher ranks more difficult overall.

As far as the e-sports tournaments all forms of tourney play is designed for the fastest and the best to win. You should not exclude a player because of their SR rating but you can very well weight penalty application and amounts to where contact, dirty driving and course cutting will basically be severe enough to prevent such drivers from advancing very far within the tourney.

What other reason would the SR "S" be important if you did not prefer clean racing?

Thats my point.The system by itself do not "encourage" people to be clean.There is nothing to gain by driving clean other that facing SR S people.

As far as the e-sports tournaments all forms of tourney play is designed for the fastest and the best to win. You should not exclude a player because of their SR rating but you can very well weight penalty application and amounts to where contact, dirty driving and course cutting will basically be severe enough to prevent such drivers from advancing very far within the tourney.

The best and fastest should be about those that are both "fast and clean" or "fast and fair".
At this point the second part (clean/fair) is irrelevant.Its all about DR.

[Week 1] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 74,000
[Week 2] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 29,000 / 103,000
[Week 3] GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 129,000

GT Sport is still tracking ahead of GT6 in the U.K. Week 4 GT Sport was #9 in the U.K. with approximate sales of 10K. Forza 7 had a 50% sales boost in One X launch week with sales of 12K.

I don't have U.K. lifetime sales, but Week One Forza 7 sold 29K and PCars 2 (all formats) 14K. Also factor U.K. digital sales are between 30% to 45% for AAA titles as reported by Gamesindustry.biz.

The coming weeks will see the Black Friday and bundling season kick in. This will generate 10k-20k sales per week for GT Sport until the new year (including regular retail sales). It's been a major factor in Horizon 3 being a constant in the UK top 20 for a whole year.

GT Sport has different sales expectations to the competition. A well received entry is capable of hitting 10m. GT Sport won't do that, but over 5m is a certainty given the size of the PS4 market, and emerging markets like Eastern Europe and Asia. It's also interesting to see titles that had slow starts, like Rainbow Six, gather momentum. It's unlikely GT Sport will see such dramatic boosts, but a consistent flow of quality DLC and features, could well see growth above and beyond the usual tail for AAA titles.
Do you have a link for the approximate 10,000 week 4 sales?

GT Sport has different sales expectations to the competition. A well received entry is capable of hitting 10m. GT Sport won't do that, but over 5m is a certainty given the size of the PS4 market, and emerging markets like Eastern Europe and Asia.

Market is healthy as can be but GTSports initial sales don't give me an impression of potential for long term sales. Greatest sales driver post release would be bundles, but the Destiny COD and Battlefront bundles will severely eat into this. Nothing is given. The quality and content is just not there. It should but plenty is going against it.

Back