GT Sport- Pre order thread

• Thread starter torque99
  • 374 comments
Unless that car list gets more exciting I won't be buying any version of GT Sport. I'm older so I like older cars. A 2015 Mustang rally car does nothing for me. Likewise, "stickers" and photo mode are wasted space on my systems.

Will the dynamic theme you get when you preorder be available for purchase separately? How much do they usually go for?

I'm now considering waiting for the game to come out first and use promotion code on the digital deluxe which I can't use on preorders.

Does pre ordering grant you access to the beta? I've been trying to sign up for the beta with no success. Just wondering if pre-ordering will guarantee access or not.

Thinking about going digital. Will be so tight for space but at least I'll be able to play from day one and as usual it's going to be my most played game.
I went digital day one this generation.

It's not for everyone, but I have nothing left from my gaming collection going back to the 16 bit Amiga days. What with trade-in's, losses and damage.

3yrs into the generation I've found myself going back to games I would have already traded in. Digital is also great for focusing your mind on what you REALLY want to buy, waiting for sales, and sticking with games until completion. I've found it far more rewarding overall.

For GTS I would think going digital is a no brainer. I do yearn those physical collectors editions......but only as a sealed showpiece. I've not yet double dip on one.

I think you have to definitly be more decisive when going digital just making sure you get a good product. I prefer physical copies and i like to support stores that sell copies but i respect your decision

It's not for everyone, but I have nothing left from my gaming collection going back to the 16 bit Amiga days. What with trade-in's, losses and damage.

3yrs into the generation I've found myself going back to games I would have already traded in. Digital is also great for focusing your mind on what you REALLY want to buy, waiting for sales, and sticking with games until completion. I've found it far more rewarding overall.

For GTS I would think going digital is a no brainer. I do yearn those physical collectors editions......but only as a sealed showpiece. I've not yet double dip on one.

I did the "reserve" at Game Stop, I am not 100% sure I am going to get GTS, it all depends on what is really there for a offline mode, I "reserved" the LE version , and really didnt feel like dropping $70 on a game as pre order that I may not get. So it all depends on the feedback the game gets here.

Reselling and internet quota are the main reasons I stick to physical mostly. I'll only go digital for games that I'll spend a lot of time with and won't need to sell.

PSN has some fantastic sales though, so I've been getting a lot of cheap digital stuff.

I cancelled my Collector's Edition pre-order because compared to PCars2 there is so little content. The GTS CE does not even contain a "season pass" for the DLC. :odd:

I'm not a fan of non-free DLC at all, but with the PCars2 CE I at least get all 4 DLC packs that are planned included. If I'm going to spend €150 on a game, I don't want to be pressured to make any addional purchases in the future. The GTS CE only includes a few extra cars.

@CodeCmdr yeah? But you get that top GTS version for 73 euros - highly doubt you or I or most of anyone would spend 77 more euros later - when we will have freedom to pick and choose exactly only those cars and tracks we want.
In pCARS 2 we do NOT know anything about content inside.

If the DLC is priced decently then I'd welcome this.

I beleive they should invent NEW type of "season pass" because GTS is such specific game... Example: for 20 bucks you get to CHOSE "x" amount of cars and "y" amount of tracks BUT of your own choice - during the life of this "service game"... I've never heard of that before at least.

But classic pass seem impossible, to me.

Maybe it is impossible for GTS to have season pass - they will first work mostly on stabilizing the core of the game and experience for what THEY think GTSport should be.

During that phase I guess some parts of PD will be working on additional content but not primarily?
And after that they will have not much else to do but additional contents.

But how could they judge how much content could they create AND in what time frame - how much to charge then for season pass but be sure they do not under-deliver or over deliver. And how to sell that proposition to gamers??? If they say 20 bucks for any content in next year - what then any time when they release free track or cars - "what will be the reaction of season pass owners"?

If they start charging almost everything - then almost everybody should attack them because game is lacking content of all sorts on release.

But if they give most stuff for free - shouldn't season pass owners attack them for selling a pass?

And if they keep pumping satisfactory amounts of content (I said satisfactory, ok, not amazing, they are sooo wonderfull, but satisfactory amount IF) over next 2-3 years they really can't give all that for 20 bucks. E#ven they might go broke. Or lower their quality down - I would not wont that.

But they also cant promise they will pump out content that would be "satisfactory for all" over 2-3 years and charge more... And if you pay that only to get huge amounts of types of cars "you" don't care about... or types of tracks "you" do not like...?

It maybe better just to pick and choose what one would really like to buy.

I think there is one good thing in this - that they are pushed in position where a lot of stuff they will have to give away free, at least in first year - and that IS WHY they cant have a season pass at all.

@CodeCmdr yeah? But you get that top GTS version for 73 euros - highly doubt you or I or most of anyone would spend 77 more euros later - when we will have freedom to pick and choose exactly only those cars and tracks we want.
In pCARS 2 we do NOT know anything about content inside.

I beleive they should invent NEW type of "season pass" because GTS is such specific game... Example: for 20 bucks you get to CHOSE "x" amount of cars and "y" amount of tracks BUT of your own choice - during the life of this "service game"... I've never heard of that before at least.

But classic pass seem impossible, to me.

Maybe it is impossible for GTS to have season pass - they will first work mostly on stabilizing the core of the game and experience for what THEY think GTSport should be.

During that phase I guess some parts of PD will be working on additional content but not primarily?
And after that they will have not much else to do but additional contents.

But how could they judge how much content could they create AND in what time frame - how much to charge then for season pass but be sure they do not under-deliver or over deliver. And how to sell that proposition to gamers??? If they say 20 bucks for any content in next year - what then any time when they release free track or cars - "what will be the reaction of season pass owners"?

If they start charging almost everything - then almost everybody should attack them because game is lacking content of all sorts on release.

But if they give most stuff for free - shouldn't season pass owners attack them for selling a pass?

And if they keep pumping satisfactory amounts of content (I said satisfactory, ok, not amazing, they are sooo wonderfull, but satisfactory amount IF) over next 2-3 years they really can't give all that for 20 bucks. E#ven they might go broke. Or lower their quality down - I would not wont that.

But they also cant promise they will pump out content that would be "satisfactory for all" over 2-3 years and charge more... And if you pay that only to get huge amounts of types of cars "you" don't care about... or types of tracks "you" do not like...?

It maybe better just to pick and choose what one would really like to buy.

I think there is one good thing in this - that they are pushed in position where a lot of stuff they will have to give away free, at least in first year - and that IS WHY they cant have a season pass at all.
As has been said 1000 times before, the people working on modeling aren't the people working on coding the game. The whole, "they will first work on this before working on that", is incorrect. Cars and tracks will continue to be modeled from day 1 of release and right on through until the next game. There's no reason they can't release content while still working on patching up the game and/or adding further features and functionality. If a much smaller developer, less well funded developer like SMS can plan out DLC 4 releases in advance and already know it'll contain 32 cars and 4 tracks, there's zero reason PD can't do the same. If they don't, it's a deliberate choice not to.

As has been said 1000 times before, the people working on modeling aren't the people working on coding the game. The whole, "they will first work on this before working on that", is incorrect. Cars and tracks will continue to be modeled from day 1 of release and right on through until the next game. There's no reason they can't release content while still working on patching up the game and/or adding further features and functionality. If a much smaller developer, less well funded developer like SMS can plan out DLC 4 releases in advance and already know it'll contain 32 cars and 4 tracks, there's zero reason PD can't do the same. If they don't, it's a deliberate choice not to.

They have no idea (SMS) what content and when, just numbers.

And PD should, they REALLY SHOULD give for free majority (I didnt say all) of any content in first year -so how to charge people for pass when they SHOULD give majority for free.

But that part you ignore to allow for your... "spin".

They have no idea (SMS) what content and when, just numbers.
Citation required.

And PD should, they REALLY SHOULD give for free majority (I didnt say all) of any content in first year -so how to charge people for pass when they SHOULD give majority for free.
Should doesn't mean they will. PD have an unfortunate track record when it comes to DLC.

But that part you ignore to allow for your... "spin".
Play the ball not the man.

Back