GT Sport- Pre order thread

• Thread starter torque99
  • 374 comments
I would think PD will release their DLC plans at Tokyo Game Show next week.

Anyone who's bought season passes is well aware there's plenty of filler content to make up the numbers, i.e different spec's of the same car. Very little is seriously worthwhile.

Last edited:
They have no idea (SMS) what content and when, just numbers.

And PD should, they REALLY SHOULD give for free majority (I didnt say all) of any content in first year -so how to charge people for pass when they SHOULD give majority for free.

But that part you ignore to allow for your... "spin".
Spin implies taking facts and twisting them. I stated a fact and gave my opinion that PD should be able to do the same. Which facts dod i twist. I'd also like a source that SMS is simply shooting in the dark on the seasonpass/DLC. I'd also like to know why PD SHOULD give away the majority of content for free in any time period.

Should means in my opinion they Should! But you twisting it or spinning it into implying like I said they WILL... Is bad, imo

Should means in my opinion they Should! But you twisting it or spinning it into implying like I said they WILL... Is bad, imo
What are you even talking about? You're the only one trying to spin anything here. Nothing of the sort was insinuated, yet you keep trying to put your own spin on it as if it was.

Why is it they should be giving away their content for free? That's a lot of work and man hours, and effort that went into those. Now should they all be paid? No, they can sprinkle in some free content here and there, but that will likely be very small compared to the paid output.

It says why I think they should - in my original post. I am unable to continue reading or replying to your or Johhny's post. You have bested me so thoroughly I must run away from you.

Good bye.

It says why I think they should - in my original post. I am unable to continue reading or replying to your or Johhny's post. You have bested me so thoroughly I must run away from you.

Good bye.
Just because you think there's a lack of content doesn't mean it validates that content should be free. I'm sure they'll be some free content, just don't expect it to be vast.

Guys, deluxe cars version are exclusive, or we can unlock in base version?

I remember the first project cars and the cars locked in the limited steelbox, is the same situation?

(as always sorry if i am a grammar nazi)

Guys, deluxe cars version are exclusive, or we can unlock in base version?

I remember the first project cars and the cars locked in the limited steelbox, is the same situation?

(as always sorry if i am a grammar nazi)

You can buy them in the game.

A mate of mine who's been beta testing P CARS 2 had another mate of mine round to try it out with Oculus. Then the other night we were both watching P CARS 2 videos on You Tube. Then today he came round & announced that he's cancelled his GT Sport pre-order & pre-ordered P CARS 2 instead! He's been a loyal fan of the series since the first game & has bought every sinlge one of them; until now. We spent the afternoon on P CARS 1 in the G40 doing the career mode, & it was a steep learning curve coming from GT games, but he loved it. The tide is turning...

VBR
A mate of mine who's been beta testing P CARS 2 had another mate of mine round to try it out with Oculus. Then the other night we were both watching P CARS 2 videos on You Tube. Then today he came round & announced that he's cancelled his GT Sport pre-order & pre-ordered P CARS 2 instead! He's been a loyal fan of the series since the first game & has bought every sinlge one of them; until now. We spent the afternoon on P CARS 1 in the G40 doing the career mode, & it was a steep learning curve coming from GT games, but he loved it. The tide is turning...

From anecdotal evidence to a tide turning situation is quite a stretch don't you think? I'm sure everyone is aware that some traditional gt players will buy pC2 or even move to pC2. We also have people who hated pC1 and are waiting for GTS. Too soon to say tides are turning... the games are not even out yet.

VBR

Your mate turned the tide?

VBR

Those Ginettas are super fun!

The PCars2 review scores are really high. I think only the brand name, the marketing, and the nice graphics will sell GTS. A good damage model and online rating system could save GTS, but I'm worried that no improvements have been shown or discussed since beta. The car and track variety compared to PCars2 is embarrassing. :(

VBR

It's more like a ripple, with a genuine question mark over whether PCars 2 will do better than the first game, given reception, and stronger competition.
1505670600-picsay.jpg

Pre-ordered GT Sport. Why? GT5 and 6 provided me with a combo of quirkiness and extraordinarily well-thought out design that I really enjoy. Yes, the schedule issues disappointed, but not as much as the horrible design decisions in Forza 5 and 6. So I trust them to deliver an ongoing good experience with GTS, a trust that was strong enough to cause me to order a PS4 Pro this week.

I absolutely can't trust Turn 10 to deliver a pleasurable experience with Forza 7 based on 5 and 6. My Xbox One will continue to be an Elder Scrolls and Fallout platform, but no more racing. Forza died after FM4 for me

So this is a moment of platform change. GT5 and 6 were a flirtation, affordable on second hand PS3s. An experiment which was very rewarding.

That said, I also preordered Project Cars 2. At a minimum, it will fill a gap in time. More likely, it will round out the driving experience while GTS matures

do ALL pre-orders come with the Pace Car pack? As in, it doesnt matter what version of the game you get, or where you pre-order from?

Thanks for the info. A shame, as i certainly cant afford that. Hopefully these packs are just of the 'early access' type, and we can still earn the pace cars in-game? Really want to paint the M3 version.

Welp. Upgraded my monthly internet quota an extra 100GBs so that I can go digital. Will pre-order from US PSN later in October.

Main reason is I have military service :( starting the 21st so I needed as much time with the game as possible before the 30 day camp.

VBR
While I love looking at screenshots & especially in game photos, I dislike taking photos. As pretty as some of them are I also hate the scapes, as there's no skill in trying to create realistic shots if all the backgrounds are actually real. I hope whoever sets up the GT Sport Realistic Photo Thread bans scapes entirely, as it makes the whole point of taking realistic shots null & void.
...makes no sense! Taking an actual photo will, by default, have real backgrounds. Perhaps you mean there's less skill involved in creating something that looks impressive if half of the artistic side has already been done for you? In that sense I agree, but if I'm looking at an image on screen, what's a photo, really? Pixels of colour from a digital camera or pixels of colour rendered on the fly...blurred boundaries these days.

Anyway, somewhat back on track (pun intended!), I did originally have the Amazon Steelbook version on pre-order (currently a snap at £49.99 now, with additional £2 discount if a prime member), mostly for the Golf VII GTI (the very car I own, albeit mine has the correct number of doors based on the number of seats in the car ;)). However, since upgrading my PS4 to a Pro with loads of drive space now, I am going digital deluxe this time. Saves swapping discs, plus it means I get a few goodies up-front and the pleasure of earning my beloved car.

Must admit though, does make me chuckle when people say "I won't pre-order but I'll buy it launch day from a shop", like pre-ordering is taboo and somehow like being peer-pressured. They still get your money anyway!

Seems to be a few cancelling their pre-orders too and opting to go for PC2 and the like. Fairy snuff, I can relate to only having a finite amount of time in my life and so sometimes we need to make a choice. Be interesting to see how many of those pick up a copy in the future when more content is made available. Also be interesting to see how many of us "GTS only for now folk" pick up a cheap copy of PC2 in the future.

...makes no sense! Taking an actual photo will, by default, have real backgrounds. Perhaps you mean there's less skill involved in creating something that looks impressive if half of the artistic side has already been done for you? In that sense I agree, but if I'm looking at an image on screen, what's a photo, really? Pixels of colour from a digital camera or pixels of colour rendered on the fly...blurred boundaries these days.

Actually, what you said makes no sense, as I was talking about taking "realistic" photos in Gran Turismo, & not real life. The realistic photothreads here on GT Planet had some very talented individuals posting in them who could takes shots in GT & make them look very realistic. Obviously, this skill of theirs will be of no consequence in scapes as the backgrounds are real to start off with. Think about it!

I have the Special Edition GT Sport 1TB PS4 Console on pre order from my local GAME store in the UK mainly because..

A) my current PS4 is now nearly 4 years old (had since just before Xmas 2013) and the disc drive keeps ejecting discs while playing games.

B) GT Sport was the only bundle that had a game that interested me as I planned to get the game anyway.

VBR
Actually, what you said makes no sense, as I was talking about taking "realistic" photos in Gran Turismo, & not real life. The realistic photothreads here on GT Planet had some very talented individuals posting in them who could takes shots in GT & make them look very realistic. Obviously, this skill of theirs will be of no consequence in scapes as the backgrounds are real to start off with. Think about it!
I think you’ll find that if you read what I wanted clarifying, I said exactly the same thing - that half of the artistic part has already been done for them.

I’m no photographer so now I’ll be able to create my own half decent “photos”. That’s a win in my book.

I think you’ll find that if you read what I wanted clarifying, I said exactly the same thing - that half of the artistic part has already been done for them.

I’m no photographer so now I’ll be able to create my own half decent “photos”. That’s a win in my book.
Will there not only be the ability to create photos as before without using scapes?

Will there not only be the ability to create photos as before without using scapes?
I’ve no idea my friend, time will tell. Would be good to have both options available for noobs like me and pros who have the skills with the traditional methods. I can’t wait to get my Golf VII GTI and start scaping!

Back