GT Sport (November) Update Theory Discussion

Car modifications! I'm not asking anything too crazy like race mod or widebody kits. The next GT is so far away and playing a lot FH4 reminds me how much I miss this feature.

Unfortunately unless GT teams up with the older japanese car games that were actually great, they will never catch up to the light years ahead of it's peers that FH is. It's everything NFS should have been and even they really dropped the ball. GT can't properly develop it's flagship franchise let alone focusing it's efforts on another venture..

Wonder what happened in licensing, that stopped all wheels from being available for every car. If we can put centrelocks on cars that came with bolt patterns, well..

Anyway, doesn't appear we're getting much more customisation this time.

Wonder what happened in licensing, that stopped all wheels from being available for every car. If we can put centrelocks on cars that came with bolt patterns, well..

Anyway, doesn't appear we're getting much more customisation this time.
I don't thinks it's a licensing issue, more that it's a modelling issue. PD have only created one set of models for each wheel (I say models as I assume each +1 or 2 'size' is modelled separately) because of this, certain wheels don't fit certain cars due to width, dish or size issues. The R32 GT-R is a great example as I suspect they forgot to test which wheels fit and almost all available and if you look closely on some, you can see where the models clash and the centres of the wheels merge with the hubs leaving black areas visible around the wheel nuts (The TE37 Ultra is a good example).

Licensing only affects the range of wheels we’re offered, hence why there’s only ‘current’ wheels and no older designs which is a pain for getting period-correct looks on older cars. I for one would love to see some older BBS LM’s, and Rays CE28N’s for example.

I used to love the feature in GT4 (or was it 3?) that allowed you to purchase ‘Used’ wheels from other cars in the game. It was a great way of getting the Spoon SW388’s onto other Hondas and other novelties such as the disk wheels fitted to the rally Mitsubishi Starion.

I don't thinks it's a licensing issue, more that it's a modelling issue. PD have only created one set of models for each wheel (I say models as I assume each +1 or 2 'size' is modelled separately) because of this, certain wheels don't fit certain cars due to width, dish or size issues. The R32 GT-R is a great example as I suspect they forgot to test which wheels fit and almost all available and if you look closely on some, you can see where the models clash and the centres of the wheels merge with the hubs leaving black areas visible around the wheel nuts (The TE37 Ultra is a good example).

Licensing only affects the range of wheels we’re offered, hence why there’s only ‘current’ wheels and no older designs which is a pain for getting period-correct looks on older cars. I for one would love to see some older BBS LM’s, and Rays CE28N’s for example.

I used to love the feature in GT4 (or was it 3?) that allowed you to purchase ‘Used’ wheels from other cars in the game. It was a great way of getting the Spoon SW388’s onto other Hondas and other novelties such as the disk wheels fitted to the rally Mitsubishi Starion.
The WORK Equip, is usually a small diameter, wide wheel. 14x8,9. Notice in the game, it's small as well. That shouldn't be fitting on any car with a standard 15"+ diameter.
The way Ferrari don't allow PD to "market" certain decals, suggests to me, that fitting a BMW wheel to a Ferrari, may be frowned upon. I don't think we had the all wheels option in GT5&6.

PD's choices in wheel fitment is beyond bizzare. The XD beadlock wheels can be used on a ridiculous amount of cars, that shouldn't. Yet you can't put RPF1s on a lot of cars that you should. Not to mention those ugly ass 6 lug truck wheels, with what appears to be +60 offset, so no lip at all. I wish I could delete them, as I'll never use them.

Still waiting for the day when PD adds some prewar cars to GT Sport.

Perhaps not in GT Sport, but at least there is a prewar car in the line to appear in Gran Turismo.

6d5446dd-a119-49fc-a171-60dd2d2b5792_large-e1503311142899-860x483.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/1929-mercedes-benz-wins-coveted-gran-turismo-award-pebble-beach/

Perhaps not in GT Sport, but at least there is a prewar car in the line to appear in Gran Turismo.

6d5446dd-a119-49fc-a171-60dd2d2b5792_large-e1503311142899-860x483.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/1929-mercedes-benz-wins-coveted-gran-turismo-award-pebble-beach/
Yes and I can't wait. Since it won the award last year, I expect to to come to Gran Turismo in either 2020 or 2021.
I don't expect the 1915 Ford T, 1886 Benz, and 1886 Daimler to return but that would be nice. But I can realistically see the 1937 Auto Union Streamliner returning. It was a great Route X car on GT6.
019902.jpg

auto-union-type-c-streamliner-photos-and-comments-www-picautos-com.jpg

Motegi's Speedway was actually damaged considerably by an earthquake recently, right? If they were to bring back Motegi now, would they only have to add the road course to the game?

Motegi's Speedway was actually damaged considerably by an earthquake recently, right? If they were to bring back Motegi now, would they only have to add the road course to the game?
Google indicates Dario Franchitti thought it could be raced on. So I doubt there is visual damage.

My thoughts? It was the last race in Japan for the series and it was pointless paying for the structural analysis required for one race. They use it as a car park now.

I'm betting Catalunya because the event is in Madrid. We got Fuji for the MEGA WEB event and the Red Bull Ring for the Hangar 7 event. Just saying.
This makes sense

How about a surprise update where we can finally race multiplayer in VR and the World tour final race is in VR

I'm betting Catalunya because the event is in Madrid.

How do you see that, seeing as Madrid <> Barcelona (maybe Kaz doesn't know)
Also Madrid has its own track, Jarama, F1 races have been held there, designed by the same man who made suzuka, if remember right.

Or as was suggested Valencia

Can't see it being great fun for a couple of laps in an X2014 Standard for a Nations Cup grand final though.
Well, that might be true and what you say is plausible with the given circumstances. Eventhough it would be a hell of a challenge and difficulty-wise really Grand-Final-worthy. I would definitly watch that :D

Unfortunately unless GT teams up with the older japanese car games that were actually great, they will never catch up to the light years ahead of it's peers that FH is. It's everything NFS should have been and even they really dropped the ball. GT can't properly develop it's flagship franchise let alone focusing it's efforts on another venture..
The Forza franchise has ridiculous upgrades with 250mph Civics fitted with V8’s and 4WD.

GT Sport needs real world performance and motorsport related upgrades. Upgraded brakes in particular are a must.

Latest Posts

Back