GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
Either Kaz or Sony, or both, it's clear there's lots of mismanagement going on. I'll give two examples of really lousy prioritizing on their part, which caused and will continue to cause unfulfilled announcements.

First, I think GT Sport shouldn't be developed right now. Kaz said multiple times that GT5 and GT6 couldn't be anywhere as good as they could have been, because of the PS3's limitations. That statement implies GT7 on the PS4 is going to blow our hats away, reviving the series. Problem is releasing the spin-off title GT Sport requires dedicating resources to that instead of all of them going to GT7, making GT7 be not as it as it could be in a time when that is absolutely needed. Well, or be released one year late. This will continue to be the case for years, since GT Sport requires constant updating for years to come.

Second, the focus on unnecessary things in GT5's and GT6's development cycle. Those games didn't need detailing the seats stitching in each car, nor modelling a whole city that no one cares about, but it needed improving the sounds. Hire less modelers, hire better sound engineers. Or you know, get the permits before modelling real life locations, otherwise it's tons of resources wasted on content that is not going to be a part of the game.

I've enjoyed reading some of these posts and especially this one.

I have no special knowledge, so this is just my thoughts, but I think Sony realised GT7 was too far behind schedule and asked Kaz what could he do to get something on the shelves in time for Christmas 2016 so Gran Turismo Sport is something that was going to be part of GT7, but is now a section of it released early to compete with Project Cars and Asetto Corsa. I am guessing at a schedule of spring 2016 for the GTS free download / beta and Autumn 2016 paid GTS to catch big sales Christmas 2016. GT7 presumably not until Christmas 2017.

There are a few problems with that page.

1) Just look at the box art, specifically the 7. The 7 is very pixelated and rough - in fact, you could argue that it's Standard. :lol:

2) The trailer shown uses a song from Shift 2: Unleashed; in fact, I think it's one of the (frankly excellent) menu remixes.

3) Alza is a virtually unknown site; in fact, I've never heard of it. Nor has anyone on Web of Trust, apparently. Therefore it stands to reason that they would do this as a marketing ploy and nothing else.

4) If GT7 were real, don't you think we'd have heard something from PD and/or Sony?

5) The box art uses this image of a LaFerrari.

So, yeah... I wouldn't trust that one bit.

Such small open secret was that in studies Polyphony Digital are already working on another sequel of the famous series Grand Turismo. The seventh episode has just become a confirmed reality and finally wheeling on PlayStation fourth icon This racing game is certainly present in absolutely perfect graphics that complement the renowned driving model.

Surely you can count on the continuation of GT Academy, which aims to search for talented virtual riders and their subsequent přesedlání into real-seaters.

Lol wut. I really hope that wasn't written by someone with English as a first language. I'm guessing not, since it has a Czech word randomly inserted.

They also have top reviews - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alzashop.com

But yeah, as fake as it gets.

There are a few problems with that page.

1) Just look at the box art, specifically the 7. The 7 is very pixelated and rough - in fact, you could argue that it's Standard. :lol:

2) The trailer shown uses a song from Shift 2: Unleashed; in fact, I think it's one of the (frankly excellent) menu remixes.

3) Alza is a virtually unknown site; in fact, I've never heard of it. Nor has anyone on Web of Trust, apparently. Therefore it stands to reason that they would do this as a marketing ploy and nothing else.

4) If GT7 were real, don't you think we'd have heard something from PD and/or Sony?

5) The box art uses this image of a LaFerrari.

So, yeah... I wouldn't trust that one bit.

Well, you don't know them. I buy there all the time. They are a Czech retailer that expanded to EU only shortly. They usually have correct information. Although trailer and picture are questionable, I have no reason to distrust the title and release date. Also many other products and their specs escape unintentionally through eshops before they're announced. Just found this by accident and posted just because of the fact, that no official release was announced yet. We'll see in time...

Lol wut. I really hope that wasn't written by someone with English as a first language. I'm guessing not, since it has a Czech word randomly inserted.

They also have top reviews - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alzashop.com

But yeah, as fake as it gets.

They use some automatic translations, so they're often horrible :)

I have no reason to distrust the title and release date

Well the title is of course real, we all know GT7 is coming eventually. The release date is definitely not though. Think about it, GT Sport hasn't even got a release date and that is coming first, how could GT7 possibly be out just a few months at most after GT Sport? You think they're going to market and release GT Sport for just 6 months, then move on to the next game?

Who knows. It's not even clear what GT Sport is going to be. I don't speculate on that. It's just curious that those guys seem to be confident enough to take pre-orders with a specific price and date for GT7. I just hope they're right and Sony will announce something soon as well.

Who knows. It's not even clear what GT Sport is going to be. I don't speculate on that. It's just curious that those guys seem to be confident enough to take pre-orders with a specific price and date for GT7. I just hope they're right and Sony will announce something soon as well.
You think it takes confidence from a retailer to take your money with no strings attached?

It's called a placeholder to earn pre-orders. All retailers do it to some degree and it's very common they do it with products that don't exist yet and in some cases, never come to exist. Anyone can predict GT7's existence and throw up some fan made content for a pre-order.

Sony aren't going to announce GT7 any time soon, they haven't even fully announced GT Sport!

It's just curious that those guys seem to be confident enough to take pre-orders with a specific price and date for GT7.

Have you heard the phrase "confidence trick"?

How about that bridge? You wanna buy? It's a real good 'un. I promise you'll be real happy with it. I'll give you a special price since you're a GTPlanet member.

Surely you can count on the GT Academy. Surely!

I wouldn't bank on that. And don't call me Shirley.

It was Darren Cox's idea. He's gone now. Who knows if anyone else at Nissan can be bothered to take on someone else's baby like that?

I (as many here on GTP) have found online retailers taking pre-orders for GT7 as far back as 2014. With a release date and all. Doesn't make it real.

I know this is a bit off topic and the wrong forum to post this in, but hear me out. I want opinions of people that actually play the GT series and not fanboys of other racing titles. I finally got a PS4 and need a racing fix.
First off is Assetto Corsa available for PS4? I saw it for sale on bestbuy.com, but I dint think it was coming to console until later on. Secondly if Assetto Corsa is actually available, what would be your choice between Pcars and Assetto Corsa and why? I am looking for the best option to hold me over until GT7 or GTsport or whatever they finally come out with for their next installment.
Thanks

@mjm23race Assetto Corsa isn't on PS4 yet, but later this year or so. If I was you, I'd just get both. Both are great games, really. If you'd like to try out pCars I could open up share play and let you test it and see if you like it. :)

I know this is a bit off topic and the wrong forum to post this in, but hear me out. I want opinions of people that actually play the GT series and not fanboys of other racing titles. I finally got a PS4 and need a racing fix.
First off is Assetto Corsa available for PS4? I saw it for sale on bestbuy.com, but I dint think it was coming to console until later on. Secondly if Assetto Corsa is actually available, what would be your choice between Pcars and Assetto Corsa and why? I am looking for the best option to hold me over until GT7 or GTsport or whatever they finally come out with for their next installment.
Thanks
Well neither one is a GT style game so there's that. No game economy you just race for the enjoyment of racing. IMO AC is a better driving experience with a wheel and PCARS is a more complete overall game.

Thanks
Two different car game:

The console racer: Forza and Gran Turismo
The full sim racer: PCars, AC, rFactor, Raceroom, etc.

Both categories has different terms and each game has shared similiar traits throughout said category.

@mjm23race Assetto Corsa isn't on PS4 yet, but later this year or so. If I was you, I'd just get both. Both are great games, really. If you'd like to try out pCars I could open up share play and let you test it and see if you like it. :)
Thanks! It's cheap enough that I'll give pcars a shot. Any add ons or anything worthwhile that I should look for?

Thanks! It's cheap enough that I'll give pcars a shot. Any add ons or anything worthwhile that I should look for?
Not really. It's up to you if you want the DLCs or not. Grab the free ones, and pay for the ones you want. I have all but the latest, but tbh not many people set their online lobbies so you can use them a lot. But as I said it's up to you. (The GT86 screams drifting but the game doesn't allow drifting as it doesn't have the physics for it. :lol: From what I've heard, they're implementing drifting and drag soon!)

The GT86 screams drifting but the game doesn't allow drifting as it doesn't have the physics for it. :lol:

Huh?

I'm pretty sure I've been drifting my Caterham down California Road, unless I was so drunk that I was imagining the whole thing.

@Imari Afaik drifting physics doesn't exist in the game yet, but sure, a controlled oversteering slide does happen from time to time. But not drifting-drifting :P

@Imari Afaik drifting physics doesn't exist in the game yet, but sure, a controlled oversteering slide does happen from time to time. But not drifting-drifting :P
There's no such thing as Drifting physics in any game. Everything is running under the same game physics and all have the same exact laws even if you're drifting, drag racing, circuit racing, or cruising.

It can be done, and it looks to be very difficult. I think the problem is the snappyness that the game has from going lock to lock.

Looks like brick though, to use a kind word. You clearly see the game doesn't work well for drifting yet, well done to the guys who do it though, but it doesn't look good. (Not the drifting itself. But how the game acts). It's hard for me to explain 100% what I mean. But I hope you understand. @ImaRobot

What do you mean drifting physics?

In the real world, drifting and driving happens with the same physics. I'm not a serious drifter so I wouldn't really know, but I've had no problem in game getting the car sideways and sliding through turns with the tyres smoking. It's not as natural or easy as in some other games, but it's not terrible either.

I don't really know what it is that you're looking for. Personally, I find it harder to drift in GT6 than I do in pCARS, although I think that has a lot to do with the FFB rather than physics.

Even if you find it difficult, I think it's not really correct to say that the game doesn't allow drifting any more than it is for me to say that GT6 doesn't allow it.

Looks like brick though, to use a kind word. You clearly see the game doesn't work well for drifting yet, well done to the guys who do it though, but it doesn't look good. (Not the drifting itself. But how the game acts). It's hard for me to explain 100% what I mean. But I hope you understand. @ImaRobot

I have no idea what on earth you're talking about.

You know what I don't have the energy right now to further explain what I mean, nor look it up. Kudos for the ones who drift well in pCars, now, back to thread topic before we get a warning. OK? :P

You know what I don't have the energy right now to further explain what I mean, nor look it up. Kudos for the ones who drift well in pCars, now, back to thread topic before we get a warning. OK? :P
What you meant to say was, "the physics of PCars makes drifting more difficult than it is in some other games", right:sly:?

Y-U-No-Original.jpg

No. I'm done trying to explain what I meant :P

Back