GT Sport Mileage Exchange Update Brings Back the Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180626120833.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180626120843.png

Would think that the vast majority of us that play GT Sport regularly, already have all the Helmets/Decals/Driver Poses/Wheels on offer. :irked:
So we're really only visiting the Mileage Exchange for the new Paint Colours. :rolleyes:

But I'm one of those pesky "Collectors", and I want every car in every colour available. :drool:
So even if the car's a repeat, if it's in a new colour scheme, I'll be buying it ! :lol:
Failing the addition of some different "Safety Cars", it would be great to have some different (maybe two-tone) Finishes. 💡
Or, even easier for PD to do, some different Decals, or the same decals in a different colour. :cheers:

This week’s Exchange features the Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car, in a fairly pedestrian silver (although fortunately the update includes Mazda’s Soul Red in the paint selection).

Nice Soul Red. Time to make a Mazda Car.

Oh! I didn't know this because in the brand central the coulor says Soul Red Premium Metallic, so I thought the Soul Red paint chip was for another car :embarrassed: :lol:, I would have figured this out if I had searched for other Soul Red cars and not found anything, but thanks for the info guys 👍. Now I can paint it red as well, I painted it Meteor Gray Mica earlier today :).

This week’s Exchange features the Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car, in a fairly pedestrian silver (although fortunately the update includes Mazda’s Soul Red in the paint selection).

Oh! I didn't know this because in the brand central the coulor says Soul Red Premium Metallic, so I thought the Soul Red paint chip was for another car :embarrassed: :lol:, I would have figured this out if I had searched for other Soul Red cars and not found anything, but thanks for the info guys 👍. Now I can paint it red as well, I painted it Meteor Gray Mica earlier today :).
Good someone knows their onions.

I'm surprised they're even cycling manufacture paints when there's still so many that haven't made the rounds...
I know. Bleu Alpine seems to be one that a lot of people want. Bay Side Blue from the R34 GT-R would also be good.

Its my favorite Road Car version of them all. Already have one though.

Mine too but why are they cycling the silver one again? I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time around for this car so dunno why the same colour.

However at least they got the Soul Red to put on it.

Mine too but why are they cycling the silver one again? I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd time around for this car so dunno why the same colour.

Yup third time around for the GT Silver finish !! :crazy: (I always buy two of each car in the Mileage Exchange, and I didn't check the colour last time, so now have four of the beggars !!) :banghead: This time around, I checked the colour first !! :lol:

Never mind, I've re-done one in Soul Red & the other "spare" in that (Mazda) Meteor Gray Mica. :cool:

[Edit to Add: Nice to have a Lead Photo that actually reflects the Content !! ;)]

I don't know if the Atenza is even offered in any color beside silver. I appreciate that the Soul Red paint chip is on offer but you'd expect that to be offered from the factory.

Yup third time around for the GT Silver finish !! :crazy: (I always buy two of each car in the Mileage Exchange, and I didn't check the colour last time, so now have four of the beggars !!) :banghead: This time around, I checked the colour first !! :lol:

Never mind, I've re-done one in Soul Red & the other "spare" in that (Mazda) Meteor Gray Mica. :cool:

[Edit to Add: Nice to have a Lead Photo that actually reflects the Content !! ;)]
I'm collecting all of the homologation special colors, and since it's only ever been offered in silver I only have one Atenza, which I painted Soul Red because of course.

I'm not sure they thought this whole mileage exchange thingy through really, at first it seems to be a major 'currency' in the game but before long it's rendered pretty pointless aside from the odd paint or wheel you might like which would probably have worked far better if you could just scroll through all of them in the livery editor or when you buy a car.

The provision of the cars available is absolutely pathetic in my view, I can't believe they only set aside a small selection in a game where they are really wanting players to play it for months and perhaps years to come. Also the special decal range of awful, I can think of loads they could add.

The game still chucks mileage points at you, more than you'll likely ever use, I think I had all the cars I wanted within 2 months which was almost 10 months ago.

Hopefully, they will give the currency more meaning in future with things like new cars, team vehicles to use in scapes, exclusive liveries, exclusive windscreen decals or specific decals which can go on headlamps or windows, track tutorials or a better range of accessories.

I for one won't be wasting time waiting for a specific colour to pop up so I can spend 500 points of the 78,000+ I already have :D

I feel like I'm seeing the same wheels and colors in the store but they don't have the check indicating that I bought them. I buy out the store every time I see it change. Is this a bug or are they truly different? The cars never have a check even though I bought them all. The helmets and poses still show a check since I bought them. Thx.

I feel like I'm seeing the same wheels and colors in the store but they don't have the check indicating that I bought them. I buy out the store every time I see it change. Is this a bug or are they truly different? The cars never have a check even though I bought them all. The helmets and poses still show a check since I bought them. Thx.

The Cars will never show a Tick, but everything else should, and normally does, as soon as you've bought it.

===============================

On a separate note:- Is "Mica" Paintwork only a Mazda thing ?

"What does Mica stand for in paint?
When a sparkle effect is desired, we recommend using the mica flake formulation technology due to its many advantages. Although similar in appearance, pearlescent coatings are formulated with mica (Ceramic) flakes while metallic coatings are formulated with metal flakes."

The Cars will never show a Tick, but everything else should, and normally does, as soon as you've bought it.

Makes perfect sense. You cant buy a 2nd paint chip of the same hue or the same helmet but you can buy multiple exchange cars... some guys here collect the safety cars in all their hues.

However since this seems like the 3rd iteration of the 7 group 3 road cars... by now you should have them all?

I have the BMW and Mercedes safety cars, I dont care about the colours... and they're Group X anyway.

The 7 cars I have now so will probably not buy any more duplicates, nor do I care about decals poses or helmets so its just all colours from now on.

Latest Posts

Back