GT Sport to not feature single player 'career' events/races?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Samus, May 23, 2016.

?

How would you feel if there was no traditional single player 'career' in GT Sport?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2016.
  1. Not happy and I won't buy a GT game without one

199 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. Not happy but i'll still buy a GT game without one

181 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. I don't mind, if one is there I'll play it but prefer online

50 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. I don't care at all, I don't want/need a single player career, will play online

25 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Sure, but lack of full completion of an offline career is not the same as people rejecting the offline career all together. You'd be fooling yourself if you think the majority of players for any game are taking part online.

I would say completing it in full has different meaning to different people. It could mean completing until the ending credits, or completing all trophies

mister dog likes this.
  2. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Or the average GT player only plays for a few hours here or there and never puts enough time in to complete the game. The number of people that enter Seasonals is incredibly low given the size of the player base and the rewards given, if GT5 stats are anything to go by. I think it indicates that most GT players are extremely casual, rarely venture online and prefer racing against weak AI in a handful of races here and there.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Are there stats for GT1-4? Because I know I completed those games, deleted them ( memory cards for PS1&2 games; GTPSP as well)more than 3 times and started again. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :)

4. Imari

Imari

Of course not. They're before trophies and online tracking. Any data would be a completely skewed data set.

5. 05XR8

05XR8

I know I know. Just saying. :cheers:

6. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Since not every ps3 or 4 is connected to the internet so is the Trophy tracking data.

Rotorist likes this.
  7. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It's a large enough sample to be more than statistically significant of the relevant gaming population.

Imari likes this.
  8. Imari

Imari

Of course it is, but because people aren't self selecting for a single game it's likely to be at least broadly representative.

9. Rotorist

Rotorist

I have GT6 main game completion at 99% but I would play for months if it had endurance or more races or longer ones or better AI.

10. AleksandarSRB

AleksandarSRB

I spend 90% of my time playng offline... Also I wont pay for PS+ just to play online, it should be free like on PS3... Good to know that for World of tanks you don't need to buy PS+... That only online oriented game that I play...

Time_Cop likes this.
  11. Samus

Samus

Given it's a first part title designed to earn Sony money I'd say i'm 99% sure GT Sport will require PS+ for all online activity.

mister dog likes this.
  12. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

You may be on to something with that. :odd: Anyone who has a PS4 knows what costs and what doesn't when it comes to online play. The little yellow + icon is a bit of a clue.

13. Omarahmed

Omarahmed (Banned)

I'm a realist and understand the PS+ is amazing value for money.... they could charge me $100 and I would be happy to pay. When people can afford a PS4 then the can sure afford to pay a small annual fee for an online service

14. Imari

Imari

$60 is another game. That's not trivial.

15. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

It's also worth pointing out that, at least in Canada, Plus now costs more than a year's worth of XBL Gold. Not only was Gold a long time whipping boy for PlayStation gamers — some of which have unsurprisingly changed their tune — but XBL tends to offer better free games each month than Sony's shovelware.

Just this year alone, I've got The Crew, Forza Horizon 1, and Burnout Paradise for free.

As @Imari said, the online subscriptions mean one less game per year. I wouldn't call that insignificant for all people.

Imari and Brend like this.
  16. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Last time I checked the UK PSN 12 months sub was down from £39.99 to £31.99.

17. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Speak for yourself, even though I've played great games due to plus I'd happily get back to the PS3 days with free online, also 60$ is a lot of money in alot of countries.

GTSport online will require plus no question about it.

Sonygamer455, Imari and Time_Cop like this.
  18. Brend

Brend Premium

No Rocket League though... ;)

19. Not necessarily true. Though if it were not for PSN+ i would never have played Rocket League or Tricky Towers or Helldivers which are great games.

20. Omarahmed

Omarahmed (Banned)

Not necessarily but 99.99999999 true

I don't care what your situation is, if you got money to buy a PS4 you got money for ps+.

And if you ain't got money for it then you need to seriously man up and sort out your priorities in life

21. Tornado

Tornado

Then you also have no right to comment to that effect

22. Omarahmed

Omarahmed (Banned)

I can comment cos I'm right....

But boys have there feelings hurt easily from plain English.... get over it

23. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

:lol:

Sure you are.

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  24. Samus

Samus

Hmm, could you perhaps be an Australian who likes HSV?

RealAussieHSV likes this.
  25. Tornado

Tornado

So you have taken all of the socioeconomic factors into account for why someone could justify a PS4 purchase, cross referenced that with the people who have purchased PS4s but not PS+ subscriptions, rooted out the demographics who just might not be interested in a PS+ subscription (like those who bought or received a PS4 as a gift, or those who refuse to pay based on the value compared to last generation); and have all of that information handy to present here?

Because if you don't, then... well, it's pretty hard to definitively claim you are right about dick, isn't it?

Doubt it. His spelling was much better. Posting style is pretty different too, and we haven't even been lectured yet.

lancia delta hf and ImaRobot like this.
  26. Omarahmed

Omarahmed (Banned)

Yes yes and yes.

Thanks for the attention.
    Thank you.
    God bless.

27. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

That's a bold claim. Since it's 99.99999999 true, I'm sure you won't mind posting some stats to back it up.

28. Omarahmed

Omarahmed (Banned)

That is the stats..... numbers for you mate. Don't ask me what numbers are next. Lool

What do you mean by stats BTW.... and why do you need stats. I know it will help you make your mind firm in belief.

Gimme your stats if you have any worthy of posting.
    What are your stats
    :)

29. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

The reason people ask for sources/statistics is to make sure others aren't pulling things out of their butt and placing it on the table.

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  30. queleuleu

queleuleu

It's not a matter of money... I was happy with my huge career in GT and the long story in GTA. Let me be an old fashioned guy and stay offline, far from any microtransactions.

Sonygamer455 and AleksandarSRB like this.