GT Sport- Pre order thread

• Thread starter torque99
  • 374 comments
I'm not sure what to do as I have a particular setup and I will be in the United States on launch day. I use a USA account but reside in Argentina. Argentine accounts weren't even available when I joined PSN. My main doubts are related to the Nations Cup and the extra digital content in the pre-orders. Here's my setup:

PS4 Pro in the living room is mine. It is NOT my primary system.
PS4 in my daughter's room. This one is my primary system so that my daughter can play my games. All my games are digital.

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know if our nationalities will be binded to our PSN account region? For example, as a USA account holder, will I be always forced to race under the USA flag online?
  2. Related to the previous question. Can we choose which nationality we compete under in Nations Cup? I would rather race Nations Cup representing Argentina. If we cannot change our nationality (as asked above) then I would have to open an Argentine account.
  3. If I pre-order a US digital or physical edition, would I be able to use the extra content on an Argentine account, keeping in mind that my PS4 Pro is NOT my primary system?
  4. Depending on the answers to 1, 2 and 3 above, I need to make a choice of buying digital or buying physical. I like digital because I prefer not to use the BD drive and like being able to share games with my daughter. However, if I need to open an Argentine account to race under the Argentine flag then I believe I would be forced to go physical since a digital download would be binded to my US account, and I assume it wouldn't work for any other user on a non-primary PS4?
A bit confusing, I know. This pretty much all comes down to questions 1 or 2. I know in GT5 we were binded to our account region. I hope we are able to choose our flag/nation this time. I really do want to avoid messing with a second account just for this game.

Hey there @torque99, all being well my plan is to pre order the collectors edition after holidays are over :D

If things dont pan out, then probably go for the steel book, if that fails I'll go digital. Ah to hell with, I'll go digital whatever happens, saves switching that old school plastic coffe mat out the machine :P

I will be getting this game no matter what, been looking forward to it for ages, as I watched others play the beta from my sofa, it's raised the anticipation for it to arrive.

What do I enjoy most? Probably watching back a race or even hotlaps in the replays, GT has never left me feeling let down in this area. Visuals are stunning, personally I think it's going to be the best looking sim on the platform.
I'm also really looking forward to the livery editor, as I enjoy creating my own identity.

Can't wait. See you all on track hopefully
Laters

Hey there @torque99, all being well my plan is to pre order the collectors edition after holidays are over :D

If things dont pan out, then probably go for the steel book, if that fails I'll go digital. Ah to hell with, I'll go digital whatever happens, saves switching that old school plastic coffe mat out the machine :P

I will be getting this game no matter what, been looking forward to it for ages, as I watched others play the beta from my sofa, it's raised the anticipation for it to arrive.

What do I enjoy most? Probably watching back a race or even hotlaps in the replays, GT has never left me feeling let down in this area. Visuals are stunning, personally I think it's going to be the best looking sim on the platform.
I'm also really looking forward to the livery editor, as I enjoy creating my own identity.

Can't wait. See you all on track hopefully
Laters

Cheers @hobbsy 👍 Maybe I can set up some 'Fun Challenges' again online if most the DC guys will be getting this game ? Depending on what content is released (i.e Challenges/Custom TT) I also am looking forward to the Livery editor and the detailed photo settings. :cheers:
:bowdown:

Last edited:
Pre-ordered GTS collector's edition (Europe) for 110€. Why? Because I want to have access to the widest content possible from day one and because of the exclusive book. I don't care about the miniature car (AMG GTS I think... I might even sell it).

I pre-ordered this too mainly for the car (yes i'm that pathetic lol) i build and and collect them as a fun little hobby got around 32 so far 28 built the other 4 given as presents just waiting on #33 a Nissan GT-R then i'll only have room for one more :)

You're a man after my own heart! Saw the GT Sport Beta running on my mates 4K TV, & it looked super-awesome. However, after playing Project CARS the sounds in GTS are super-lame by comparison. If I had the money, I think I'd switch from PS4 to XB1X & ditch the GT series altogether.

VBR
You're a man after my own heart! Saw the GT Sport Beta running on my mates 4K TV, & it looked super-awesome. However, after playing Project CARS the sounds in GTS are super-lame by comparison. If I had the money, I think I'd switch from PS4 to XB1X & ditch the GT series altogether.

:eek:...

I know what you mean, but there has always been something about the ingredients within GT that has kept me captivated. I'm a realist, and can see it has its flaws, so don't get me wrong I wouldn't put myself in the die hard Fan-boy category.
I've got and played most of the racing arcade/sim/simcade games, but still go back and fire up GT6 from time to time, and will find enjoyment in it. Where as others just don't have that. I go back to some and turn them off after 5mins, feeling like I've wasted my effort giving it another go.

I think it's a series that has always had the right balance of realism, challenge and enjoyment (for me personally), amongst the other things I mentioned before.

I would love to give Forza a go on the XboneX, but I've made my bed, and am quite happy where I am.
I'm also on the fence about investing in the PC market! Fortunately I have a powerful work laptop that should serve well enough for a gaming machine, so it's just the investment in the games... and time to yet more games :boggled:

I'm not sure what to do as I have a particular setup and I will be in the United States on launch day. I use a USA account but reside in Argentina. Argentine accounts weren't even available when I joined PSN. My main doubts are related to the Nations Cup and the extra digital content in the pre-orders. Here's my setup:

PS4 Pro in the living room is mine. It is NOT my primary system.
PS4 in my daughter's room. This one is my primary system so that my daughter can play my games. All my games are digital.

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know if our nationalities will be binded to our PSN account region? For example, as a USA account holder, will I be always forced to race under the USA flag online?
  2. Related to the previous question. Can we choose which nationality we compete under in Nations Cup? I would rather race Nations Cup representing Argentina. If we cannot change our nationality (as asked above) then I would have to open an Argentine account.
  3. If I pre-order a US digital or physical edition, would I be able to use the extra content on an Argentine account, keeping in mind that my PS4 Pro is NOT my primary system?
  4. Depending on the answers to 1, 2 and 3 above, I need to make a choice of buying digital or buying physical. I like digital because I prefer not to use the BD drive and like being able to share games with my daughter. However, if I need to open an Argentine account to race under the Argentine flag then I believe I would be forced to go physical since a digital download would be binded to my US account, and I assume it wouldn't work for any other user on a non-primary PS4?
A bit confusing, I know. This pretty much all comes down to questions 1 or 2. I know in GT5 we were binded to our account region. I hope we are able to choose our flag/nation this time. I really do want to avoid messing with a second account just for this game.
1. Based on GT Academy and GT Sport beta, I would say yes. Sadly :(
2. Yep, I guess you would have to make a new PSN account.
3. Depends on the pre order bonuses, as I have dealt with this problem a lot. I would say that things like Avatars and cash might stay in the account that you redeemed the code in. I remember in GT6, both the pre order cars with 15th anniversary and gift codes are available on all of my ps3 accounts so maybe yes. However, if you got the game with the extra on a us PSN then you have to make that account a main one for that ps4. Can't explain how so I'm sorry.
4. Well you answered it by your self.

I hope I helped. :)

I won't pre order GTsport. I will buy it in a shop like every other game. It's not GTA or FIFA, I'm sure I will find it easily and the pre order bonus don't interest me.

I bought the most of what they gave us 'silly americans'. Still no ultimate edition for the us, can't help but feel slighted, again. I blame Nascar.

Jerome
At least you could get some special editions of certain games unlike over here in the middle east where we only get to buy the standard physical version except for rare occasions like COD IW & MW1 package.

At least you could get some special editions of certain games unlike over here in the middle east where we only get to buy the standard physical version except for rare occasions like COD IW & MW1 package.

Good point. I'm just a spoiled 'Murican. can't help it! :lol:

Jerome

I'm gonna get the digital version but still hesitating between "Standard" and "Deluxe" ...
What made GT a real "experience" to me is to start from 0, get your licenses and race (again and again sometimes) to get money to afford other cars and unlock other races etc.
It seems like GTS will provide too many content from the beginning, no need to sweat to get nice cars...
The first choice of the car is like when you chose your 1st Pokemon (a looooong time ago)..looks like we lost it !

Cars on "Deluxe" edition look nice though, it's sad to start with them, but sad to miss them (for 10€...) hard choice !

I had preordered the limited edition from Amazon long time ago, before the last delay, but after playing a game on disc with the pro for the first time (other games are all digital, Driveclub, pcars, etc.) I decided to cancel and will preorder the digital edition. Turns out the blu ray drive is pretty noisy and I don't want to bother swapping disks anymore. I still have the hard copies of prologue, gt4/5/6 (and my original "fat" PS3 to play them) but I'm breaking tradition and going digital this time around. Just can't decide if I should get delux version or not.

I think the way forward is digital for me now especially this year. It has taken me years to get here and move on from disc but with the internet speed and unlimited options now and plus the option of external drives which are now available it has transformed the 'ease of use' . I picked up 4tb seagate. I had quite a few discs that get scratched etc in the past and I know I will use this game for a while.

P s I might wait 6months_12 months and pick up a very cheap steel/limited disc edition for my collection/spare. 👍 ( I still need a steel disc case just to look at for nostalgia;)) :gtpflag:

@BrainsBush once you start one digital game it gets addictive to then look on the store on sale days. :sly:

I have not pre-ordered yet as I live in UK and the different editions dont really explain what your getting or missing out on.
I would like to recieve ALL the digital content but would rather not buy a disc.
If someone has a link to the differences or can explain it?

I have not pre-ordered yet as I live in UK and the different editions dont really explain what your getting or missing out on.
I would like to recieve ALL the digital content but would rather not buy a disc.
If someone has a link to the differences or can explain it?
Here you go: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/preorder/ Scroll down for all the info :)

And while I'm here, I don't often pre-order but I wanted the Collectors Edition so I did this time. Lucky for me I did, it's sold out in my region.

Yeah I had pre ordered the Collectors long ago but on amazon there is always the options to cancel. After looking at the information I reckon I will go with it too. Althought I kinda agree with the person who said it better to start from nothing. I also remeber really enjoying having the bonus cars in GT5.
Yeah but I would far prefer the Digital edition but what exactly am I missing out on there?
Its hard to tell from the Info page.

Yeah I had pre ordered the Collectors long ago but on amazon there is always the options to cancel. After looking at the information I reckon I will go with it too. Althought I kinda agree with the person who said it better to start from nothing. I also remeber really enjoying having the bonus cars in GT5.
Yeah but I would far prefer the Digital edition but what exactly am I missing out on there?
Its hard to tell from the Info page.
The digital versions are further down the page. The plain one is just the game and the Digital Deluxe has these;
Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

I just pre-ordered the digital deluxe...I've been hesitating between starting from 0 or with cars and 2m Cr. ...for 10€ I chose the "upgrade".

Nonetheless it's sad that GT has become a game in which you can start with some bonuses, looks like the career mode won't be the same as before, let's hope the online worth it.

I pre-order both digital deluxe and disc deluxe so that I can have best of both.

Twice the same ! lol Not to be nosy but...why ? :-)

Back