GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see a few open wheelers that we can use that livery editor on, PD really should have some in the game with GT Sport having a focus on high-level motorsport.

We need some FGTs back in the game. No open wheel racing is surprising.

Hopefully, with DLC, they can just add like 1 or 2 generic models like they did before. Same with stock cars. The power of the livery editor and enhanced tuning function would make the grid feel very unique.

I actually never used the FGT or any Nascar vehicles on GT5/6, but the fact that I could slap my custom livery on it, would motivate me to participate in those kinds of events. Weird that something as simple as a livery editor makes me want to try a new race discipline.

I presume PD lost the NASCAR license when Forza gained it.

However, what's stopping them from making "JASCAR" cars? Toyota Crown, Honda Legend, Nissan Skyline bodied cars on the same chassis as the Gen 6 NASCAR stock cars, utilizing the same physics, power, and aero numbers. Some Bridgestone branded slicks and good to go!

I'd love to see some Japanese sedans turned into Gen 6 style NASCAR cars.

Serious? Did MS buy exclusivity like they did with Top Gear?
wouldn't surprise me, companies nowadays love to get exclusivity so people will flock to their brand more than others. Very few companies nowadays actually care about allowing things to be spread across a genre. Look at EA for example, they refused to let Porsche go out unless they were payed a good bit of money so they could appear in other games. Thankfully Porsche got fed up with it and wouldn't renew that contract.

wouldn't surprise me, companies nowadays love to get exclusivity so people will flock to their brand more than others. Very few companies nowadays actually care about allowing things to be spread across a genre. Look at EA for example, they refused to let Porsche go out unless they were payed a good bit of money so they could appear in other games. Thankfully Porsche got fed up with it and wouldn't renew that contract.
EA, from what I can tell, is the only company that worked like that. I don't believe Forza locks people out of anything from what I remember. They did have timed exclusivity with the Ford GT I believe, but that's the only one I can think of.

EA, from what I can tell, is the only company that worked like that. I don't believe Forza locks people out of anything from what I remember. They did have timed exclusivity with the Ford GT I believe, but that's the only one I can think of.
They had timed exclusivity on all new Ford vehicles I believe for at least two years was the deal, but thankfully they didn't opt out to just say "nyaaah only we can have Ford, **** you everyone else, we have more money"

Serious? Did MS buy exclusivity like they did with Top Gear?

Nope (or at least, there's no actual evidence of it). Certain folks like to peddle the idea that the Top Gear license was a Forza exclusive deal, though. Considering the deal kicked off in 2009 — a year before GT5 featured Top Gear content — that seems unlikely. T10 also doesn't have an exclusive license for NASCAR. The NASCAR Heat games should make that clear. As others have said, T10 has seemingly had a few timed exclusives (Ford GT, Lambo Centenario), but its hardly alone there. See the McLaren 720S in PCARS2.

The NASCAR and WRC licenses were squandered in the PS3-era GT games, so I can't say I'm surprised by their absence. Though with the ovals in GT Sport, it's a little sad to not see NASCAR vehicles, especially since a livery editor would make them a lot more fun IMO.

How are we supposed to do without coordinates? I'm not an expert but when I play with the livery editor in Forza, it's an important feature to me.

Another point : can we put vinyls on windows? So far, the windshield banner option seems limited to Gran Turismo banners.

How are we supposed to do without coordinates? I'm not an expert but when I play with the livery editor in Forza, it's an important feature to me.

Another point : can we put vinyls on windows? So far, the wind-shield banner option seems limited to Gran Turismo banners.

The only option I see (and wouldn't be bad imo) would be something like "smart-guides". Something like what Adobe implemented with CS5 or 6, at least in Ai it appeared in one of those versions.

So, we could avoid manual guides because the software would automatically set some guides as soon as you would put a first element. For instance, if you would create a set of 3 circles, after the first 2, the third would be "pushed" to the right place, making the distance between it and the 2nd circle the same as between the 2nd and the first. Without you needing to set up rulers and manual guides. (Quite weird to explain but really easy once you see it or try it out).

In GTS, I'd imagine a few smart guides set by default:
- centre of the car, centre of the bonnet, door, spoiler, etc;
- 3/4 points in all those places too;
- and new smart guides once you put a random element in a random place. For example, a logo on a random place on the door, on the other side of the car would be a few "smart guides" (centre, top, bottom and side limits) so when you would place a different element, it would be "pushed" into the right place.

Of course this is easier said than done. But it could work...

Coordinates maybe are easier to code but IMO, don't work as intuitively as "smart guides".

Last edited:
Considering the deal kicked off in 2009 — a year before GT5 featured Top Gear content

Its possible the GT5 deal happened before. All association being stopped while Forza newly introduced their partnership/track does not seem like a coincidence.

T10 has seemingly had a few timed exclusives (Ford GT, Lambo Centenario), but its hardly alone there. See the McLaren 720S in PCARS2.

Hahaha, they got time exclusives on cars.....thats just pathetic. Lmao at the people doing these deals thinking they make a difference.

Its possible the GT5 deal happened before. All association being stopped while Forza newly introduced their partnership/track does not seem like a coincidence.

Again, no actual evidence of it. Which ties neatly into the next bit...

Hahaha, they got time exclusives on cars.....thats just pathetic. Lmao at the people doing these deals thinking they make a difference.

You missed the word "seemingly". On a similar note, the Nismo GT-R road car and GT-R LM race car also seemed to be timed exclusives for GT6. Is that pathetic too?

And, to actually keep this on-topic: the GT-R LM should be an interesting one to paint, given its... unique shape.

Again, no actual evidence of it. Which ties neatly into the next bit...

You missed the word "seemingly". On a similar note, the Nismo GT-R road car and GT-R LM race car also seemed to be timed exclusives for GT6. Is that pathetic too?

And, to actually keep this on-topic: the GT-R LM should be an interesting one to paint, given its... unique shape.
There are sometime time exclusive deals
Like the BMW M2 for NFS, was a timed exclusive
But not sure about Nascar, or Top gear

I'm really liking what I've seen so far. Hopefully this will get T10 to finally bring their editor to the next level.

But not sure about Nascar, or Top gear

NASCAR stated after their EA deal expired that they won't be doing any more exclusive deals. No clue how BBC does the Top Gear license.

A quarter of GT Sport's car list are Batmobiles that much adoo is made about exclusivity for by the various companies' marketing departments but few seem to actually care about.

When the cars are designed and in fact named after the game, I reckon that is fair game. Real life exclusive cars is bs.

I presume PD lost the NASCAR license when Forza gained it.

However, what's stopping them from making "JASCAR" cars? Toyota Crown, Honda Legend, Nissan Skyline bodied cars on the same chassis as the Gen 6 NASCAR stock cars, utilizing the same physics, power, and aero numbers. Some Bridgestone branded slicks and good to go!

I'd love to see some Japanese sedans turned into Gen 6 style NASCAR cars.

Fine by me, the further away I am from Nascar, the better :yuck:

Jerome

I'm really intrigued as to how this 'custom decal' works - how it's done (web, USB stick, GT app), what formats it allows, how it's rendered in-game, what is censored and how...

Seems as though it will be very hard to avoid someone covering a car with cocks at some point... Or Forza logos or whatever.

Oh I didn't mean it disparagingly - I meant it as in: 'some people will always try and be a bit cheeky', you know?

But yeah, it did read like that - sorry!
Why would it be cheeky? It was nice seeing all the RM's recreated in Forza, as well as things like the Stealth cars. Made for a bit of nostalgia and was widely accepted and wanted.

Why would it be cheeky? It was nice seeing all the RM's recreated in Forza, as well as things like the Stealth cars. Made for a bit of nostalgia and was widely accepted and wanted.
Exactly. Plus, in my own experience, many of my cars I've made on Forza typically have the GT logo or website link somewhere plastered or just blatantly obvious on it (examples below). So with the amount of people who love replicas or just to make fun liveries, there will be plenty of Forza liveries showing up on GTS :)

DRR GTD 06.jpg
ORA GTLM 01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back