GT Sport Release Dates October 17-19. 2017

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 192 comments
Is this a new rally track?

cRWyDn.png

Well at least it isn't 100GB like FM7.
You could say that again, but it's obviously inevitable that GT Sport will get numerous updates and DLC and that size will only get larger and larger. Think COD: Black Ops III, it was originally around 55GB but was swollen up to around 88.46GB.

I wonder, after that, GT7 will take up an unrealistic amount of space that would put those who own a 500GB PS4 in jeopardy.

Very risky move releasing just 2 weeks after Forza 7. But being GT the casuals will still lap it up regardless.
I do not understand your reasoning, other than an inherit distaste of anything Gran Turismo says or does. May you please elaborate on how releasing a platform-exclusive game is risky because a different platform-exclusive game also releases two weeks prior?

Does anyone know, I pre-ordered in the US Sep/Oct 2015, at the time only the 'standard' edition was available. Is there anyway to change a pre-order to another version? I recall reading that Sony does not offer refunds for pre-orders, so I am not sure if there is any way to change the order.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked the playstation store and it looks like I can just pay the $20 difference to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition 👍

I do not understand your reasoning, other than an inherit distaste of anything Gran Turismo says or does. May you please elaborate on how releasing a platform-exclusive game is risky because a different platform-exclusive game also releases two weeks prior?

Probably being too charitable but, I'd guess that the reasoning is that Forza 7 may receive numerous accolades from the gaming press at release, which one way or the other, will influence how GTS is perceived and received.
They'd be compared regardless of time frame, but being close to each other could have a stronger effect.

But frankly, it is as risky as releasing less than a month away from PCARS2. Or Mario Odyssey.

GTS will live and die by its own merits (and marketing push).

"17 locations are provided with 28 different layouts."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/

So:

Nurburgring - 3 (GP, Nordschleife, 24h)
Brands Hatch - 2 (Grand Prix, Indy Circuit)
Willow Springs - 3 (Big Willow, Streets of Willow, Horse Thief Mile)
Suzuka - 2 (Full, East)
Interlagos - 1
Bathurst - 1
Northern Isle Speedway - 1
Blue Moon Bay - 1
Tokyo Expressway - 1?
Fisherman's Ranch - 1?
Dragon Trail Raceway - 1?
Sardegna Windmills - 1?
Lake Maggiore - 1?

There's 13 locations and at least 19 layouts there already.

The 4 remaining locations could be:

Red Bull Ring - 2 (Full, Short)
La Sarthe - 2 (Le Mans, Bugatti?)
Silverstone - 4 (Grand Prix, International, National, Stowe)
Spa-Francorchamps - 1

But if there's a new rally location then one of those 4 is not gonna make it.

edit: There is a new rally location in the trailer, "Colorado Springs"

Last edited:
Release date 10/17. Postponement date 9/17. LOL, plenty of newbies here? ;)

Good greef. Name 1sequel that wasn't delayed. PD is notorious, immho, in not delivering when and what they say. Honestly, I'm not hating. But the hype for this series drives me incredibly dizzy.

I just cain't get behind more of nothing or better put, less of everything. Yep, I get it. Better looks and modernized automobilia. But I think I read somewhere here that GT6 is the last encyclopedic version of this series. Hope will continue for me that this is not true because I expect 7 to be a full edition with all the bells (Bspec) and wristles (IN GAME track creator).

Still... wondering if I should buy a PS4 now rather than later... LMBAO!.. just in case ;)

I am happy for all yall and will continue to visit.

PRe-ordered the Digital Deluxe along with my Digital Game #whynot

What I want to know is, is the Apex book largely the same as the Apex book from GT5 (that I still use today, haha).

Jerome

Back