GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
The Giulia looks like it might be in an improved Ronda - the background has one of PD's trademark tricks with lots of texture transparency on planar geometry (think the streetlights at Ronda). It was one hell of a large area to model only to abandon, so I'm hoping it returns in its originally intended form: to drive around!

Speaking of transparency, there's a lot of dithered 1-bit alpha masking going on on fences and foliage etc. in these new shots. I was hoping they'd do something different on PS4, so I'm now hoping that it's temporary.

GT Sport sadly doesn't have screen space reflections, and IIRC that pic was from a video where the camera rotated around the Alfa showing a 3D environment (or at least a 360° panoramic photo)... Scapes are 2D backgrounds.
I bet it was just a 3D render.

I couldn't help but notice that the Hyundai in bottom left has different front and rear wheels. Or is it painted differently? I can't tell.

VtsQrho.jpg

Ok.

Now THIS is proper Gran Turismo footage.

Most realistic graphics in a racing game? Possibly. Replays are looking fantastic.

Still painful to watch with the lifeless "car sounds". And the game structure afaik still doesn't appeal to me.

Fantastic improvements tho. Can't believe it's the same thing they showed at the event.

GT Sport sadly doesn't have screen space reflections, and IIRC that pic was from a video where the camera rotated around the Alfa showing a 3D environment (or at least a 360° panoramic photo)... Scapes are 2D backgrounds.
I bet it was just a 3D render.
Ronda is 3D. Not that I'm saying it is Ronda, of course.

Why should it need screen space reflections, and what evidence was there in that video you mention that it was the specific method in use?

I couldn't help but notice that the Hyundai in bottom left has different front and rear wheels. Or is it painted differently? I can't tell.

VtsQrho.jpg
Just different paint colors, which I assume is available to do in the livery editor since wheels was a category shown.

Ronda is 3D. Not that I'm saying it is Ronda, of course.

Why should it need screen space reflections, and what evidence was there in that video you mention that it was the specific method in use?
Sure, even Siracusa was 3D. That's not the point though, as in GT Sport there are no more 3D Photo travel location (assuming those garage and wood spaces are only for demo/menu background purpose), but only 2D "Scapes" - flat photos with spatial and lighting information: you can't move the camera around as done in the video from which the pic was taken (EDIT: found the video).

Said pic shows the side mirror reflecting on the body of the car (I assumed it was SSR, but now that I watch it closely could very well be another method). Sadly cars in GT Sport don't have self reflections, be it race/replay/photomode/Scapes.

Of course could be that Alfa asked PD to model a plaza and make a quick video with updated visuals, but I find it highly unlikely. 99.99% it's just a PC render.

Sure, even Siracusa was 3D. That's not the point though, as in GT Sport there are no more 3D Photo travel location (assuming those garage and wood spaces are only for demo/menu background purpose), but only 2D "Scapes" - flat photos with spatial and lighting information: you can't move the camera around as done in the video from which the pic was taken (EDIT: found the video).

Said pic shows the side mirror reflecting on the body of the car (I assumed it was SSR, but now that I watch it closely could very well be another method). Sadly cars in GT Sport don't have self reflections, be it race/replay/photomode/Scapes.

Of course could be that Alfa asked PD to model a plaza and make a quick video with updated visuals, but I find it highly unlikely. 99.99% it's just a PC render.
Having watched the video (thanks for finding it) I agree that the use of such high-quality self-reflection rules out any real-time graphics, it could well be ray-traced. The background is odd, though, like some hybrid of a modeled scene and a photograph, especially from the "environment" reflection in the car body (like image based lighting).

But Ronda was never conceived as a photo mode location (I'm pretty sure now the Giulia is not in Ronda, real or virtual). I understand how the Scapes work, including the loading screens, and they are actually "3D" of a sort, because of the ability to move the cars about - just not in practice, in terms of the photographic freedom, as you say.

I'm personally hoping those 3D scenes you mentioned are of a bit more utility than simply featuring as decoration or in an attract demo!

Latest videos and images look great. But headlights are not casting any light onto the tarmac, even in tunnels? yet. I am confident that the car lighting will be implemented very well as the in game environmental lighting is beautiful.

Latest videos and images look great. But headlights are not casting any light onto the tarmac, even in tunnels? yet. I am confident that the car lighting will be implemented very well as the in game environmental lighting is beautiful.
:confused:

Tokyo_Express_Way_Normal.jpg

💡
I have more(so does everyone else), bet it has been shown here earlier as well. what do you mean the headlights aren't casting any light onto the tarmac?

BAM! Perfect controller layout straight out the box

*snip*

Ah, pretty much how I've reconfigured GT6 when I don't want to haul the wheel out. Perfect.

I wish PD would just drop the redundant steering/accel/brake though. Freeing up the right stick and D-Pad would be a great way to give us a free-look camera, and... on-the-fly adjustable assists?

Latest Posts

Back