GT Sport Mode need a Penalty fix asap, please Polyphony Digital...

Should the penalty system Get a fix

• Yes

Votes: 180 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 12.2%

• Total voters
Indeed, game should be deleted after the last update. Now people are drafting through each other with penalties and serving them anywhere they want to go solid one inch in front of your car.

Still, you have to admire their commitment to penalties.

I must say after the last update, penalty has improved, feel its a step in the right place

Yes sometimes, little bumps to the back that effect nothing seem to be allowed now but there are still some stupid penalties when cars hit side to side, like ones to the wrong guy or 10 seconds to one person and 1 to the other when both continued on fine.

It's much better now, I've had some 3-5 second penalties just from being run wide but only one or two in maybe 20 races. I think I like it as it is

No issues with pens lately, getting rough but nothing serious through T1 at Monza, no pens for me, pens for others taking the mick. So it's working well.

my friends and I have all experienced bad penalties. I have seen where someone brushes fenders and I got a 5 second penalty while they keep driving. I have also given someone a draft bump (with intent to help) in Tokyo outer loop because it's been done to me before (yay NASCAR) and THEY got a penalty! I felt bad and stopped doing it that same race.

This past weeekend, a certain impatient dive-bomb-happy person tried to pass me at the Suzuka hairpin on the first lap. There is traffic, pace is going to be a bit slower for a while, calm down. I got a lovely 10 sec penalty for a light bumper tap, dropped to dead last serving the penalty. Watched as he dropped through the field for being a crap driver and passed him later on in the race. He eventually left the room but he successfully ruined my race and I lost 1100 DR.

This was a DR B, SR A race. No idea how but the :censored:head taking me out advanced to SR S after that, so did I and I was pretty shocked to see the same name there.

This was a DR B, SR A race. No idea how but the :censored:head taking me out advanced to SR S after that, so did I and I was pretty shocked to see the same name there.

I think this is why it's important to look at replay's sometimes. That lambo had a similar colored car right behind him. I have a feeling he was punted into you. Right before you get reset you can see a Spaniard right behind him in an audi.

SIDE NOTE :: If anyone thinks the penalties are not working well just watch a fozra lobby to reset your perspective. Even 1 bump a race is a massive improvement lol. I just saw this video and thought to myself how lucky we are.

Last edited:
I didn´t know exactly were to put it, but check this out @24:55

You can see clearly the car in front (7th place) got pushed by something, but 8th place was about 1 sec behind :odd:
In the post race chat, 7th place was asking, why 8th placed pushed him out. But the video shows nothing like that? Maybe caused by lag (but everyone got 5 bars)? Anyway another thing which needs to be fixed.
7th place is a member here (@nussini), so maybe he can write something about it..

I didn´t know exactly were to put it, but check this out @24:55

You can see clearly the car in front (7th place) got pushed by something, but 8th place was about 1 sec behind :odd:
In the post race chat, 7th place was asking, why 8th placed pushed him out. But the video shows nothing like that? Maybe caused by lag (but everyone got 5 bars)? Anyway another thing which needs to be fixed.
7th place is a member here (@nussini), so maybe he can write something about it..

Yeah it was lag. On my screen he was just going straight into me without breaking. I wrote him afterwards and he told me that we didn't touch and that he also didn't know what was going on at that moment. Unfortunately, he was the only car glitching on my screen for a few seconds, but it was enough to destroy my race. After getting back on track my car was wrecked and I lost a lot of time and places. I even got a penalty for this. :cheers:

I fell to dead last on the last lap in the Nurburgring Gr.2 race last night, so at the final chicane I just drove straight into the barrier. The game reset my car and gave me a whopping 25-second penalty. :lol: First time I've seen a single penalty over 10 seconds.

Penalties are a lot better now. The you get 1 sec as well in many cases is still very annoying yet more often the attacker alone ends up with the penalty. However penalties are quite ineffective, especially in the faster cars. GR.1 and GR.2 bump along and 90% of the time the bumper or dive bomber gets away with it. The penalties are too easy to scrub while the victim loses a lot more time.

In a daily C the SR hits are also far from a deterrent. The people that actually manage to get a red rating are back the next race anyway. Also in the daily B today, no effect. I got hit by 4 people in one race, all of them went on and gained positions by bumping. They all had a red S at the end yet their penalty time did not affect their finishing position. Just a little lift of the gas here and there and brake right before the finish to scrub the remainder. People simply got used to how to work around penalties and continue the same dirty race behavior as the instant reward of gaining positions is pretty much guaranteed.

Either scrubbing of penalties during the race has to stop or PD needs to find a different solution to improve behavior. Not one race on DT gardens today was clean in max SR.S.

I have my hopes on this comment from the Nurburgring mega report
Kaz wants cars to spin in car collisions more easily.
The only way to stop bump passing and dive bombing is by taking away the instant reward, ie the gaining of positions. Instead of 90% success rate, it should be 90% chance of spinning out and losing positions instead. Then people will start to be more careful.

Is their any news on the penalty system being improved? I just can't play it any more, it's just a load of people constantly ramming each other and you get penalised for it. That's not racing. It's nonsense.

Its so pretty, but easily the worst online racing I've ever played.

I think this is why it's important to look at replay's sometimes. That lambo had a similar colored car right behind him. I have a feeling he was punted into you. Right before you get reset you can see a Spaniard right behind him in an audi.

SIDE NOTE :: If anyone thinks the penalties are not working well just watch a fozra lobby to reset your perspective. Even 1 bump a race is a massive improvement lol. I just saw this video and thought to myself how lucky we are.

That looks great. In gts, that Honda would have had at least an hours penalty.I might buy an xbox one, that looks actually fun. Which is kind of the point.

I got a weird penalty. Side by side contact. I pulled over to serve it. Then, at that exact moment I got another penalty for overtaking? Say what? I stopped again and served that. Never ever got that.

I got a weird penalty. Side by side contact. I pulled over to serve it. Then, at that exact moment I got another penalty for overtaking? Say what? I stopped again and served that. Never ever got that.
I got a 3 second penalty for getting Absolutely smashed from the side, like I'm turning for the corner and this geezers just speared me at full speed going straight on. He got a lucky break and bounced in a convenient position so as to drive away relatively OK and got no penalty, I was facing the wrong way on the grass and lost 7 places but got a penalty. That was the final straw for me tonight.

I can't play the game any more. Every race its something stupid like that. I'd love to have a clean racing game but that ain't gonna happen, but don't penalise the people who actually TRY to race clean.

I got a 3 second penalty for getting Absolutely smashed from the side, like I'm turning for the corner and this geezers just speared me at full speed going straight on. He got a lucky break and bounced in a convenient position so as to drive away relatively OK and got no penalty, I was facing the wrong way on the grass and lost 7 places but got a penalty. That was the final straw for me tonight.

I can't play the game any more. Every race its something stupid like that. I'd love to have a clean racing game but that ain't gonna happen, but don't penalise the people who actually TRY to race clean.
It is a shame. I hate the players that tap tap tap me on the grass. I'm fair to those around me. I'm not moving. I'm holding my position. Give me racing room! Why keep pushing me out? Then, I get a penalty.

I've had more good racing than bad. So, I'm not throwing in the towel. Hopefully things improve.

Is their any news on the penalty system being improved? I just can't play it any more, it's just a load of people constantly ramming each other and you get penalised for it. That's not racing. It's nonsense.

The worst?? No.. please come on.. don´t exaggerate... Probably the 2nd worst, ok???? :) That´s more close to reality.. :)

Got several of those yesterday on Monza and Blue Moon Bay... Welcome to the best of GTS! :)

It is a shame. I hate the players that tap tap tap me on the grass. I'm fair to those around me. I'm not moving. I'm holding my position. Give me racing room! Why keep pushing me out? Then, I get a penalty.

I've had more good racing than bad. So, I'm not throwing in the towel. Hopefully things improve.

That racing mode (TAP!! TAP!!! Get out of my way cause I own the track!" ... is soooo very well known,. and sooo much used at Monza... that it hurts... Welcome to Tap dancing (and no!!!.. I´m not Ginger Rogers...)

I'm having the exact opposite experience; I've still not had a bad race. Ever. The penalty system can feel harsh sometimes (I lost positions because I accidentally missed the braking point on the pit entry at Mt. Panorama and went onto the grass a little) but for the most part it assigns penalties correctly for me.

I'm having the exact opposite experience; I've still not had a bad race. Ever. The penalty system can feel harsh sometimes (I lost positions because I accidentally missed the braking point on the pit entry at Mt. Panorama and went onto the grass a little) but for the most part it assigns penalties correctly for me.

You lucky Bastard!!!!

Talking serious, now... How much have they paid you for that post?? Hum??? Come on... Confesss!!!!!!

You lucky Bastard!!!!

Talking serious, now... How much have they paid you for that post?? Hum??? Come on... Confesss!!!!!!

:lol: I do work in the games industry, but not for PD!

I think I've just got very lucky. I also tend to approach races very very carefully, and will sometimes give up spaces rather than risk major contact.

The worst?? No.. please come on.. don´t exaggerate... Probably the 2nd worst, ok???? :) That´s more close to reality.. :)

Got several of those yesterday on Monza and Blue Moon Bay... Welcome to the best of GTS! :)

That racing mode (TAP!! TAP!!! Get out of my way cause I own the track!" ... is soooo very well known,. and sooo much used at Monza... that it hurts... Welcome to Tap dancing (and no!!!.. I´m not Ginger Rogers...)
See I don't really mind about getting speared, it's online racing, people are idiots I expect it.

But don't penalise me for it, that's whats so stupid about this game, it blames you for things other people do to you. Why? Who thought that was a good idea? They want a clean racing system but the system only rewards people driving dirty.

See I don't really mind about getting speared, it's online racing, people are idiots I expect it.

But don't penalise me for it, that's whats so stupid about this game, it blames you for things other people do to you. Why? Who thought that was a good idea? They want a clean racing system but the system only rewards people driving dirty.
Exactly!! THat is the main issue on this penalisation sucking issue!!!!

I think I've just got very lucky. I also tend to approach races very very carefully, and will sometimes give up spaces rather than risk major contact.

It also heavily depends what Driver rating you're in. All below A level is pretty forgiving, but if you're an A driver, every little contact serves you with a penalty, even if you cant feel contact.
So right now, I prefer not to race as a AS driver. Those are the worst races, as everyone thinks he deserves an overtake, even if there is no space.
In DR B lobbies, I feel that drivers are more willing to give up a position, instead of crashing into you because they NEED to do their hotlap pace...

I just dream of a field with drivers like you, with the mindset of Bottas, instead of Verstappen :D

It also heavily depends what Driver rating you're in. All below A level is pretty forgiving, but if you're an A driver, every little contact serves you with a penalty, even if you cant feel contact.
So right now, I prefer not to race as a AS driver. Those are the worst races, as everyone thinks he deserves an overtake, even if there is no space.
In DR B lobbies, I feel that drivers are more willing to give up a position, instead of crashing into you because they NEED to do their hotlap pace...

I just dream of a field with drivers like you, with the mindset of Bottas, instead of Verstappen :D

I've just reached level B so that may have something to do with it. The way I see it is that I'm there to enjoy the race, not necessarily win every single time. If I were playing competitively I'd be much more aggressive for sure.

Back