GT Sport to not feature single player 'career' events/races?

• Thread starter Samus
  • 637 comments

How would you feel if there was no traditional single player 'career' in GT Sport?

• Not happy and I won't buy a GT game without one

Votes: 199 43.7%
  • Not happy but i'll still buy a GT game without one

Votes: 181 39.8%
  • I don't mind, if one is there I'll play it but prefer online

Votes: 50 11.0%
  • I don't care at all, I don't want/need a single player career, will play online

Votes: 25 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you saying correct grammar and punctuation is just courtesy?

It is, in the same way that not shouting at people and waving your arms is when you're talking to them. Technically you can still communicate that way, but you're not going to get much of a conversation.

Think about what you want to say, and then put it succinctly. If you're having trouble typing, you should know that your points could be made much more briefly (and with less ranting) than you do. Everybody wins.

No, more so that a lot of people use a cell phone. Its no excuse, and doesn't mean you get to bypass anything because of it.

Just put a little more effort into the way you structure your post.

Yeah ok, obviously you don't get the issues I do or you wouldn't say that. What would I know? Iam just the one about to smash my phone in frustration every time it happens. Tell me what I should do as everyone seems to know more about me than I do.

@torque 99

Well my others don't see it that way and shoot me down for just having a different opinion to others. Can't understand why they didn't do the same for this post as it's basically the point I was trying to make. Am I missing something here? Do I have to be liked before I can safely post my opinions or something? Got my all confused.

@Emmcee I understood what you were saying of course and i don't think it is to do with likes or who anyone is, I would say looking at your posts it isn't easy to read such large chunks of text and your replies came across in attack mode (even though you didn't mean them to be) so I guess this and the grammar is what caused them to react. If possible I would try to press return to break up the text on your phone, and it is fine to have a difference of opinion that is what forums are for 👍:cheers:

Sony have to endorse the product to use on there system so to some degree they will have a say in what they product will be stated at.

You on your 360 would've had a heck of a lot of decent racing games to play though am I right? Because I've still got a 360 and the selection of wheel supported games is immense.

Back onto online though, you are right that consumers have a say on wether they buy it or not but when your a racing fan and one of the biggest titles ever is apparently online only and there's only a handful of racing games available for consoles ATM, is a kick in the guts and that's the point Iam trying to make. You can't have limited selection and expect people to fork out hundreds of dollars on wheels and rig setups simply because they have an interest, that's simply unfair and wrong. Yeah I know it's not about what's right or wrong but its people's attitude that have allowed companies to do this and they feed of this so called lazy attitude and run it like a regime. When it's put into context and put up against something you do everyday, would you like to be told what to do? Not many would but that's the way it is. That's why my brother left ea after seven years as a games developer as it's not about the artist or creativity anymore, it's about getting everything done half a$$ed, getting it out there, fixing it with more bugged and rushed patches and then charging people for more content. Could you imagine back in the day if people playing mega drives and super nintendos had to pay extra for more content on a game they already purchased? They would've flipped. The industry wouldn't be so big today if they didn't cater for vast majority of gamers like they did back then. Even if it wasn't what you liked, the vast options of alternatives compared to today was outstanding so you were satisfied one way or another. I know licensing today has a lot to do with it but they have that stitched up to so your forced into this stand over regime if you want to play and it goes against everything this industry had when it started. Back then companies made games for the love of making games and not for the love of money. This is so easily seen by how many bugs and issues today's games have with the technology available compared to say 20 odd years ago when on scale, the tech available was much less the same.

For the lack of my english i can't go deep in the argument, but if i remember well gt5 was the worst gt that i have played,and that because my internet connection was from a pen drive wifi and was unplayable, i used gt5 from december 2011 to june 2013, in a continuos frustrating situation!, people that i meet online that throw me out, don't gave me a chance to play again,because the lag.
With gt6 came out , my wishes was : i hope of better net stability, or a good offline mode, this two things are happened, and i enjoyed all the life of the game, the online mode is become a very enjoyable thing.
As luck would have it , i buy a adsl wire connection, where my position is very fast ,no more lag and many hours spent online, i forgot the
off-line mode , only used to try some setups.
Next gt , i hope again for a "good" off-line campaign,but in my mind the on-line is the most important, in a few words , i change my point of view.
There are many games to play , i want give to gt sport a chance, if the tv or net or others stuff went to upgrade, i will try to get what my possibility to purchase in the future,or i'll stay without playing console games,like i done after gt4.
Nobody forced me , but i think the electronics like computer or phone or tv or consoles, will give me always the idea of cold and ruthless things, i'll never compare it to another ,like cars or bicycles,you can't play gt4 online with a ps3 right now, but you can drive your old bike togheter with an electric bike,so you can still enjoy what you have buy from the start,you can't play nintendo version of mariokart with a ps4 wheel,but you can put a new gauge in your old bike or car. or you can fill your own house with olds and news consoles.:cheers:

@Emmcee I understood what you were saying of course and i don't think it is to do with likes or who anyone is, I would say looking at your posts it isn't easy to read such large chunks of text and your replies came across in attack mode (even though you didn't mean them to be) so I guess this and the grammar is what caused them to react. If possible I would try to press return to break up the text on your phone, and it is fine to have a difference of opinion that is what forums are for 👍:cheers:

Finally, thank you, someone who can understand and not go all ape and get personal for difference in opinion. That's all I wanted, I know we can't all agree but it doesn't have to turn into tit for tat and pick on things that have nothing to do with the initial comment. I know my grammar and punctuation is horrid but Iam not going to break up texts and have to sit here think img my phone is frozen for 5 mins just so it can figure out what it's doing. People need to realise double posting isn't always about post count, it's done for a reason and in my situation I think it's a pretty good excuse. I'll try my best.

Yeah ok, obviously you don't get the issues I do or you wouldn't say that. What would I know? Iam just the one about to smash my phone in frustration every time it happens. Tell me what I should do as everyone seems to know more about me than I do.
That's probably why your phone is messed up, so try not doing that. As for what you should do, take your time, like I said.

Finally, thank you, someone who can understand and not go all ape and get personal for difference in opinion. That's all I wanted, I know we can't all agree but it doesn't have to turn into tit for tat and pick on things that have nothing to do with the initial comment. I know my grammar and punctuation is horrid but Iam not going to break up texts and have to sit here think img my phone is frozen for 5 mins just so it can figure out what it's doing. People need to realise double posting isn't always about post count, it's done for a reason and in my situation I think it's a pretty good excuse. I'll try my best.
No one is going "ape" besides you. You got mad that you had to follow the rules of the forum and continued to backlash against everyone because you were told to follow them. It doesn't matter why you double posted, its still the same issue.

For the lack of my English I can't go deep in the argument, but if I remember well GT5 was the worst GT that I have played, and that because my internet connection was from a pen drive Wi-Fi and was unplayable, I used GT5 from December 2011 to June 2013, in a continuos frustrating situation! People that I meet online that throw me out, don't gave me a chance to play again, because the lag.
With GT6 came out, my wishes was: I hope of better net stability, or a good offline mode, this two things are happened, and I enjoyed all the life of the game, the online mode is become a very enjoyable thing.
As luck would have it, I buy a ADSL wire connection, where my position is very fast, no more lag and many hours spent online, I forgot the offline mode, only used to try some setups.
Next GT, I hope again for a "good" offline campaign, but in my mind the online is the most important, in a few words, I change my point of view.
There are many games to play, I want give to GT Sport a chance, if the TV or net or others stuff went to upgrade, I will try to get what my possibility to purchase in the future, or I'll stay without playing console games, like I done after GT4.
Nobody forced me, but I think the electronics like computer or phone or TV or consoles, will give me always the idea of cold and ruthless things, I'll never compare it to another, like cars or bicycles, you can't play GT4 online with a PS3 right now, but you can drive your old bike togheter with an electric bike, so you can still enjoy what you have buy from the start, you can't play Nintendo version of Mario Kart with a PS4 wheel, but you can put a new gauge in your old bike or car. Or you can fill your own house with olds and news consoles.:cheers:
Since @Emmcee is the only one who gets told to shape up and follow the AUP, I wanted to get your attention to this post. I only cleaned it up with capital letters and fixed the punctuations. Don't be so harsh against Emmcee when there are plenty of others who break the AUP every day.
And Emmcee, if your phone starts lagging when you hit Enter, write you post without breaking that wall up until AFTER you're done. If that helps.

We also don;t know the full extent of the daily races, the different chanpionships, etc.
Noting they all exist outside of the "Online" Tab seen here in the public beta.
So they may require Online Connectivity for updates, such as the Seasonal Events,
But once that info is loaded into your local profile, they will probably run and be available Offline.

No. Daily events and championships are part of Sport Mode and clearly run on the server with start times throughout the day. 'Online' tab is just for normal, user operated lobbies. They aren't going to be run offline.

Since @Emmcee is the only one who gets told to shape up and follow the AUP, I wanted to get your attention to this post. I only cleaned it up with capital letters and fixed the punctuations.

I wouldn't be so harsh on someone who clearly doesn't speak English as their first language (he even apologises for it at the start), compared to some he's done quite well.

Less excuses, more problem solving.

Still against the AUP, isn't it?
Why try to get him to change when it's not our job? I remember reading acting like a moderator is also against the AUP.

Technically yes no arguments there. My point is all we've seen is excuses and and complaining about other people/phones vs taking criticism onboard and trying to make an effort.

No one's really tried to act like a mod, more just asked for less wall o text to be able to have an easier time reading the opinions and thoughts being expressed.

Either way I feel like too much time and keystrokes have been devoted to this....

I remember reading that acting like a moderator is also against the AUP.
teach.gif

Why try to get him to change when it's not our job? I remember reading acting like a moderator is also against the AUP.
If that's what you read, than maybe you should stop.

As for those who's first language isn't English, they get asked all the same, although I'm sure they get a bit more leniency with things like spelling, although punctuation I'm not so sure.

Sure spelling and how the sentence is built can be excused as not everything can be translated directly into English. But capital letters and punctuations works the same in English as any other language with latin letters.

But hey how about we get back to the topic, instead of how writing works, shall we?

Sure spelling and how the sentence is built can be excused as not everything can be translated directly into English. But capital letters and punctuations works the same in English as any other language with latin letters.

But hey how about we get back to the topic, instead of how writing works, shall we?

Thank you, there always something to learn.
Sorry me for my bad grammar.
"any other language with latin letters."

No, in Italian you should not put capital letters after the comma, example : Ciao, io sono...(Hi, I am..).

Put plainly, there is no "try my best" when it comes to the AUP. You either can follow the rules posting on your phone, or you can't. If you can't, don't use your phone or suffer the inevitable consequences we all face if we do the same thing. Double posting on a continual basis isn't allowed, you have to adapt because the forum won't adapt to you. We all play by the same set of rules.

They must have a single player career mode i don't want it be gta online missions because it will be ruined. People want to complete it and progress to 100% not waste time doing the same league races till they win. Also the races will be laggy because of someone having loud copyright music on in the background or other members in that persons house or a kid just waiting playing on his i pad and speaking of kids some kids are good at the game most aren't they are brain dead and i don't want a 7 year old in a online league race ramming me with me shaming the little **** to its depression to its fat 40 year old mother with saggy sack and chins if every face moaning at me at the mic resulting into online arguments then me having to do something i won't regret. They must have a normal gt mode single player if they're gonna have career mode online the servers must be hosted the same as how it usually is on gt6 so you know what to join.

I don't want to be racing with a kid or a noob or a gamer from cod doing twitch but a noob to racing games hell i wouldn't even want to race with the slap train doing online career mode.

They must have single player career mode PERIOD!

Thank you, there always something to learn.
Sorry me for my bad grammar.
"any other language with latin letters."

No, in Italian you should not put capital letters after the comma, example : Ciao, io sono...(Hi, I am..).
I hope you weren't offended, I just tried to make a point without making you look bad. It's just that I've read elsewhere that if you don't capitalize things like GT etc you're in trouble with breaking the AUP. :lol:

And yeah your point is really valid, I think what I meant in that context is that the word "I" in English is always capitalized, but not in other languages. :)

Can't be that hard to hit the enter key to break up a wall of text can it?

Also, more assumptions?

Back on topic....I would like to see a pCARS like offline career with multiple championships (with actual points, qualifying, etc) but that doesn't seem to be the focus here unfortunately. GT7 perhaps?

I use my phone too....
Tbf, i have the same problem on Android, i can not create paragraphs or copy+paste.

They must have a single player career mode i don't want it be gta online missions because it will be ruined. People want to complete it and progress to 100% not waste time doing the same league races till they win. Also the races will be laggy because of someone having loud copyright music on in the background or other members in that persons house or a kid just waiting playing on his i pad and speaking of kids some kids are good at the game most aren't they are brain dead and i don't want a 7 year old in a online league race ramming me with me shaming the little **** to its depression to its fat 40 year old mother with saggy sack and chins if every face moaning at me at the mic resulting into online arguments then me having to do something i won't regret. They must have a normal gt mode single player if they're gonna have career mode online the servers must be hosted the same as how it usually is on gt6 so you know what to join.

I don't want to be racing with a kid or a noob or a gamer from cod doing twitch but a noob to racing games hell i wouldn't even want to race with the slap train doing online career mode.

They must have single player career mode PERIOD!

Have you ever raced a GT6 Quick-Match..?
I've not seen a mic in use in any I've raced in.

Have you read any of the other information regarding how drivers will be ranked and matched?
Unless YOU are one of those idiot drivers, then you won;t be matched in races with them.

You also say "People want to complete it and progress to 100%"
Not me, I couldn't give a toss about game completion,
and I bet 90% if not more of the people who own a copy of GT6 have completed the game

Unless YOU are one of those idiot drivers, then you won;t be matched in races with them.

So they say, but there are more games with terrible matchmaking than good matchmaking so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm going to guess public lobbies will be a crap shoot like every other racing game. You may end up in a room with decent players, but the odds are not in your favor.

Hopefully GTS has private lobbies.

Not necessarily. It has been mentioned plenty of times before, but someone can be a good driver and also have friends over, play while intoxicated, or just be a good driver that likes messing around from time to time. Just because there is a matchmaking system, doesn't mean that it will never happen.

Then there is this:
So they say, but there are more games with terrible matchmaking than good matchmaking so I'm not holding my breath.

As for the ranking system, is that something that is restricted to the sanctioned races that are being hosted, or are they going to be in user created lobbies as well? There are plenty of opportunities for things like that to happen.

Have you ever raced a GT6 Quick-Match..?
I've not seen a mic in use in any I've raced in.

Have you read any of the other information regarding how drivers will be ranked and matched?

and I bet 90% if not more of the people who own a copy of GT6 have completed the game
A Hallmark of the GT series for 15+ years has been the ability to fire up the game, be in a race in seconds, and set it up so you can trounce the competition any way you want to. You could do this for dozens and dozens and dozens of different events. I don't think it's far fetched to say that that ability to race and win without consequence in a huge variety of cars and events is an essential element of the GT series to date. Everyone likes to win but there are a few of us, like you and me, that don't care so much about winning and place a greater emphasis on competing hard and fair. Going from winning almost all the time to winning 1/16 times on average (assuming full grids) is not going to sit well with a great many players. It's conceivable, even with matching that some players may never win, or might only win 1/50 or 1/100 races. That's bound to be discouraging for many players.

and I bet 90% if not more of the people who own a copy of GT6 have NOT completed the game

Seems I missed a VERY important word to highlight my point.
thanks for the link,
It proves my theory just how little people care to complete the offline career.
the only trophy with 100% is completing the three Senna Events.

Back