GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
There's no such thing as Drifting physics in any game. Everything is running under the same game physics and all have the same exact laws even if you're drifting, drag racing, circuit racing, or cruising.

I've been a little skeptical about that, drift modes sometimes feel like they have a different set of rules. Games I notice it the most in were Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. Could just be my imagination! But I'm not saying "drift physics" aren't present though.

I've been a little skeptical about that, drift modes sometimes feel like they have a different set of rules. Games I notice it the most in were Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. Could just be my imagination! But I'm not saying "drift physics" aren't present though.
While I neglected to say it, I was thinking more about games similar to GT, or Pcars for that matter. As for you mentioning GT5P, I haven't played it, but that's a bit odd if true.

While I neglected to say it, I was thinking more about games similar to GT, or Pcars for that matter. As for you mentioning GT5P, I haven't played it, but that's a bit odd if true.

No, some games have it.

GT5P had standard and professional physics. Neither was a drift mode, standard was akin to a toned down SRF mode.

NFS: Shift had an out and out drift mode, and it was pretty awful.
Original Gran Turismo had the option for drift or racing in arcade mode, even. I don't believe GT3 had it, I'm not sure if GT2 did.

Most simulation type games have a single physics mode that covers everything, but there are exceptions, especially amongst older games. Of the simulation games, Gran Turismo itself is the most prominent example of multiple physics modes. They have been included in the past, and SRF on is still arguably an entirely separate physics mode given that it completely changes how the cars and tyres behave beyond the limit of grip.

One could even call SRF a drift mode given that it (supposedly) works while the car is sliding, although I think that would be a little unfair as the intention is to reduce drifting rather than to encourage it.

No, some games have it.

GT5P had standard and professional physics. Neither was a drift mode, standard was akin to a toned down SRF mode.

NFS: Shift had an out and out drift mode, and it was pretty awful.
Original Gran Turismo had the option for drift or racing in arcade mode, even. I don't believe GT3 had it, I'm not sure if GT2 did.

Most simulation type games have a single physics mode that covers everything, but there are exceptions, especially amongst older games. Of the simulation games, Gran Turismo itself is the most prominent example of multiple physics modes. They have been included in the past, and SRF on is still arguably an entirely separate physics mode given that it completely changes how the cars and tyres behave beyond the limit of grip.

One could even call SRF a drift mode given that it (supposedly) works while the car is sliding, although I think that would be a little unfair as the intention is to reduce drifting rather than to encourage it.
While I realize some games have it, like NFS, I wasn't expecting a sim-oriented game to take that route as well. It just strikes me as a bit odd.

How would you tell?
The drift option felt like it has been slapped with the equivalent of comfort tires than the racing option's racing tires (or in normal cars, is sport tires) without any real changes in physics.

Previously this meant to be simplify the menu on the arcade mode, as the arcade mode on those games dont provide the "driving options" menu and their simulation mode are with the usual tire selection feature. Also noted that the "Racing or Drift" options are for arcade mode cars only, not from your garage.

Last edited:
I think what syntex means is simply the behaviour of the physics when you oversteer/drift, not seperate drift physics. It does seem quite bad watching that Rocket Bunny gameplay.

While I realize some games have it, like NFS, I wasn't expecting a sim-oriented game to take that route as well. It just strikes me as a bit odd.

It is odd.

Creating assists that modify the physics system instead of assists that modify inputs into the physics system remains a very odd way of doing it, for a simulation. Having multiple physics modes was even weirder.

Seems like a ripoff of Project CARS to be honest. It's just going to be a series racer. Stuck with nothing but real GT cars. Not like a normal GT where you have manufacturer vehicles and the ability to upgrade and customize them (limited customization, but customization non the less).

Seems like a ripoff of Project CARS to be honest. It's just going to be a series racer. Stuck with nothing but real GT cars. Not like a normal GT where you have manufacturer vehicles and the ability to upgrade and customize them (limited customization, but customization non the less).
So GT5 Prologue or GTHD is a ripoff of PCars? Oh wait.

If anyone wants to see Gran Turismo 7 soon, you'd be smart about this and just not purchase it.

Everybody is disappointed with this announcement yet 90% of you are still going to purchase it which in turn makes polyphony look at it as a success and makes them believe they did something right. If everyone doesn't purchase it and you all wait it shows that GT Sport is not the game we want, we want a GT game and not this money Booster crop they give us and then they have no choice but to work on the next GT. So if you want GT7 don't purchase GT Sport.

I think you should watch the reveal trailer again.
Alfa Romeo 4C
Lamborghini Veneno
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
Mazda Roadster
I don´t think there will be only GT cars

TXRD2 didn't change physics for drift mode or standard race mode.
If anyone wants to see Gran Turismo 7 soon, you'd be smart about this and just not purchase it.

Everybody is disappointed with this announcement yet 90% of you are still going to purchase it which in turn makes polyphony look at it as a success and makes them believe they did something right. If everyone doesn't purchase it and you all wait it shows that GT Sport is not the game we want, we want a GT game and not this money Booster crop they give us and then they have no choice but to work on the next GT. So if you want GT7 don't purchase GT Sport.
Yes, make them lose out on profit so they possibly can't make another game like how you want them to because of a reduced budget...

who is we?

So GT5 Prologue or GTHD is a ripoff of PCars? Oh wait.
Lol even prologue provided manufacturer vehicles and other features, GT5 prologue was actually a pretty good demo of GT5 granted they did charge us basically the cost of the full thing, GT Sport is basically Project CARS.

But even PCARS has production models but no one really drives them cuz the game was made for circuit series races just like GT Sport is gonna be

Lol even prologue provided manufacturer vehicles and other features, GT5 prologue was actually a pretty good demo of GT5 granted they did charge us basically the cost of the full thing, GT Sport is basically Project CARS.

But even PCARS has production models but no one really drives them cuz the game was made for circuit series races just like GT Sport is gonna be

& you have the proof to back up your words that GTS is somehow a ripoff of Project lawsuit incoming?

TXRD2 didn't change physics for drift mode or standard race mode.

Yes, make them lose out on profit so they possibly can't make another game like how you want them to because of a reduced budget...
Lol polyphony doesn't need the money. Do you really think with the amount of sales they made between gt5 and 6 they really need the money for gt7? They do it for Pocket change. Just like any other big company. Plus not too mention, 50% of gt7 is basically done. They're just going to convert most of the cars and tracks, update them slightly and then add whatever new stuff want to add.

Last edited:
Gran turismo fans, those of us that want to see an actual version of GT and not just a pocket change boost.

I agree with you on this but you speak only for yourself. Not for anyone else.

Not a literal ripoff as in lawsuit, but as in just like pcars, it will be basically the same game just GT version of it

Actually I meant that SMS posted on their website that the Indy 500 would be in ProCars without realising that makes it legally binding. When they don't deliver it they will be in legal trouble.

Im a GT fan to but im not saying its a PC ripoff...
Did I say that is what you said? All I'm saying is its a series racer restricted to actual race spec cars where you race and compete in a series just like project cars. Most of us would like polyphony to keep their word and produce GT7 and not go off course.

I agree with you on this but you speak only for yourself. Not for anyone else.

Actually I meant that SMS posted on their website that the Indy 500 would be in ProCars without realising that makes it legally binding. When they don't deliver it they will be in legal trouble.
I realize I speak for myself. But I'm also speaking for all the people I currently talk to from gt6 who currently don't post on here or have an acc on GT planet. Occasionally me an many others who are currently on PS4 like to get together and chat about different games and we are all on the same page as far as the direction we see polyphony heading and what should actually be happening

Did I say that is what you said? All I'm saying is its a series racer restricted to actual race spec cars where you race and compete in a series just like project cars. Most of us would like polyphony to keep their word and produce GT7 and not go off course.
Like i said before
I think you should watch the reveal trailer again.
Alfa Romeo 4C
Lamborghini Veneno
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
Mazda Roadster
I don´t think there will be only GT cars

Like i said before
I'd be willing to bet that the upgrade features and such of cars will be gone so a majority of people will only be racing GT Cars because that's usually what a majority of people go to while a small percentage of the community will race the stock manufacturer vehicles. And if enough people purchase the game, from a financial perspective it would be smart of PD to say "hey, so we've seen that a lot of you purchased the game so you must like it, now here is DLC " and they will drag GT SPORT out as long as possible until the community starts to complain and demanding GT7

Latest Posts

Back