GT Sport Release Dates October 17-19. 2017

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 192 comments
Man, after GT5 press shots I thought i can't look any better but now... This is ridiculous!
i188fGN59YFmg7E.jpg

i13iuOhXqUQRJ7E.jpg

i1OIFgxEQ7T5W7c.jpg

Also this:
"The interior of a car is filled with a variety of sounds, including engine sounds, transmission noise, exhaust sound, road noise, wind noise and more. In Gran Turismo Sport, not only are real world cars are bench tested and recorded in optimal environments, a sound simulator has been developed in collaboration with the audio technology department of Sony Corp in order to recreate an ‘optimal sound’ that even takes into account the mechanism behind human aural recognition."

Woohoo! finally I've been coming here checking for the release date for ages lol. Glad its October I was expecting November or December great news.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170714_0012.png
    wp_ss_20170714_0012.png
    45 KB · Views: 13
Man, after GT5 press shots I thought i can't look any better but now... This is ridiculous!
Also this:
"The interior of a car is filled with a variety of sounds, including engine sounds, transmission noise, exhaust sound, road noise, wind noise and more. In Gran Turismo Sport, not only are real world cars are bench tested and recorded in optimal environments, a sound simulator has been developed in collaboration with the audio technology department of Sony Corp in order to recreate an ‘optimal sound’ that even takes into account the mechanism behind human aural recognition."

I was about to post that. My Home Theater is ready...

As if I wasn't eager and excited already, the announcement of the final release date has only added to that. Was a little earlier than I expected too, which is a bonus, plus it's enough time to allow me to get a PS4, after I sort a few other things IRL, and make sure my financial status is ready :lol:.

Interesting to see we have new info with regards to the number of tracks and cars. Though the 150+ plus is not too surprising, given we know Kaz said they were working on more cars. Great to see that the ability to share liveries has been confirmed, as the whole livery editor looks promising so far. Otherwise, I can't wait :D.

as a Canadian consumer, I welcome this additional charge to my high debt at recently risen interest rate.

Should I buy the PS4 today, or will it be in stock still come October?

decisions...(that don't really matter) , as this will be my last ever Sony purchase in this lifetime(call it an age thing).

original.jpg

Very risky move releasing just 2 weeks after Forza 7. But being GT the casuals will still lap it up regardless.

Yeah, I'm a mainly headphone user so it's awesome news! I'm also in very minority that actually like how GTS sounds - accurate, not distorted, very "alive" and no hollywood-engine-sound ********. Also sound is camera-dependent.

Indeed. I love it too.
You have great sounding games in the market, but is like you're hearing the car without the helmet and with your ear in the engine, as with every other game out there.
Even with bad sounds GT always got that right for me. Now, with GT Sport, they seemed to figured it out.
At least with the beta, the cars sound actually really good. Not all of them, but you can see and particularly hear they're finally adressing the issue.
Hearing races at 45 volume with my HT is just OUTSTANDING. I can't imagine how good is going to be this time around with the final game :)

PLUS some new images:

i1Fe6sYvTASOdG.jpg
i15jZXH7SkVCN.jpg

Time to put away the wife and the kids!
here is a life pro tip: have them try it first at version 1.0, it will be such a buggy experience that they'll be highly reluctant to ever come back for more, leaving you to enjoy it in peace in all of its 24 updates later.

As if I wasn't eager and excited already, the announcement of the final release date has only added to that. Was a little earlier than I expected too, which is a bonus, plus it's enough time to allow me to get a PS4, after I sort a few other things IRL, and make sure my financial status is ready :lol:.

Interesting to see we have new info with regards to the number of tracks and cars. Though the 150+ plus is not too surprising, given we know Kaz said they were working on more cars. Great to see that the ability to share liveries has been confirmed, as the whole livery editor looks promising so far. Otherwise, I can't wait :D.
Yes, I am very happy and eager to hear about the excess cars, as I'm still crossing fingers for Open Wheel Cars!

C'mon Kaz :).

Back