GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of a way you could possibly bypass this. Anyone here remember the paint booth from NASCAR 09?

In that, you could upload you paint schemes to you EA locker and then in game, download them straight into the game. Maybe with the profiles we have like with GT6 (where we log in from either the console OR the computer) and utilizing that same method, that's the way we could import custom decals. That way in game, they are already there and ready to use.

I can't see why PD can't allow the game to import images. Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer allows PS4 users to import PNG/Jpeg or TIF files to customize team kits and player faces. There are whole edit files made by teams of fans who create all the kits and things in Photoshop, then save to a USB and import into that game. Whether that's some kind of in-game app, created by the PES devs, or whatever, it still is a thing that works just fine. PD should also do this. Of course, they won't though. It's PD.

I can't see why PD can't allow the game to import images. Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer allows PS4 users to import PNG/Jpeg or TIF files to customize team kits and player faces. There are whole edit files made by teams of fans who create all the kits and things in Photoshop, then save to a USB and import into that game. Whether that's some kind of in-game app, created by the PES devs, or whatever, it still is a thing that works just fine. PD should also do this. Of course, they won't though. It's PD.

IIRC we will get the option to create custom decals, which from my understanding means importing images.

Maybe something like this :) rBVaGFXJqEyAPP-yAAF9Z5bu8is176.jpg

IIRC we will get the option to create custom decals, which from my understanding means importing images.

Eh, I can create custom shape groups in Forza, but can't import images.

If we can import images—and I'm doubting we'll be able to—I'd guess it'll be tied to the PS Camera, a la LittleBigPlanet.

Eh, I can create custom shape groups in Forza, but can't import images.

If we can import images—and I'm doubting we'll be able to—I'd guess it'll be tied to the PS Camera, a la LittleBigPlanet.

Is it flexible enough to literally create anything? the only hurdle I can see causing issues with the whole import images feature is that people will import NSFW stuff which affects the rating of the game.

Is it flexible enough to literally create anything?

If you have the patience, yes. That's for making a livery you want to share, though. If you're just looking to create one for personal use, you can download any custom groups already shared within the game by the rest of the community.

It's not a perfect system: the current setup makes it hard to do collaborative designs. But there's essentially no limitations, as I've seen quite realistic photo recreations on the sides of cars, if you're into that.

the only hurdle I can see causing issues with the whole import images feature is that people will import NSFW stuff which affects the rating of the game.

It won't affect the rating any more than online play currently does. A simple report function can also solve most of the NSFW content issues. In all my time playing Forza online, I think I've seen a handful of offensive designs to download, and even less in rooms against me.

View attachment 620532
I seriously hope I don't have to buy a BBS decal. Then, buy the colour I wish to change it to.
I fear your hopes will be dashed. ;)
Although an extra purchase just for a particular colour may be a step too far, but it is of course a possibility.

But I see decals being part of the in-game economy.
With credits, car packs, helmets, and livery stickers forming the incentives for pre-orders, and having been required to purchase things like race suits and helmets before, it seems to me that purchasing livery decals will certainly be how it plays out.

This is Polyphony "paint chips and collectible horns" Digital we're talking about. Their livery editor is almost guaranteed to have some annoying, quirky ideas in it. There is no way it'll be as open and straight forward as Forza, it'll have a garnish of PD-ness somewhere.

This is Polyphony "paint chips and collectible horns" Digital we're talking about. Their livery editor is almost guaranteed to have some annoying, quirky ideas in it. There is no way it'll be as open and straight forward as Forza, it'll have a garnish of PD-ness somewhere.

I can imagine doing a hard race, achieving gold to win a sticker.

@SlipZtrEm Oh interesting, which editor do you prefer more, the forza one or the NFS one?

I stopped using the NFS one before Ghost improved it, so Forza without a doubt. NFS eventually got coordinates, which is a bare minimum IMO for livery creation. I found Forza's easier to come to grips with (and it offered more shapes), but there were a few advantages to NFS': notably, you could bleed designs onto the windows, and I believe the side mirrors and even wheels were available as canvases too.

NFS' also let you change the material of each vinyl shape. Forza will let you do that with the base paint, but not with shapes.

You do know that they gave in to people that complain about the single-use nature of paint chips in GT5 (after the paint chip DLCs) and make them permanent in GT6? :rolleyes:

And?

You do know that they gave in to people that complain about the single-use nature of paint chips in GT5 (after the paint chip DLCs) and make them permanent in GT6? :rolleyes:
Just a little comic relief.

Copied this pic from a GT2 thread.

What happened PD? You were all so good. So much tin top variety in this one pic
gt2rmods.jpg

Anyone else looking to recreate those liveries from GT1 and GT2 when GTS comes out? ;) I sure will!

yasid-oozeear-gt2020-nissan-calsonic.jpg

I must've posted this photo a lot but I don't care. I love this photo. This is the first thing I'll recreate.

Anyone else looking to recreate those liveries from GT1 and GT2 when GTS comes out? ;) I sure will!

yasid-oozeear-gt2020-nissan-calsonic.jpg

I must've posted this photo a lot but I don't care. I love this photo. This is the first thing I'll recreate.
I'd be mighty surprised if something like that was possible in GTS. My guess is you'll get a limited number of stickers from approved and licensed sponsors along with options for striping and other paint effects.

I'd be mighty surprised if something like that was possible in GTS. My guess is you'll get a limited number of stickers from approved and licensed sponsors along with options for striping and other paint effects.

To be honest you'd be surprised what you could do with a limited amount of resources in a livery editor with just a few basic shapes and what not. But of course a more complex system with a decent amount of options would be preferred.

I'd be mighty surprised if something like that isn't possible in GTS.
Gran Turismo Sport is equipped with a “Livery Editor” that enables players to customize the livery or their vehicles, or even recreate the livery of their favorite racecars. The created design can be shared between players. Surprise your friends with your originality and level of artistry.
Just quoting the official GT page. Then summarizing:
- Recreate favourite racecars.
- surprise your friends with your originality and level of artistry.
^- you can't be artsy without a proper livery editor. With just a limited set of stickers and sponsors and a few stripes wouldn't make it possible.

But of course. PD being PD, you might just be right. I hope not. :P

I'd be mighty surprised if something like that isn't possible in GTS.

Just quoting the official GT page. Then summarizing:
- Recreate favourite racecars.
- surprise your friends with your originality and level of artistry.
^- you can't be artsy without a proper livery editor. With just a limited set of stickers and sponsors and a few stripes wouldn't make it possible.

But of course. PD being PD, you might just be right. I hope not. :P
Both of those things are possible with a limited number of stickers and the ability to add stripes or partition the various body panels with different paints. Regardless of what the marketing says, I won't believe anything until I actually see it working.

Perfectly reasonable, and its a good point as we all know what PD with features like this. And at the end of the day, I'm not going to get my hopes about the livery editor until the games released, I'll just be happy to have a livery editor regardless :lol:.

Yes, I'm also thinking along those lines.
Saying that, perhaps some will have the skills to overcome any limitations PD put in place.
But I see myself struggling to produce what I'm picturing in my head. :sly:

I do love the look of that car though @syntex123. 👍

One thing I hope is that you can change the colour of your car after buying it. A simple GT Auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back