GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Never buy a console for one game, but the PS4 has enough exclusives to merit a purchase.

Trust me you don't have to tell me that twice. I've been boycotting PS4 because I don't agree with Sony's policies, and plus simple fact was no games were really out for it.

Whenever I get a console I must have at least 10 games I want to play for it.

With what's happened with Microsoft it makes it all the more tougher to come back to Sony.

I was extremely hoping for the best with the Crash Bandicoot thing, and you know what it's almost like they said....
yeah it's here will you guys just STFU about it now?" That literally pissed me off. That plus Activision is making it:grumpy::banghead::mad: seriously I really do have RAGE! right now. Crash was like the all-time favorite game of mine, and I played the demo with it and MGS1, Medieval, and GT 1(which is what really got me into the game).

Few scapes from Playstation Underground E3 stream
toyota.jpg amg gt.jpg amg gt3.jpg alfa.jpg bmw z4.jpg audi r8.jpg mx5.jpg evox.jpg gt-r2.jpg gt-r.jpg r8 rs01.jpg audi tts.jpg

Trust me you don't have to tell me that twice. I've been boycotting PS4 because I don't agree with Sony's policies, and plus simple fact was no games were really out for it.

With what's happened with Microsoft it makes it all the more tougher to come back to Sony.

I was extremely hoping for the best with the Crash Bandicoot thing, and you know what it's almost like they said....
yeah it's here will you guys just STFU about it now?" That literally pissed me off. That plus Activision is making it:grumpy::banghead::mad: seriously I really do have RAGE! right now. Crash was like the all-time favorite game of mine, and I played the demo with it and MGS1, Medieval, and GT 1(which is what really got me into the game).

You do realize that Activision owns the rights to Crash Bandicoot, yes?

And just because there isn't a new game yet, that doesn't mean there won't be one coming. They might understandably be trying to gauge interest in a long-dormant series in a long-dormant genre before diving right in.

You do realize that Activision owns the rights to Crash Bandicoot, yes?

And just because there isn't a new game yet, that doesn't mean there won't be one coming. They might understandably be trying to gauge interest in a long-dormant series in a long-dormant genre before diving right in.

I don't know if you'd call it long-dormant last crash game is on PS3/360 in 2010(sadly(not in a good way either)). Also if you read the post you'd see that I know Activision is making it which pisses me off dearly.

Still to my original point I didn't watch E3, but I was thinking that PD might have dropped some nuggets of info on the game to see if it gauge any interest from me.

Kaz mentioned and showed off a feature called Driver Markers. Basically, It puts little green arrows in the air as an aid to tell when you should turn into a corner, where the apex is, and where to track out.
I didn't get any screen captures but someone on here must have seen what I'm talking about right? It was near the end of the interview.

Kaz mentioned and showed off a feature called Driver Markers. Basically, It puts little green arrows in the air as an aid to tell when you should turn into a corner, where the apex is, and where to track out.
I didn't get any screen captures but someone on here must have seen what I'm talking about right? It was near the end of the interview.
Yea I noticed that too. I saw them and thought what the heck are those. Could be very useful in perfecting driving lines.

Also if you read the post you'd see that I know Activision is making it which pisses me off dearly.

I read the post. I saw the bit about Activision.

You're just misunderstanding what I was trying to get at: It's out of Sony's hands, they didn't pick Activision. It's not like it's a surprise, Activision has had the rights since 2008 and the rights have been out of Sony's hands for even longer than that. It was always going to be Activision, unless they decided to sell the rights back to Sony... And that's just not going to happen unless Activision is going bankrupt or something.

But on-topic, those Driver Markers look like a nice feature. Kind of like a connect-the-dots driving line for people who can figure out how/when to use gas & brakes on their own.

I read the post. I saw the bit about Activision.

You're just misunderstanding what I was trying to get at: It's out of Sony's hands, they didn't pick Activision. It's not like it's a surprise, Activision has had the rights since 2008 and the rights have been out of Sony's hands for even longer than that. It was always going to be Activision, unless they decided to sell the rights back to Sony... And that's just not going to happen unless Activision is going bankrupt or something.

Sony never had the rights to Crash. From the very beginning, the rights to the series have been owned by Universal Interactive who eventually merged with Activision in 2008.

But yeah, this is very much off-topic.

Like others have said, Activision has the rights, also this remaster is better news to me and them than a new game. You get 3 Crash games on the PS4 and they get to test the waters and see if there is any interest.

If you want them to make a new crash game you have to buy this.

On topic: Scapes are a very underrated feature so far, what a master stroke, this plus the livery editor = :drool:

Replay paused and screen shotted - that railing

nC37Buv.jpg
The immediate foreground detail is superb, however I'm not that fussed over how much a huge drop it takes just a little way in though. Goes from being super sharp to blurry in an instant and watching the gameplay video I found it quite noticeable and distracting. Probably won't be an issue when actually racing though as I won't be focussed on it, just wish there could be a more gradual transition.

The immediate foreground detail is superb, however I'm not that fussed over how much a huge drop it takes just a little way in though. Goes from being super sharp to blurry in an instant and watching the gameplay video I found it quite noticeable and distracting. Probably won't be an issue when actually racing though as I won't be focussed on it, just wish there could be a more gradual transition.

It's just the emulation of camera depth of field with a large aperture lens setting.
You can see it in the bloom bokeh on the specular sunlight reflections at the background off the cars etc

5467e9b5a5f7f40f8e2bfd35641093e6.jpg

A few scapes I haven't seen before taken from last nights footage (only screen shots so not the best quality) some back grounds so far are the best photos you could think of taking your new car to (and I have only seen a handful not even 50 out of the 1000!) I can see this is where I will spend most of time initially and looking forward to this more than the racing :lol:

Nurburgring (entrance area)
2016-06-15_062723.jpg

Old church at night (so there must be day/night cycle of light or some pics are night)
2016-06-15_062834.jpg

Early morning lighting
2016-06-15_062946.jpg

:bowdown:

@torque99 my thoughts exactly.. i like photomode more than driving ..:)

To me it adds another whole side 'game' or many hours of enjoyment to games, and I am glad more and more games are now following GT and putting them in each game now the graphics have improved and they are getting so real. I hope all new games live up to GT and DClub powerful cameras, as although very good- project cars, NFS and the crew, D rally (screenshots) photomodes were not in the same league. 👍

A few scapes I haven't seen before taken from last nights footage (only screen shots so not the best quality) some back grounds so far are the best photos you could think of taking your new car to (and I have only seen a handful not even 50 out of the 1000!) I can see this is where I will spend most of time initially and looking forward to this more than the racing :lol:

Nurburgring (entrance area)
View attachment 558723

Old church at night (so there must be day/night cycle of light or some pics are night)
View attachment 558724

Early morning lighting
View attachment 558728

:bowdown:

Those GT Sport photomode competitions will be awesome!

Back