GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
If the Beta is early-ish 2016 then the full release should be mid/late 2016 leaving us waiting until at least 2017 for a proper GT7. Grrr.

GT Sport initially seemed like something capable of being a refreshing GT7. I don't have high hopes after reading today's news. GT6's lifespan has been one expanding question mark for me, so I'm skeptical about Polyphony Digital digging into complexities away from the main series.

Last edited:
^ with more content.

Well that remains to be seen. So far we've seen what, 8 cars and two tracks? Obviously that isn't everything, but how much content this game has is still totally up in the air. It could be 300 select cars, it could be the usual 1200. We don't know.

I don't think he says GTS is not GT7. From what I understand it's a full GT game that will get upgrades over the time and more on-line focused.
But maybe it's really a spin-off. Just not enough information for now.

I'll pull my post from another thread (prior to this Jim Ryan excerpt):

Basic branding issue.
If they plan to abandon numbering, they can't say "This is Gran Turismo 7, really!" when the name is "Gran Turismo Sport", if they did that, it would be simpler to just name it "Gran Turismo 7" or ugh, "Gran Turismo 7: Sport".

So it's proper that they just say it is the 'next Gran Turismo' which it is! regardless if it is the "7th" or "the 1st" of a new series attached to the parent brand "Gran Turismo".

It may be unclear now, but they still have many months to develop and communicate this new brand and its scope.

We have the FIA Championship homologation in 2 days that should reveal some more tidbits (at least about the championship regulations and "esport" structure), and then SEMA GT Awards should offer the opportunity for specialized (automobilism) media to interview Kaz and maybe a presence at PSX in december.

Here we go with a longer departure to GT7. I guess our hype is delayed but moved onto another train.

trainwreck.jpg

7753f36b54756fcbab32489b11a87592.jpg

Ok trailer did nothing for me. A few nice looking cars and a load of sweet fa's. Looks to me like another Prologue with a fancy 'Sport' moniker for marketing purposes. Glad Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo and Assetto Corsa are coming early next year because they look far more exciting. Especially when they said it would be focused on online racing.
Didn't it take more than 3 years after Prologue for GT5 to come out? Get yer heads down guys- we could be waiting until 2019 for GT7

Why are people focusing on GT7? How are you guys already trying to skip over GT Sport when it was just announced yesterday? :lol: Why don't we all wait and see what GT Sport brings to the table first before we make assumptions about anything GT7 related.

I don't think anyone is trying to skip over anything at this point. Many people were expecting GT7 as the next game until a few hours ago, just like most people did before GT Sport was officially announced yesterday. I suppose GT Sport hasn't done enough to identify itself as a worthy "bump" on the road toward GT7. Good for those of you taking the optimistic and patient stance.

Theres always this sense of fake outrage going on in some of these threads. Its like "omg this sony guy said its not gt7, but he be lying because gt6 dlc every month was a lie!" but then you get "it should be gt7 because weve waited forevah!!, but man the graphics are terrible I'm 'disappoint'".

One trailer, first bit of info and here we go with lynching some of these guys because they gave you some information on gt6 that didnt pan out. Im ok with objectivity, its natural. But the game was just announced and theres only a few concrete details. Lets see how it unfolds, guys. And be honest! Some here have this slanted stance on anything GT related. Theres nothing but critical speak from you guys. You know who you are, no reason to name names. Fir the sake of keeping it peaceful, Im asking everyone to just give the developer and those involved a chance to get the ball rolling before we try to kick it.

Theres always this sense of fake outrage going on in some of these threads. Its like "omg this sony guy said its not gt7, but he be lying because gt6 dlc every month was a lie!" but then you get "it should be gt7 because weve waited forevah!!, but man the graphics are terrible I'm 'disappoint'".

One trailer, first bit of info and here we go with lynching some of these guys because they gave you some information on gt6 that didnt pan out. Im ok with objectivity, its natural. But the game was just announced and theres only a few concrete details. Lets see how it unfolds, guys. And be honest! Some here have this slanted stance on anything GT related. Theres nothing but critical speak from you guys. You know who you are, no reason to name names. Fir the sake of keeping it peaceful, Im asking everyone to just give the developer and those involved a chance to get the ball rolling before we try to kick it.

Must say that while I agree that some people do deliberately try to put anything GT related down, I'm not one of them. I was a huge GT fan when the original came out 18 years ago and up until GT4. Unfortunately GT5 and GT6 were disappointing for me. I mean, mixing standards and premiums. Come on, PD! What other racing games do that? Or releasing a Prologue and charging top dollar? Sometimes I just think they're stuck in a 1990's time warp and don't realise that the world has moved on.

Been thinking about this here's some ideas that will make GTSport not the letdown I'm suspecting.

-Have a structured offline mode, not like a proper GT mode of course but something a-kin to Driveclub or PCARS, for example a Mazda Miata cup where you customize your MX-5 and race with it, you get rewarded with XP and credits

- Have a decent amount of cars and tracks, GT5P did have a reasonable amount of cars, but the track count won't do for me.

- Have somewhat of a decent tuning system

-PSVR support

- New AI, Sounds, Physics, Damage model.

- No standard cars.

- Seasonal events.

If this comes true then I think GTSport might be a return to form, but a slightly more beefy Prolouge for GT7 is a proper letdown in my opinion.

This! I know we are going to get a game with a deep online basis, but on the other hand I do expect the minimal offline structure. A certain number of events/cups and even a seasonal event portion for example.

I think GTS has as one of its purposes to keep the name of the franchise alive. It will serve as a prologue (in my opinion) for the seventh.

Another topic, what is it nowadays that almost every game must have this idea to connect people online? Build a community? That's the idea I got from the trailer. But not every player is totally keen to play online all the time. I hope PD realizes that and show something for the offline players as well.

Well that remains to be seen. So far we've seen what, 8 cars and two tracks? Obviously that isn't everything, but how much content this game has is still totally up in the air. It could be 300 select cars, it could be the usual 1200. We don't know.
That's what a teaser look like, highly doubt we get that little content. Especially since it says we can represent our favourite manufacturer. How is that possible with less than ten cars? Also, how fun is a possibly year long championship on only two tracks?
I expect as you say ~300 cars and at least ten tracks with some variations on some/most tracks. A game with almost no content is a demo. GT Sport is more than that.

This! I know we are going to get a game with a deep online basis, but on the other hand I do expect the minimal offline structure. A certain number of events/cups and even a seasonal event portion for example.

I think GTS has as one of its purposes to keep the name of the franchise alive. It will serve as a prologue (in my opinion) for the seventh.

Another topic, what is it nowadays that almost every game must have this idea to connect people online? Build a community? That's the idea I got from the trailer. But not every player is totally keen to play online all the time. I hope PD realizes that and show something for the offline players as well.

Yeah I am one of those that really isn't interested in online racing (unless they are maybe time trials) Just a lone wolf that prefers his own company lol.

I thought Kaz said there wasn't going to be another prologue type game. Straight to GT7.
I'm confused.

Basically, we aren't getting a "GT7P". What we're getting is a GT game that isn't one of the main releases (Like Forza Horison)

Considering its going to have manufacturer and country championships, I would think the track list and Car list will be much bigger, otherwise having only 8 cars and 2 tracks would be hilariously half-assed for a FIA-Santioned E-sports game.

Also, welcome back :)

Well said man. I for one am pretty happy that PD is actually planning on releasing SOMETHING for next gen. Sure, we don't know too much detail regarding the next (spinoff?) title. The fact that PD is making some type of beta/spinoff to occupy the consumer, tells me that PD is trying for something huge. (Although I could be wrong) All in all, like @trustjab said, let's wait and see what GT Sport has to offer before you guys start getting on PD's ass.

I've always disliked the idea of every game should have always-online only. IMO it's just stupid. And knowing PD, they'll probably focus more things that isn't fan-related...

Other than that, it would be silly not to have a offline mode for a spin-off game.

Yeah I am one of those that really isn't interested in online racing (unless they are maybe time trials) Just a lone wolf that prefers his own company lol.

Glad to know I'm not the only one from this kind of player.

I've always disliked the idea of every game should have always-online only. IMO it's just stupid. And knowing PD, they'll probably focus more things that isn't fan-related...

Other than that, it would be silly not to have a offline mode for a spin-off game.

Let's hope PD realizes how silly it would be to not have an offline portion in GTS. Couldn't agree more with ur point.

(Although I could be wrong) All in all, like @trustjab said, let's wait and see what GT Sport has to offer before you guys start getting on PD's ass.
Why do people whine about this? Asking people to stop making comments on one side of a discussion is like asking the sun to not come up tomorrow. It's not going to happen. People are disappointed, especially from the last couple of years, so distrust and suspicion is completely natural at this point for many gamers. As long as everyone follows the AUP, who cares? Let people make the comments they want to make, and if PD delivers big then everyone will be extremely happy on both sides of the aisle.

Why do people whine about this? Asking people to stop making comments on one side of a discussion is like asking the sun to not come up tomorrow. It's not going to happen. People are disappointed, especially from the last couple of years, so distrust and suspicion is completely natural at this point for many gamers. As long as everyone follows the AUP, who cares? Let people make the comments they want to make, and if PD delivers big then everyone will be extremely happy on both sides of the aisle.

That would be the case if the game released. I'm disappointed too with GT6 and how PD has been treating their audience, but people saying they're disappointed, or not impressed by a game that hasn't even been released? I don't understand that.. We haven't even seen really anything from GT Sport BUT that trailer. There was so little revealed I'm as puzzled to what people are so "Disappointed" about. That there weren't enough cars in the trailer? That the trailer wasn't glitter and gold with amazing "jump out your seat" graphics like PD usually makes them? I'm not disappointed or impressed. I'm simply just anticipating the release of the game and seeing what it has to offer. Bottom line, people are trying to do a book report on a book that has no pages inside the cover and I just don't understand why. (Sorry for the lackluster analogy)

Also, to reiterate when you said,

Let people make the comments they want to make, and if PD delivers big then everyone will be extremely happy on both sides of the aisle.

I disagree with this, people will never be pleased with PD. People will always find something to complain and gripe about. PD could give everyone on GTP a new car and $400 with the purchase of their game and some people will STILL find a way to complain about it.

Back