GT Sport Reviews

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 578 comments
1. Doesn't answer the question.
2. We're talking mainly about Kaz here not Sony or PDI. You're essentially saying Kaz should be evaluated differently because he's a dreamer. Why do dreamers get held to a different standard of truthfulness than other developers?

Johnnypenso why do you think Kaz is held at a different standard than other developers?

Im going to the deep end with this, but lets use an example my former employer used.

Say you have to give your wallet to a person to look after it. An untrustworthy person will take the money from the wallet where Unreliable person will loose your wallet no matter how hard he tries to keep it safe. I wouldnt use "trustworthy" lightly.

That is not a valid answer, you implied that someone evaluates Kaz differently. what kind of evidence can you back your statement?
What part of it isn't valid? I can't answer for why the public thinks he should be held to a higher standard. As for implying someone evaluates Kaz differently, the evidence is his own words in the quote.

Why do dreamers get held to a different standard of truthfulness than other developers?

You said it there - truthfulness. As if someone isn't telling the truth. Its not like they know they are going to fail when they set the goals. They are just optimistic.

Doesn't answer the question
Actually it does. This online potential is something most racing games dont have. It is the part people easily miss if they are too busy looking for something else.

For opinion, I still think GTS has a great foundation for great online racing, but if one is looking for classic car collecting and career id gladly recommend Forza 7. Gran Turismo isnt quite in that genre anymore.

Last edited:
What part of it isn't valid? I can't answer for why the public thinks he should be held to a higher standard. As for implying someone evaluates Kaz differently, the evidence is his own words in the quote.

no, I don't think you understand the question. You made a bold statement and don't have anything to support your argument when it comes to the reviews of GTS. I'm asking you to support your argument.

You have proved that true because you're using your experience, something that made that opinion come true
Experiencing something does not make it fact. Experience does not make opinion true. And here is why. Opinion is just a consequence of an experience. Life is full of them, and they are personal. If I have a bad experience with some person, I will form negative opinion about that person. But that doesn't mean that person is indeed bad. Let me ask you this: Racist people have negative opinion of people of other race - do you really think that those opinions are based on facts?

You said it there - truthfulness. As if someone isn't telling the truth. Its not like they know they are going to fail when they set the goals. They are just optimistic.

Actually it does. This online potential is something most racing games dont have. It is the part people easily miss if they are too busy looking for something else.
So when Kaz says NOTHING is missing he's somehow being optimistic?

So everyone lined up one by one on amazon to fall off a bridge. something fishy is going on down there..

one-direction-jump-off-cliff-photo.jpg
Do you understand what Verified Purchaser means when it comes to Amazon reviews?

Johnnypenso why do you think Kaz is held at a different standard than other developers?
Logical fallacy, assumes he is held o a different standard. Establish that he is first.

And that potential is?

What is it doing that others are not or have failed at?

Reading comprehension and debate really isn’t your strong point is it?

I will not answer to your disrespectful insult. I will answer some questions but not ones filled with banter, these personal insults will get you nowhere. what kind of substance does that comment add to the topic of this thread?

I will not answer to your disrespectful insult. I will answer some questions but not ones filled with banter, these personal insults will get you nowhere. what kind of substance does that comment add to the topic of this thread?
I'm calling it as I see it. You asked, 'you implied that someone evaluates Kaz differently. what kind of evidence can you back your statement?'

I replied, 'The post he replied to?', meaning you look at the post he replied to which said, 'Success, effectiveness, value, ability.. yes - "trustworthiness" not so much. I doubt they are making these claims without intention to fulfill them. Kaz and PDI are just hopeless optimists lacking enough focus.'

There's your evidence.

Oh and I'm still waiting for a reply to this.
I disagree, someone with money in their pocket has enough sense to know what they are buying imo. I think you have tricked yourself into believing your opinion as fact that the game is not worthy. others might not share your same opinionated facts. snap out of this delusion my friend.
The evidence is there for you to read. More than 50% of the ratings are one star reviews. Go and read the reviews on both of those sites and you will see lots of people saying exactly that.

Seems you conveniently ignored. And these two instances make me believe that reading comprehension and debate are not your strong points. So there is no disrespectful insult, just forming an opinion of you based on your own writing.

Experiencing something does not make it fact. Experience does not make opinion true.
Good thing I haven't insinuated as much
So are you saying that you have no factual evidence to him being untrustworthy
Usually opinions are based around some kind of fact.
so I stated that usually opinions are based around some kind of fact at least.
I've clearly said that experience and opinion has at least some factual evidence to back it, otherwise, how'd you make an educated guess on the subject? This isn't what's going on with your opinion though. Kaz has been untruthful, and we've both seen it and experienced it. It's happening, it's a fact that it happened, and it's not an opinion that he wasn't. Was he not truthful about everything? No, but there are certain aspects that it wasn't. This is less of an opinion, and more so acknowledging something that actually happened.

Racist people have negative opinion of people of other race - do you really think that those opinions are based on facts?
No correlation between what is actually being and this. Stop grasping for straws.

For opinion, I still think GTS has a great foundation for great online racing, but if one is looking for classic car collecting and career id gladly recommend Forza 7. Gran Turismo isnt quite in that genre anymore.
Being optimistic doesn't give you a pass on being honest or accurate.
So you're saying that in a game that is marketed towards eSports, in an age in which virtually all games are played online to some degree, people will buy GTS and not see the online potential?

no, I don't think you understand the question. You made a bold statement and don't have anything to support your argument when it comes to the reviews of GTS. I'm asking you to support your argument.
Sorry, I don't follow. What bold statement am I making about the reviews of GTS?

So you are suggesting that many of the verified purchasers on amazon would spend their hard earned money on a copy of the game just so they could leave a bad review?

A lot of the bad reviews appear to come from people who haven't even bought the game and are simply jumping on the bandwagon, this does happen, especially when fanboys are involved.

Sure I can answer that for you with an example: going on amazon to buy forza and giving it a negative review.
So why on earth have you described negative GTS reviews, a massive amount of which are from verified purchasers as fishy, and why for that matter have you used Forza as an example when we are talking about GTS?

Is it actually that hard for you to understand that people who have actually bought it don't like it?

A lot of the bad reviews appear to come from people who haven't even bought the game and are simply jumping on the bandwagon, this does happen, especially when fanboys are involved.
As we see from these very boards everyday.

However, we were discussing verified purchasers. Do you know what they are?

No they are really not.

Filtering the amazon.co.uk reviews into verified only ones we get 23 positive ones and 61 negative ones, with 3 in the middle.

Doing the same on .com sees 43 positive, 140 negative and 8 in the middle.

So please don;t just make things up.

Do you apply the same to the non verified good reviews?

Oh and don't use the phrase Fanboy here, we can do without the flame bait. Use it again and the post will be deleted and a warning issued.

Last edited:
As we see from these very boards everyday.

However, we were discussing verified purchasers. Do you know what they are?

No they are really not.

Do you apply the same to the non verified good reviews?

Oh and don't use the phrase Fanboy here, we can do without the flame bait. Use it again and the post will be deleted and a warning issued.

The verified purchasers are a different story, they're clearly frustrated that this game isn't what they were expecting (despite 90% of the marketing suggesting that it was an eSport/online-centric game.)

The verified purchasers are a different story, they're clearly frustrated that this game isn't what they were expecting (despite 90% of the marketing suggesting that it was an eSport/online-centric game.)
Ding, ding, ding! We finally get there. After a couple of pages and a number members twisting and contorting their arguments we finally get someone to admit the real situation. Lots of people giving bad reviews because they are disappointed with the game even though they could have found out more info if they had looked. Expect @CopperySinger to be along in a minute to claim that, 'you have tricked yourself into believing your opinion as fact that the game is not worthy.'

And given that negative verified reviews massively outweigh positive ones shows this is not manufactured criticism as you implied.

So why on earth have you described negative GTS reviews, a massive amount of which are from verified purchasers as fishy, and why for that matter have you used Forza as an example when we are talking about GTS?

Is it actually that hard for you to understand that people who have actually bought it don't like it?

you only asking open door questions "is the glass half empty or is the glass half full" you don't know what I understand by drawing your own conclusions. I suggest you reform your question and make it more specific based from my responses.

As much as I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and think highly of it, Sony/Polyphony would be stupid not to consider some of the negative feedback.

I understand and appreciate what they're trying to achieve with this game, but as with anything, people generally don't take kindly to sudden or dramatic change. Polyphony should have eased people in, by offering a more traditional career mode, but still introducing all these new elements, especially around sportsmanship and eSports racing.

Given they already have so much of it in place, would it really have been so hard to just put together a career mode that is essentially just a collection of races from the content already present?

Hopefully they make a mends through free updates and DLC.

Back