GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
About the racing titles of this year, Gravel is being forgotten IMO undeservedly. While being arcady, it shows to be very promising: very good visuals and sounds, surprisingly good damage system, interesting baja/dakar races... With Baja is going to be the only title of this style.

Hey, it's better than spending time worrying about them. đź‘Ť

nickcage.jpeg

If you compare games or discuss about their strong/weak points means you can't enjoy them? Is your argument an attempt of defending a game by not discussing the actual game because the criticism showed is right and you don't want/find reasons to discuss the topic?

IMO the car list of GT Sport have its advantages: having the same models in different categories offers a progression between the street model and the full race car model (SLS>SLS GR4>SLS GT3), some of the fake-racing-cars while being fake are quite cool (Focus rally car, 4c gt3 car, FT1 gt3 car, gr 4 cars... etc), well organized car list (group b>rally cars, gr n> street cars, gr 4>gt4, gr3>gt3, gr1> lmp1).

And its disadvantages: VGT mixed with real cars, very old LMP1 for the top category (while AC, Forza showing the latest porsche sport prototype...), I would prefer real racing cars than fake race cars (although again, those are quite cool), messed up motorsport culture (rx cars would be better to the kind of rally GT Sport is going to have), low variety...

Is your argument an attempt of defending a game by not discussing the actual game because the criticism showed is right and you don't want/find reasons to discuss the topic?

Nope, not even close. Just stating the obvious solution to the obvious problem. If you want my opinion I will state it when I actually play the game and probably again when it is in it's final form. If you want my worry's and concern's, you are going to be left wanting. I don't worry about things beyond my control.

Oh, I also guarantee that when I do state my opinion, it will be in the appropriate topics, I am fairly sure it will most likely not be the Trailers, Screenshots and Videos thread. Especially when talking about the amount or selection of content. ;)

IMO the car list of GT Sport have its advantages: having the same models in different categories offers a progression between the street model and the full race car model (SLS>SLS GR4>SLS GT3), some of the fake-racing-cars while being fake are quite cool (Focus rally car, 4c gt3 car, FT1 gt3 car, gr 4 cars... etc), well organized car list (group b>rally cars, gr n> street cars, gr 4>gt4, gr3>gt3, gr1> lmp1).

There is a thread for this you know.

And its disadvantages: VGT mixed with real cars, very old LMP1 for the top category (while AC, Forza showing the latest porsche sport prototype...), I would prefer real racing cars than fake race cars (although again, those are quite cool), messed up motorsport culture (rx cars would be better to the kind of rally GT Sport is going to have), low variety...

There is a thread for that too.

Nope, not even close. Just stating the obvious solution to the obvious problem. If you want my opinion I will state it when I actually play the game and probably again when it is in it's final form. If you want my worry's and concern's, you are going to be left wanting. I don't worry about things beyond my control.

Oh, I also guarantee that when I do state my opinion, it will be in the appropriate topics, I am fairly sure it will most likely not be the Trailers, Screenshots and Videos thread. Especially when talking about the amount or selection of content. ;)

There is a thread for this you know.

There is a thread for that too.

Umm very interesting.

Not sure why you are so obsessive with the word "worry". Nobody is worrying about nothing here, just discussing about the strong/weak point of a game. Maybe is an attepmt to disqualify some comments by its pessimism, again, even when they are right.

You say this "Oh, I also guarantee that when I do state my opinion, it will be in the appropriate topics" and yet I can see comments of you expressing yout opinion not related with the topic on this thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-and-screenshots.331389/page-66#post-11123862

What is worse, this comment talks in derogatory way of other users.

I have seen that kind of behaviour in other forums, and in my opinion, is the worst kind of cynicism you can see in an internet forum. Reject offtopics even when they are reasonable or well discussed just because you don't agree with them. While doing this, the same person allows other offtopics that doesn't bother him.

I end the offtopic from my part.

Is it me or do the sponsorship decals look high quality? usually these look really poor in games with a Livery editor.
I'm guessing you're referring to the Forza series? User-created liveries did use to be lower resolution in the past, but official liveries(and sponsor decals) looked fine. And you need only take a look at this gallery to see that there wasn't anything with user-created liveries and sponsor decals in FM6:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110275

I'm eager to see GT Sport's editor. This kind of customization really adds a lot to the feeling of ownership.

I'm guessing you're referring to the Forza series? User-created liveries did use to be lower resolution in the past, but official liveries(and sponsor decals) looked fine. And you need only take a look at this gallery to see that there wasn't anything with user-created liveries and sponsor decals in FM6:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1110275

I'm eager to see GT Sport's editor. This kind of customization really adds a lot to the feeling of ownership.

Interesting, while not 100% confirmed Kaz did hint at the possibility of creating decals so should be interesting to see if the same will happen here.

You say this "Oh, I also guarantee that when I do state my opinion, it will be in the appropriate topics" and yet I can see comments of you expressing yout opinion not related with the topic on this thread

Re-read it buddy, I didn't start the off topic there, I ended it. You're welcome!

What is worse, this comment talks in derogatory way of other users

Erm... Report me then?

I end the offtopic from my part.

Best thing you could possibly do! đź‘Ť

Is it me or do the sponsorship decals look high quality? usually these look really poor in games with a Livery editor.

I'm guessing you're referring to the Forza series? User-created liveries did use to be lower resolution in the past, but official liveries(and sponsor decals) looked fine.

I'm gonna take a guess that the quality of user created liveries are lower after rasterizing to save space and/or bandwidth for transfer.

This gotta be the most realistic video ever... I mean look at those angles! Especially the long one on a straight, look how the car copies the track that is just insane.. and the lighting here is unbelievable!

The camera angle at the end of the first lap is awesome. Could be taken from a car chase in a movie.

*Assessments*

Pretty much how I feel, except shuffle the Forza timeline ahead a few years (bought FM4 and Horizon on day one, but took a break until FM6).

Also, did you forget F1 2017 or is that not coming?

Doh. I don't play the F1 games much, but yep, there's another! Plus the ex-Evo guys will probably have something to show by the end of the year.

It would be awesome, but I'm still assuming that these cars are made with the game's livery editor feature, not already modeled with the decals.

There's no reason the devs would use a livery editor if they're modeling the cars from the ground up.

User-created liveries in the Forza series are always at a slightly lower quality than the stock liveries. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with GTS as well.

Here's another great single lap replay from @DaBomb330 (I think!)... Apologies if posted before...
That shot at the end of the lap when he kicks up some dust? So purdy!

I noticed the dust whirl in a trailer last year when a car drove through it, and this just seems to confirms it. They did a good job having the dust react to the breeze generated by passing cars.

I don't think this was asked at all from where I'm hearing about the beta, but is there a livery editor?? Or if there is indeed a livery editor, do we not have access to it yet??

Back