GT Sport Holds Strong in PlayStation Store Sales

Not really, as you seem to be gibbering about largely irrelevant stuff.

Possibly to deflect from the fact that I destroyed your claim that we're not covering the UK's "falling like a rock sales" by linking you to our article about GT Sport's third week UK sales, which reference the second week sales.

Sure sure. I only nullified your whole basis for your argument.

And you are still avoiding the Japanese sales ? no statement on that.

Irrelevant stuff ? you claim lower console sales and lower game sales as reasoning for GTS lower sales and i destroyed that with facts to the contrary.

CLIFFS
PS4 is out pacing PS2
PS4 attach ratio is higher than PS2.
GTS released on a higher user base then GT5

If you wish to learn about the market and learn facts I recommend neogaf or the new forum resetera.

First week sales UK are 73,688 which is above GT6 but below GT5P opening weeks. The 2nd and 3rd week sales are approximately 29,000 and 26,000. Doesn't look too good but doesn't look too bad either.

First week Japanese sales are 150,286 that is below GT6. 2nd and 3rd week sales 17,670 and 9,045. Tanking. Badly.

It is not confirmed as a failure yet - there isn't enough data for that, but no way can anyone say it is a success either.
You can't say its doing bad in japan if you you consider that GT4 sold around 800.000 maybe less in total , kind of ironic but must of GT sales come from europe.

We have a comparable game here in League of Legends. It has a Metacritic rating of just 75%. It got lots of haters and a user score rating of 5,5% even lower then Gran Turismo Sport and it's free. So is it a failure? In your eyes it has to be , but it's one of the most succesful games of this planet.
Gran Turismo Sport has headed into a new future and it's esport. If you like it play it, if you don't play Forza Motorsport 7. It's the game which should satisfy most people who like the old Gran Turismo and it has gorgeous graphics.
Just don't try to tell us that Gran Turismo Sport is a failure. Because it's not, it's the right step into the future of gaming.

There is little logical comparison to be between a FTP PC BAttle arena title and a Console Sim/racing $59'99 one.

Were you making a joke ? by no logical factual mathematical metric on this planet is GTS one of the most successful games on this planet.

Sure sure. I only nullified your whole basis for your argument.
Let's just revisit that:
Interesting how main page of GTplanet does not report GTsports falling like a rock sales in Uk and Japan markets but champions this.
Here's our UK week 3 article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-forza-motorsport-7-forza-horizon-3-hold-uk-sales-charts/

That's the most recent week (week 4 will end on Saturday), and within the article we point out that GT Sport has held on to the 5th place it had in week 2. Of course it debuted in first in week 1.

If you consider 1st, 5th, 5th to be "falling like a rock sales in UK", we did indeed report it.
Nope. Looks like you stated we didn't cover something (which you found "interesting") and I proved you instantly wrong. Which I find interesting.

Everything else since is you deflecting from that.

Let's just revisit that:

Nope. Looks like you stated we didn't cover something (which you found "interesting") and I proved you instantly wrong. Which I find interesting.

Everything else since is you deflecting from that.

Ok you covered it, yet not the actual figures which you used later in this thread but covered Uk sales.

Ok i own up to that.

So are you gonna deflect from everything else still ? or do you have the courage to face the music.

You made a lot of points which i destroyed, won't you own up to or at least make some sort of a rebuttal. Would you like me to quote specific ones again to make it easier to for you to debate ? there were lots of them, got a little messy for sure.

There is little logical comparison to be between a FTP PC BAttle arena title and a Console Sim/racing $59'99 one.

Were you making a joke ? by no logical factual mathematical metric on this planet is GTS one of the most successful games on this planet.
Seriously whats the point of all this ? you are trying to covince us GTS is bad?,Well maybe for you is trash bad etc etc but for many pepole it isen't & you are not gonna change that,Same happend with GT6 many hated it trash talked about it & what happend ? sure it was the worst selling GT ever but it still outsoled its rivals by a big margin so at the end of the what you doing is pointless have a good day.

Seriously whats the point of all this ? you are trying to covince us GTS is bad?,Well maybe for you is trash bad etc etc but for many pepole it isen't & you are not gonna change that,Same happend with GT6 many hated it trash talked about it & what happend ? sure it was the worst selling GT ever but it still outsoled its rivals by a big margin so at the end of the what you doing is pointless have a good day.

Seeing this is a thread about sales, and nowhere did i state the game is "bad". I'm Not debating how you feel or enjoy the game that would be pointless, but sales we have cold hard fact numbers. Nor am i trying to change an opinion you or someone else may have about how you like it.

Hell i Loved Zone of enders, first got 7s and was a add on with a MGS game. The second was a colossal sale failure. Now i loved it but i can also honestly state the franchise was a sales dud.

As far as GTS consider it mediocre, which by definition is the middle ground. Not positive not negative.

Did I say ever say that it was one of the most succesful games of the planet? I was just comparing Critics and User opinions which are so important to you and they are similar for LOL and GTS. And they are both Online games but obviously the market for a racing game is much smaller.
The only competitor to GTS right now iRacing which is targeting a more hardcore playerbase.

Seeing this is a thread about sales, and nowhere did i state the game is "bad". I'm Not debating how you feel or enjoy the game that would be pointless, but sales we have cold hard fact numbers. Nor am i trying to change an opinion you or someone else may have about how you like it.
GTS is a Online Game. Online games have a different business model. They are alreading giving a heavy discount on GTS here in europe and it's a good thing as it will increase the playerbase. A lot of people will realize that Online racing is not for them, but some are going to stay.
I had frustrating moments with GTS but I have also the most exiting racing moments in my life. Experiences you will NEVER have with any AI. Yesterday I was trailing about 3 seconds behind two cars for 3 rounds, but they were fighting among themselves constantly, giving me the chance to pass them both in the final corner. I won by a 0,1 second margin and it was just a battle for 11th place. Neither one of us was fast but we were evenly matched.
I love this game so much. I am old and I remember playing the original Outrun in the arcades. In the history of racing games GTS is one of the very best so far.

GTS is selling Playstation Plus memberships and that is what matters.

Last edited:
Did I say ever say that it was one of the most succesful games of the planet? I was just comparing Critics and User opinions which are so important to you and they are similar for LOL and GTS. And they are both Online games but obviously the market for a racing game is much smaller.
The only competitor to GTS right now iRacing which is targeting a more hardcore playerbase.

My bad read that wrong.

GTS is a Online Game. Online games have a different business model. They are alreading giving a heavy discount on GTS here in europe and it's a good thing as it will increase the playerbase. A lot of people will realize that Online racing is not for them, but some are going to stay.
GTS is selling Playstation Plus memberships and that is what matters.

Online games do, but GTS is still operating on regular console games business model. Hell they don't even have a seasons pass nor any announced plans for paid DLC or microtransactions. GTS is a pure console game as they come in that way, which tells me PDs design choices for this game are even more mind boggling.

PS Plus needs no help from GTS in selling memberships. It's already pulling over a billion in revenue a year.

I haven't a clue how you came up with GTS is there to sale Plus memberships.

PS Plus needs no help from GTS in selling memberships. It's already pulling over a billion in revenue a year.

I haven't a clue how you came up with GTS is there to sale Plus memberships.

Easy to answer because it sold me a membership. I have a PC, a PS4 pro and a XBox One (soon X). As a PC owner I am not used to pay for online gaming and I refused to pay for a membership. But I am willing to pay for the matchmaking of GTS. I don't have Xbox Gold because Forza multiplayer sucks right now.
I have a PS4 for all the exclusives like The last of us and Uncharted but GTS is the first game which sold me Plus.

The business has changed recently. You know that Blizzard has decided to give away Starcraft 2 for free because they think they will be able to sell DLC this way.

Last edited:
Easy to answer because it sold me a membership. I have a PC, a PS4 pro and a XBox One (soon X). As a PC owner I am not used to pay for online gaming and I refused to pay for a membership. But I am willing to pay for the matchmaking of GTS. I don't have Xbox Gold because Forza multiplayer sucks right now.
I have a PS4 for all the exclusives like The last of us and Uncharted but GTS is the first game which sold me Plus.

Dude you doing that proves little in the grand scheme of things now. Were 4 years into the generation, Plus is already a massive success. 26 million paying users.https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/23/ps...ly-active-users-ps-plus-subs-over-26-million/

And if they really wanted to hide a game behind the Plus paywall, a FPS would be the obvious choice.

Dude you doing that proves little in the grand scheme of things now. Were 4 years into the generation, Plus is already a massive success. 26 million paying users.https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/23/ps...ly-active-users-ps-plus-subs-over-26-million/

And if they really wanted to hide a game behind the Plus paywall, a FPS would be the obvious choice.
So how are going to bait the people who don't play FPS like me? I like racing, strategy and role playing games. Eventually most racing games will implement a similar System for online racing like iRacing and GTS and that's a good thing. But GTS will be the first which did target the masses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/13/playstation-4-sales-rise-to-60-point-4-million.html
Still the majority of PS4 owners don't have Plus and Sony has to cover different kind of customers. GTS sold me Plus that's a fact.

So how are going to bait the people who don't play FPS like me? I like racing, strategy and role playing games. Eventually most racing games will implement a similar System for online racing like iRacing and GTS and that's a good thing. But GTS will be the first which did target the masses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/13/playstation-4-sales-rise-to-60-point-4-million.html
Still the majority of PS4 owners don't have Plus.

They bait you with services and free games.

Iracing has what a PR announced sub count of 50,000. Even i can't believe PD and kaz are dumb enough to follow in the footsteps of that as their future path lol. And i especially don't see Sony being that foolish. Especially given Sony's strength is single player games.

Hell i Loved Zone of enders, first got 7s and was a add on with a MGS game. The second was a colossal sale failure. Now i loved it but i can also honestly state the franchise was a sales dud.

As far as GTS consider it mediocre, which by definition is the middle ground. Not positive not negative.

If it ain’t up to your expectations then stop playing it, and stop posting in here too..quite simple really.

If it ain’t up to your expectations then stop playing it, and stop posting in here too..quite simple really.

So this is a blind eco chamber of lets pat PD and Gt on their back no matter the failure ? Ever heard of constructive criticism. If it bother you dont read my posts don't letthem bother you or control your emotions better, quite simple really.

They bait you with services and free games.

Iracing has what a PR announced sub count of 50,000. Even i can't believe PD and kaz are dumb enough to follow in the footsteps of that as their future path lol. And i especially don't see Sony being that foolish. Especially given Sony's strength is single player games.
You still don't realize that the playerbase of GTS and iRacing is not the same. iRacing is much more Hardcore and unforgiving. You have to commit much more time into it. That's the reason why I am not playing iRacing.
GTS is so much more accessible and easy to learn. Everyone can become a online racer. If someone as devoid of talent as I can, anyone can.
And people who are playing iRacing will continue to do so. GTS will be too unrealistic and forgiving to them. Kaz and PD are not dumb but they can think ahead unlike you.
How many people are playing LOL, Dota 2, Pubg, Fortnite? The future of gaming is online.
Even if GTS turns out to be a financial failure , it would still be the first step into the right direction. The next Forza will have a sportsmanship rating. Mark my words.

Last edited:
So this is a blind eco chamber of lets pat PD and Gt on their back no matter the failure ? Ever heard of constructive criticism. If it bother you dont read my posts don't letthem bother you or control your emotions better, quite simple really.

My emotions are just fine, not sure why you’re posting in a forum of a game that displeased you..sadist maybe ?

Another GTS player that has never had a PSN + but have one now as a result of my experience playing the GTS demo and utilizing the + free two week trial.

If 50% of GTS purchasers add the plus subscription service for the on line racing even at the discounted yearly price then Sony can conceivably credit GTS and PD with another 50% added to their sales numbers as the yearly subscription price is the same as the game sells for.

At the end of the day all the money generated by GTS whether directly or indirectly still ends up in the Sony Corporations bank account.

One other thing that it seems that GTS has going for it is the customers it is attracting as it appears by the poll in other areas of this forum that the majority of the purchasers are over 30 years old and that is the customer base that does not generally get bored with a title in a week and as long as PD supports the game and adds content many of those older gamers will still be playing and still keeping their PSN Plus account active to race online.

Also I can see a possibility of paid content in the form of expansion packs down the road to keep the game fresh and the company adding content and most serious customers if the content is ample and the price is reasonable would rather pay a little along the way than have to invest in an entirely new game each year.

Computer gaming companies have used this business model for years with success and it appears that possibly with the content being mostly online and the hard drives within the consoles getting larger that perhaps Sony and PD has the intent in another way to more bridge the gap between consoles and computer.

I personally do not see all the doom and gloom concerning the Gran Turismo franchise but think they are possibly again with this new direction being the console pioneers and could well continue to be the motorsports game that in the future the other franchises will try to mimic.

I am sure when all is said and done GTS in the current market for console gaming will be considered a success.

The GT Sport section is full of people complaining and criticising the game. By the way, in case I have missed it, could you point out to where you offered constructive original feedback?

You're not a member of staff, you don't get to make that call.

Don't tell another member what they can post and where they can post it again.

My emotions are just fine, not sure why you’re posting in a forum of a game that displeased you..sadist maybe ?

Given that you have been a member for over two years I'm surprised that you haven't noticed that GT Planet is no longer limited to just Gran Turismo!

We allow free and open discussion of all racing titles, and much, much more. As such your statement makes no sense.

Still the majority of PS4 owners don't have Plus and Sony has to cover different kind of customers. GTS sold me Plus that's a fact.
It is a fact.

However in terms of what percentage gain of PS+ has GTS managed to bring in, its a useless one. A singular piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a trend, don't actually even come close to suggesting a trend even exists.

I've been quite happily racing and driving on-line for the time I've had PS+, which covers the entire PS4 lifespan, GTS would not have sold me PS+ had I not already had it. You see how a single piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a wider trend?

Last edited:
Given that you have been a member for over two years I'm surprised that you haven't noticed that GT Planet is no longer limited to just Gran Turismo!

We allow free and open discussion of all racing titles, and much, much more. As such your statement makes no sense.

Of course I’m aware of that, I’ve been posting in the Driveclub section for a while too, I was on about the guy posting in the GTSport section obviously

Of course I’m aware of that, I’ve been posting in the Driveclub section for a while too, I was on about the guy posting in the GTSport section obviously
No part of the AUP stops a member form doing so.

So once again, do not tell other members in which sections of the site they can and can't post.

Its not a point of debate, discussion or negotiation.

Don't expect an independent or AAA racing game to now come in house and outperform Sony's or Microsoft's cash cow, In this case it is sony.

There is a debate of which sim is most realistic between the GTS and AC/PC2 or a debate that GTS should be more like old GT or not. The Answer is GTS could have been any game it wanted to be. It could have been a sole sim only, out to put an end to competition with the other rival games by being a GT5/6 2.0. But no, GTS chose a path that would result in a win win situation, that is getting many people to play the game. Both GTS and Forza is an "everyones" game, not because the developers are too incompetent to concentrate solely on physics but because they are 1) restricted to console (exception of win10) and 2) chose the "everyone can play" sales path imo.

I guess this week, most people want to do more than just tune all day and run hot laps.
Some people come here to try and claim GTS is inferior to other sims by picking the game apart but the sales numbers says the otherwise. The sales numbers indicate more people are interested and playing this racer as opposed to other sims on the ps4; It does not surprise me because there is really no competition here.

Last edited:
Don't expect an independent or AAA racing game to ever come in house and outperform Sony's or Microsoft's cash cow, In this case it is sony.
I wasn't aware anyone did expect that.

There is a debate of which sim is most realistic between the GTS and AC/PC2......
Not really, that's ones quite clear cut.

....or a debate that GTS should be more like old GT or not.
Now that one is a debate, and given the sales numbers are lower than most other GT titles at this stage in the sales cycle its a very valid one.

The Answer is GTS could have been any game it wanted to be.
Maybe.

It could have been a sole sim only, out to put an end to competition with the other rival games by being a GT5/6 2.0.
Umm, GT5/6 were not sims in the regard I think you are referring to.

But no, GTS chose a path that would result in a win win situation, that is getting many people to play the game.
Its not a win for those who wanted a solid and in-depth single player career mode.
Its not a win for those who wanted to collect cars and modify them heavily.
We don't even know yet if its a win for Sony in terms of sales expectations and revenue forcast.

Both GTS and Forza is an "everyones" game, not because the developers are too incompetent to concentrate solely on physics but because they are 1) restricted to console (exception of win10) and 2) chose the "everyone can play" sales path imo.

I guess this week, most people want to do more than just tune all day and run hot laps.
Some people come here to try and claim GTS is inferior to other sims by picking the game apart but the sales numbers says the otherwise. The sales numbers indicate more people are interested and playing this racer as opposed to other sims on the ps4; It does not surprise me because there is really no competition here.
Sales numbers are not a measure of a products value as a sim.

Sales numbers are only an indication of how many its sold, nothing more and nothing less.

They don't tell us how many like a product, they don't tell us if the product has made money, or hit sales targets,etc.

However in terms of what percentage gain of PS+ has GTS managed to bring in, its a useless one. A singular piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a trend, don't actually even come close to suggesting a trend even exists.

I've been quite happily racing and driving on-line for the time I've had PS+, which covers the entire PS4 lifespan, GTS would not have sold me PS+ had I not already had it. You see how a single piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't prove a wider trend?

For the most part, ps4 exclusives are pro single player games. Personally, I think Naughty Dogg games are best for their single player content.
GTS is a vastly online ps4 exclusive which require a ps plus membership. More GTS sales does mean more Ps plus subscribers in addition to the multiplatform online gamers.

They don't tell us how many like a product,
likes on ps4 as of today

Pcars2 ---------------------4.5k

Gran Turismo Sport --67.4k

Considering coming in almost a month behind PCARs2, GTS is ahead of that sim on ps4 likes at about 17 to 1

Sales numbers are not a measure of a products value as a sim.

Sales numbers are only an indication of how many its sold, nothing more and nothing less.
No, it is not about value although it could be. I think you misunderstood;
and please make your argument clear if you have one.

The sales numbers tell more than how many sold. It tells what the majority of racers on the ps4 want. this means more than anything including your personal preferences because ones personal preferences does not represent the majority. Scaff I hope you finally realize this, and if these sales tells you nothing, lol, I think nothing will also tell you nothing.

Edit: Scaff Im not going to keep ranting back and forth with you on what you personally feel is not "right" (that is nonsense to me). for an example: you inquired about the "likes" in Gts playstation store. I gave you the factual answer but you still say it tells you nothing in attempt to refute in your comment below. Yes I'm quoting you but it is directed to anyone who wishes to read it. but these statements and facts about the majority ps4 users stand firm in my views.

Last edited:
For the most part, ps4 exclusives are single player games. Personally, I think Naughty Dogg games are best for their single player content.
Nope. For the most part they have large on-line components as well

Nor does it need to be first party titles to push up PS+ numbers, why not COD or FIFA?

GTS is a vastly online ps4 exclusive which require a ps plus membership. More GTS sales does mean more Ps plus subscribers in addition to the multiplatform online gamers.
I didn't say that no one would have done so (which is how you have chosen to read it, but that we have no direct numbers to tell us how large or widespread the trends was (fell free to provide them if you have them).

I actually used a singular example from each side of that view to show that a sole anecdotal example can't be used to extrapolate a trend in either direction.

As such stop quote mining my posts and attempting to attach meaning to them that they clearly do not have, its deeply missleading.

No, it is not about value although it could be. I think you misunderstood;
and please make your argument clear if you have one.
The points quite clear, sales volumes do not indicate a products quality.

Is a Ford Fiesta a better product than a Rolls Royce?

likes on ps4 as of today

Pcars2 ----------------4.5k
Unless GTS and PC2 were only sold digitally via PSN then i tells us nothing on its own.

Even then without total sales figures for both for sales on PSN its still tells us very, very little.

The sales numbers tell more than how many sold.
Nope. Other data would be needed to do that.

It tells what the majority of racers on the ps4 want.
No it doesn't. And to show other wise your going to need to prove that.

User activity in titles tells us far more about what people want from a title, as it lets us know exactly how they play it and to what degree.

I could just as easily argue that the initial sales figures being well below GT5, 4 and 3 indicate that its not what the majority of racers want. However I'm not daft enough to believe that sales figures alone can provide that information!

However you would first need to define 'racer' as that's going to vary from person to person.

this means more than anything including your personal preferences because ones personal preferences does not represent the majority. Scaff I hope you finally realize this.
Oh the deep seated irony.

I'm not the one quote mining people, presenting data that doesn't support the assumptions you have made and making unsupported claims.

Last edited:
Back