GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
...Clicking on the photo takes me to FB photo album. Didn't dig through it thoroughly, but I'm thinking this Acura racer will appear in either GT:S or GT7.

That GT logo is far too prominently displayed to ignore after all. But other than that, I don't see anything else...

...Clicking on the photo takes me to FB photo album. Didn't dig through it thoroughly, but I'm thinking this Acura racer will appear in either GT:S or GT7.

That GT logo is far too prominently displayed to ignore after all. But other than that, I don't see anything else...
It's a GT logo, not a GT Sport logo. I can see it displayed prominently in many places, doesn't mean it has any connection to GTS.

It's a GT logo, not a GT Sport logo. I can see it displayed prominently in many places, doesn't mean it has any connection to GTS.

...True, but at this point it'd be weird not to associate that logo with upcoming GT games. It can't be refering to GT6, otherwise why not use GT6 logo? And since the car's 2016 model, there's the required The Tenous Connection we all need to jump to conclusions.

And jump I did. :sly:

Maybe it's because the car is in a series sponsored by Gran Turismo.

12492027_10153386273931519_4907387969246657340_o.jpg

Nearest I can find is the #28 Acura was in the 25 hours of thunderhill. It's the only one with the Gran Turismo window banner in the pictures so not an event sponsor. There's a #27 in the same race with an Acura window banner.

http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/photo/main-gallery/28-acura-ilx/

On the previous page, the initial image posted by @Zlork shows a #25 ILX without the GT banner (it has the Acura one instead). Now, we can't be sure it'll end up in GT Sport until we see it in game, but it would be logical to include it in the game (either in GT Sport's beta, the final game, or maybe GT7 depending on how the timing will work out for them).

On the previous page, the initial image posted by @Zlork shows a #25 ILX without the GT banner (it has the Acura one instead). Now, we can't be sure it'll end up in GT Sport until we see it in game, but it would be logical to include it in the game (either in GT Sport's beta, the final game, or maybe GT7 depending on how the timing will work out for them).
That picture is on the screen in front of the car that does have the
GT banner on it.

Click on "comments" :

:)

Meh, already forgot i posted that this morning !
Rolf !!!
Man, i should spend less time on the web, loosing the count of all i do.
Or i start to do alzeimer!!! ;)
Thanks.

Did you talk to anyone in the booth about the GT connection?

Nope, unfortunatly there was no official asside when i went there.

But there was definitly a nice winshield banner of Gran Turismo on the car. :)

You can see other pictures of the boot on my page:
https://www.facebook.com/ZalexRacingTeam/

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Gran Turismo sponsors this particular car instead of an event or series is what intrigues me the most. Not to mention that the render of the car looks suspiciously similar to Gran Turismo.

The fact that Gran Turismo sponsors this particular car instead of an event or series is what intrigues me the most. Not to mention that the render of the car looks suspiciously similar to Gran Turismo.

There is no render. It's a press shot directly from Acura, from March 2015.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo has sponsored many series with cars that have never appeared in the game, why is this one different?
vln-round-1-2015-38-rinaldi-racing-ferrari-f458-gt3-patrick-kaiser-egon-allgauer.jpg

bmw-m235i-racing-car-vln-750x500.jpg

vln-round-10-2015-56-black-falcon-porsche-911-gt3-cup-philipp-eng-manuel-metzger.jpg

Gran Turismo has sponsored many series with cars that have never appeared in the game, why is this one different?
vln-round-1-2015-38-rinaldi-racing-ferrari-f458-gt3-patrick-kaiser-egon-allgauer.jpg

bmw-m235i-racing-car-vln-750x500.jpg

vln-round-10-2015-56-black-falcon-porsche-911-gt3-cup-philipp-eng-manuel-metzger.jpg

I think that was the point. The sponsorship is for a specific car run by a specific team. It's not a blanket sponsorship of a whole series. I think that scenario is what @CLowndes888 thought might be indicative of the car having a greater chance of appearing in the game.

Yes but it could easily be for the same purpose as the banners, to advertise that they are the main sponsor of the car and nothing more.

Then again it could also appear in GT Sport but still, it's just one car. Nothing to get too exciting about.

I think that was the point. The sponsorship is for a specific car run by a specific team. It's not a blanket sponsorship of a whole series.

@Johnnypenso Not to said that the car is confirmed in GTS. But its the fact that GT featuring exactly one car instead of the whole events as usual.

I may be wrong here on this bit, but isn't it advertising a spec series featuring these cars? So in that case, they would indeed be sponsoring every ILX in the spec series. No?

Back