GT Sport physics thread

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 381 comments
Wasn't sure where else to put this bit I just drove the Peugeot RCZ road car round Kyoto driving park yamagiwa. And with sports hard tyres it handles at like 85mph+ round most corners. Is this realistic at all? It feels like the handling is way too easy for sports hard tyres.

Wasn't sure where else to put this bit I just drove the Peugeot RCZ road car round Kyoto driving park yamagiwa. And with sports hard tyres it handles at like 85mph+ round most corners. Is this realistic at all? It feels like the handling is way too easy for sports hard tyres.

I don't know but Sports tyres are supposed to be semi slicks and track bias road tyres. Hards will be less grippy but still should be pretty high end as far as road tyres go in general.

7HO
What's the story with the auto clutch and why can't I decide if I want to use the clutch pedal? I could have sworn there were times earlier I could use my clutch pedal but now it does nothing and other people have told me their clutch pedal works for them. I can understand Gr3 cars having autoclutch because they do in real life but if I drive a manual production car that in real life has 3 pedals I would like to be able to drive that car in a realistic way using all 3 of my pedals. I mean I have a Thrustmaster T-GT which is the official GT Sport wheel and it has 3 pedals so why does only 2 of them work in the game for me?

Press clutch all the way down during race start countdown and you will engage manual clutch. But it is binary... Only on off... Not like in PCars 2 for example when you have analog clutch.

The clutch is not binary on/off, it just has a small engagement window, I have no trouble slipping it.

VXR
I've not personally enjoyed Gran Turismo physics this much since maybe 2 or 3, when things were simpler and I was much younger. Feeling the car move about on weight shift, trail braking etc is so much more enjoyable in this game, especially after the update.

I think the increase in front end (lateral) grip allows you to load the front of the car more, and in turn, play with the weight transfers much more effectively.

Before, the front washed out so easily it was hard to make the car tuck mid corner.

I just did 20 minutes of arcade. The car feels more grounded and I can feel the road surface more through my wheel. It just felt better to me . Am I kidding myself or are things looking up.

Same here. I only tried the GT86 and the MX-5 yesterday, and the one thing that sticks out most is the progressive nature of breaking traction now. Before, oversteer was very snappy, even in these modest road vehicles.

Also, I agree with @Stotty and @VXR - I found lots of time from balancing the weight transfer under breaking/acceleration. It is very pleasing to come off the throttle and feel the back end rotating around. Flicking these little vehicles into corners feels so much better now.

I tell you something I really, really dig about this game and that's watching the live timing above the rev counter. If ever there was an aid to make you lean more on the car and extract every last ounce, that is it. In conjunction with the improved physics this time around, wow, this is some driving game.

I think the increase in front end (lateral) grip allows you to load the front of the car more, and in turn, play with the weight transfers much more effectively.

Before, the front washed out so easily it was hard to make the car tuck mid corner.

I feel the complete opposite....

Kind of weird how people were complaining that the tires seemed to lack grip or it feels like driving on ice, but now that PD has added longitudinal grip people are now complaining about that change. Personally it's a welcome change.

Press clutch all the way down during race start countdown and you will engage manual clutch. But it is binary... Only on off... Not like in PCars 2 for example when you have analog clutch.
So far I have only tried this in arcade mode and there I still can't get the clutch to work. This is very frustrating.

I found the solution on Reddit

It turns out my current problem is not having a shifter attached. It would seem you can't use a clutch unless you have a shifter, I'm not impressed. I guess I need to hurry up and buy an adaptor for my shifter or get the TH8A.

Last edited:
Kind of weird how people were complaining that the tires seemed to lack grip or it feels like driving on ice, but now that PD has added longitudinal grip people are now complaining about that change. Personally it's a welcome change.
You realize there are hundreds of people that have commented on GTS threads right? Unless the exact same people are making the complaints you refer to above, your comment is pointless.

I'm using the motion controller at present which i must say i am very impressed with. The update has made it even better and increases the chances of driving a cleaner race which has to be a good thing from an online perspective.

Is this after the update?

As its been very much binary before 1.06
If you're careful on the throttle at a Grid Start as far as I remember it's always been progressive. Using a DS4. Annoying at first but once I got used to it it's really been a good tool for nice TC-Off launches.

If you're careful on the throttle at a Grid Start as far as I remember it's always been progressive. Using a DS4. Annoying at first but once I got used to it it's really been a good tool for nice TC-Off launches.
Using my pedals (T3PA Pro's) is not progressive at all.

Its on or off and you need to have it depressed 100% for it to work.

As a result its about as far away from how a clutch works in reality as its possible to get.

Using my pedals (T3PA Pro's) is not progressive at all.

Its on or off and you need to have it depressed 100% for it to work.

As a result its about as far away from how a clutch works in reality as its possible to get.
Ahhhh a clutch pedal. I meant the simulated clutch, built in to the game when you don't have a clutch pedal. Auto engages at slow speed and releases in a pretty nice way I can feather a bit before putting all the power down.

The best fake clutch (no pedal) implementation I've used :)

My thoughts on 1.06

I did forget to mention that the FFB and track surface detail is still rather numb, I forget to include it at times as my tactile rig helps make up for it, would not be happy if I was playing it without that!

The TC ON like in your test turn difficult to feel the main change after 1.06. The slip of the clutch is a lot under than what it was in 1.05. The moment between the slip and the gear totally engaged is not so brutal.
In my opinion this was the main reason for loosing the rear out corner. Before 1.06 . Now it is possible to use the full gass out medium speed corner. Even with TC at 0 , the clutch still act like a kind of traction control. Test it in turn 5 lake maggiore , this point was very critical 1.05 , now it s easy to manage.
I would prefer to see the GT6 clutch model , when throttle control was working well. Now the clutch is like an aid and still far to be perfect.

I was surprised how easy it is to win from 20th place using the Renault Megane R.S. Trophy Cup on professional mode arcade single race around Yamagiwa Kyoto Driving Park. I'm able to leave the N500 class cars in the dust and the Renault is only an FF N300 class car. It's so good at corning. This car is a little Beast!

I'm using the motion controller at present which i must say i am very impressed with. The update has made it even better and increases the chances of driving a cleaner race which has to be a good thing from an online perspective.
What do you think of the motion controll after 1.10v

In what way do you find it better?
Me personally is all over the track after the update.
Have you adjusted the sensitivity ? In my experience even the general stick steering sensitivity needs changing sometimes after an update, when it becomes more or less sensitive due to something in the game changing.

I just find it easier to be even smoother than before.

That said, I only race GR3 & GR4 cars though and stick mainly to the Atenza for both groups so i am fairly used to the car. I can't really comment on the other cars too much but when i did a time trial using about 7 GR3 cars i found it fairly easy to lap all 7 cars within 6 tenths of each other immediately without having to get used to the cars and i am far from great.

It could well be though that other cars have had more of a noticeable difference that i wouldn't really be aware of.

The only real thing i altered and i would actually like a definitive answer on this because i have seen multiple differing responses to this is that around the same time of the update, just by chance i changed the steering sensitivity from the maximum sensitivity to the very least. Thats been the only real change i've made around the time of the update.

I feel like i can notice a difference between the sensitivity but then there are some people who are adamant that the sensitivity does not apply to the motion controller, only the wheel, so it would be handy to know if this does effect the motion controller and if so where is a link to this information as a fact rather than general opinion.

Back