GT Sport Is Not GT7.

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 363 comments
Isn't Jim Ryan the same guy that promised us monthly DLC tracks for GT6? As with everything else PD, if it doesn't come out of Kaz's mouth, take it with a grain of salt...and even then...

Hm, so it was Jim Ryan after all... Time to take what he says with even more salt.

No, the monthly track DLC phrase came from Taku Imasaki.

Pretty sure it was also mentioned by Kaz himself during the original GT6 announcement event too, but I'm unable to actually check.

Its like when you think you've found your dream girl ("the one"), going on a date and then discovering that she is very immature and not at all what you expected her to be.

I was so exited about this game yesterday. The more I learned, the more it sounded like GT Sport was a full scale GT release only under a different name. I found myself no longer jealous of my friends who own Xbox One's who have had 2 full scale Forza releases and a Forza Horizon game to go along with it. Today, I wake up to find that GT Sport is really just a bigger Prologue game with a deep online mode and IFA ties. Will I buy it? Probably, but not for $60.

So once again we have to wonder, where is the real GT7? How long do we have to wait now? When PD said Gran Turismo is coming to the PS4 before 2017 did they mean this game or were they talking about the full GT7? I understand why PD had to do this. The racing simulation genre is growing fast and PD needed something to make people remember the Gran Turismo brand (especially after the bad sales of GT6) but I think I would still rather them work on the real GT7 than put time and resources into this smaller project.

Apparently GT Sport will be releasing this spring so perhaps we can still get a real GT7 showing at E3 and a release in holiday 2016. At this point, I am once again jealous of my friends who are playing Forza 6 right now. I know that when GT7 comes out it will most likely be much better than Forza 6 but at least the Forza games tend to come out on a regular schedule.

Its like when you think you've found your dream girl ("the one"), going on a date and then discovering that she is very immature and not at all what you expected her to be.

I was so exited about this game yesterday. The more I learned, the more it sounded like GT Sport was a full scale GT release only under a different name. I found myself no longer jealous of my friends who own Xbox One's who have had 2 full scale Forza releases and a Forza Horizon game to go along with it. Today, I wake up to find that GT Sport is really just a bigger Prologue game with a deep online mode and IFA ties. Will I buy it? Probably, but not for $60.

So once again we have to wonder, where is the real GT7? How long do we have to wait now? When PD said Gran Turismo is coming to the PS4 before 2017 did they mean this game or were they talking about the full GT7? I understand why PD had to do this. The racing simulation genre is growing fast and PD needed something to make people remember the Gran Turismo brand (especially after the bad sales of GT6) but I think I would still rather them work on the real GT7 than put time and resources into this smaller project.

Apparently GT Sport will be releasing this spring so perhaps we can still get a real GT7 showing at E3 and a release in holiday 2016. At this point, I am once again jealous of my friends who are playing Forza 6 right now. I know that when GT7 comes out it will most likely be much better than Forza 6 but at least the Forza games tend to come out on a regular schedule.
Dont be jealous of Forza 6 and pick up PCARS for your PS4 which is far superior.

Isn't Jim Ryan the same guy that promised us monthly DLC tracks for GT6? As with everything else PD, if it doesn't come out of Kaz's mouth, take it with a grain of salt...and even then...
Yo, miss translation. You can claim anything then not deliver and pass it off with "miss translation". Great how that works.

Seeing that video again it's amazing how differently the new game has been launched. That was the very first showing of GT6 and it gave away a ton of info, this time they've said next to nothing with no big blowout of info on the website either.

Perhaps on purpose to avoid them saying things they can't deliver on this time? I mean if they'd said in that initial launch that course maker would not be coming until late 2015 and only available to tablets I imagine things would have been a lot different.

I mean compare this:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5090655.html

To this:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html?t=gt6

Worlds apart. The product page for GTS is just full of marketing talk and very vague details.

Last edited:
So this iteration of GT can be seen as a "spin-off" of the GT series. I like the idea and this obviously lays the groundwork for GT7.

Since when has anything coming from Kaz turned out not to be outright lies or overly ambitious?

Seeing that video again it's amazing how differently the new game has been launched. That was the very first showing of GT6 and it gave away a ton of info, this time they've said next to nothing with no big blowout of info on the website either.

Perhaps on purpose to avoid them saying things they can't deliver on this time? I mean if they'd said in that initial launch that course maker would not be coming until late 2015 and only available to tablets I imagine things would have been a lot different.

I mean compare this:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5090655.html

To this:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1910783.html?t=gt6

Worlds apart. The product page for GTS is just full of marketing talk and very vague details.
Eyyy, you're back! :cheers:

Last edited:
To be fair, that could mean this is a reboot rather than following the formula of the first six games. Too little information at this point.

I'm keeping my expectations in check at any rate.

Forza 5 wasn't exactly "full scale". Many cars and tracks from 4 were cut, and few added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't these subforums be split out now into GT Sport and GT7? Though I see how that may be a bit of a headache for Jordan or the mods, as some threads now apply to GTS, and some to GT7...

Shouldn't these subforums be split out now into GT Sport and GT7? Though I see how that may be a bit of a headache for Jordan or the mods, as some threads now apply to GTS, and some to GT7...

Well I don't see a need for a GT7 forum, we don't know anything about it. Anything we thought was coming to GT7 could well now be coming to GTS. We can only really talk about the next confirmed game, which is GTS.

I agree with you on a personal level, I wasn't very interested in talking about GT7 until more info is released, but a lot of other people will still want to talk about it, especially as we (slooowly!) get more GTS info and realise what is "missing" in terms of content. If you look at a lot of the GT7 threads, you can already see that some aren't really gonna apply to GTS.

I cant believe they made another Prologue.

Oh well, once we see actual gameplay the sound, graphics, damage, physics etc may make it worth a look. Holding my breath would be considered attempted suicide though.

Yeah or GTHD mixed with GT Academy (when it was a separate thing), but the latter being a little more ambitious now. The timing and its separation from GT7 may also be connected to the ratification by the FIA, perhaps there is a certain window they ideally need to do this in.

Back