GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
At 1:49/1:50 Kayslay has a tiny, tiny bit of overlap, which doesn't entitle him to the corner, at least not under the GTP OLR. You can clearly see his car swerve to the left right at that point.

Radar motion is referent to the car's so it's hard for me to be exact about it since he's going to the right so, objects on radar will appear to be going left.

Just about managed to stay in front of a pack of GT-Rs..........or did I?

EXCELLENT, Video

This has highlighted my point in NOT using TCS
Compared with this one, using TCS.

The 0-60mph time for NO TCS is "Roughly" 5 seconds
Compared with TCS ON at "Roughly" 8 seconds.

(yes i know Megane vs Genesis, but they're both 2WD GR.4 cars on the same tyres)

Last edited:
EXCELLENT, Video

This has highlighted my point in NOT using TCS
Compared with this one, using TCS.

The 0-60mph time for NO TCS is "Roughly" 5 seconds
Compared with TCS ON at "Roughly" 8 seconds.

(yes i know Megane vs Genesis, but they're both FWD GR.4 cars on the same tyres)

The genesis is RWD

I think the trick is to have the traction control option on your screen at the start. Use it to select tc-1, then drop it to 0 after you get off the line. Works for me in rwd and fwd cars. It's not needed at all in awd cars.

I think the trick is to have the traction control option on your screen at the start. Use it to select tc-1, then drop it to 0 after you get off the line. Works for me in rwd and fwd cars. It's not needed at all in awd cars.
That's too much work. I just spin in circles to distract everybody. :D

Not sure if you're just joking, but it's actually pretty easy. ;) At least on the ds4!
I was joking. The tcs launch, I've only done it once. To be honest, it's not something I would like to use, unless I figure out I'm racing against bad competitors. In which case, I lose that sense of guilt.

You should be ASHAMED! Nah. To each their own.

I was joking. The tcs launch, I've only done it once. To be honest, it's not something I would like to use, unless I figure out I'm racing against bad competitors. In which case, I lose that sense of guilt.

You should be ASHAMED! Nah. To each their own.
I've been using it mostly for Gr.4 cars that aren't GTR's. You have to do something to keep up with them during the starts. Plus my controller is pretty bad. Maybe if I had some pedals it would be a different story.

At 1:49/1:50 Kayslay has a tiny, tiny bit of overlap, which doesn't entitle him to the corner, at least not under the GTP OLR. You can clearly see his car swerve to the left right at that point.
It is not a corner though, its a curved straight. With the pace advantage he had on the OP from the mistake before the cars would have been alongside into Sheene curve. I guess this is a problem with people using cockpit cam, if they're not looking at the radar in times like that they can be a bit of a liability.

A few seconds (1:44 to 1:47) before you came in from the curb closing in and hitting the person overtaking you (Regulus) because you don't have a right mirror. You didn't get penalized for the contact.

And then at 1:49:
vNJvvPr.jpg

You can't see the person that hits you (KaySlay) in your rear view mirror, while the sensor reaches full warning and you are closer to the left edge of the track. He was faster than you too given the radar approximation.

With that, I wouldn't say he spun you on purpose as much as he thought he had the space and speed to overtake you without preparing for the possibility you would close in on the apex.

We can't know if he got penalized for that contact either.

The first bit of contact you point out is mutual and is just part of racing. While I lost out slightly it was pretty ambitious of me to try and hold the position around the outside and we both left just enough room for each other. I'd call this hard racing and I don't have an issue with it what-so-ever and actually enjoyed it. That kind of racing is why I enjoy racing games.

It is not a corner though, its a curved straight. With the pace advantage he had on the OP from the mistake before the cars would have been alongside into Sheene curve. I guess this is a problem with people using cockpit cam, if they're not looking at the radar in times like that they can be a bit of a liability.

While the previous battle had put me on the back foot it didn't entitle the guy behind to the corner. He was closing, but it would have been tight coming into the corner as you have to really cut it anyway (simply being faster doesn't entitle you to dive bomb people or to take them out). Despite that I was willing to give up the corner and fight another day, possibly into turn 1 or 2. But I was never given that option and was spun out before we actually get to the corner. If I had chopped him on the corner, then it would be on me and you could blame the POV or me not looking at the radar, but I held my line and didn't make any sudden moves.

I knew where he was, left him room and didn't contest the inside at any point. But I do appreciate the feedback :)

>small edit to make the last line seem less sarky ha

Last edited:
I've been using it mostly for Gr.4 cars that aren't GTR's. You have to do something to keep up with them during the starts. Plus my controller is pretty bad. Maybe if I had some pedals it would be a different story.

Also on wheel it is easy to enable/disable TCS on start. Does anyone has some advise how to start with the Scirocco? So far I think TC1 is the best way and then after 2 secs I switch back to TCS off. Only the start costs about 4-5 seconds delay vs the other pack of GT-R's. I always lose 2-3 places at the start. Is it the bad driver (probably ;) ) or just get used to it because this is the VW Scirocco? All other cars always TC off.

Also on wheel it is easy to enable/disable TCS on start. Does anyone has some advise how to start with the Scirocco? So far I think TC1 is the best way and then after 2 secs I switch back to TCS off. Only the start costs about 4-5 seconds delay vs the other pack of GT-R's. I always lose 2-3 places at the start. Is it the bad driver (probably ;) ) or just get used to it because this is the VW Scirocco? All other cars always TC off.

I believe you would be better off avoiding the use of traction control altogether and try to perfect your throttle control instead. Obviously, FWD cars will be more difficult to launch than RWD and particularly AWD but with a bit of practice it is possible to achieve cleaner starts without the major intrusion from TC.

With the Corvette C7 I found starting in 2nd gear allowed me pull away quite cleanly and with the Genesis I tended to start in 1st but change up pretty quickly into 2nd. As for the Scirocco, I found starting in 2nd and holding a partial throttle with the revs around the 7k mark gave me a reasonable take off and from there it's a matter of easing on more power and changing up to third while trying to avoid too much wheel spin.

You're not going to beat a GT-R off the line but with practice you might keep it to only losing 1 position off the line. Stop on a long straight and try out different techniques and find something that works for you.

Some lightly edited (and creatively titled) videos from a few days ago.

----------

GR.3 Dragon Trail race, didn't race great here but I think this was my first on-track battle with another GTP member, @Lord Protector . Lord was faster but got tangled up with Majkl a couple of times which kept things close for a while. Sweet move round the outside of the first chicane though 👍

-----------

Another DT race, got a battle with alien driver Majkl. They definitely weren't driving as fast as they normally do, but was still cool to run with them for a bit.

-----------

One more GR.3, at Northern Isle, featuring @Firehuntah and friends. Sorry about the collision near the end; I think I left enough room but I did dive in and run up the track a bit suddenly there. Apologies.

You can also see that whilst my poor internet connection seems to hold out pretty well on the road courses, it's a bit of a mess on ovals!

Here's the 2nd half of one of my races at the Nordscleife last night. I come across @MadMax and tap him as he gets held up by a recovering GTR driven by a guy with the username of BramleyHouse (doesn't seem to be a member here.) I pass the GTR on the straight only to be re-passed immediately and I'm right behind Bramley coming up to the line. Bramley brakes before the line, I hit him but stay behind, and he gets a 2 second penalty. Bit of an odd end to the race.

One more GR.3, at Northern Isle, featuring @Firehuntah and friends. Sorry about the collision near the end; I think I left enough room but I did dive in and run up the track a bit suddenly there. Apologies.

No worries, it's quite hard to actually overtake on this track when running around the same laptimes. As I'm sure you've noticed yesterday I ran into you twice as well while trying to overtake, sorry about that too. Going low through the corners is the only thing you can try to overtake but then you end up understeering at the middle or end of the corner into the other car or wall. I think the straights are just too short on this track to be able to have some good and clean overtakes. I like the Blue Moon Bay oval much more because of this.

Also nice to see the race from your perspective, it looks like I'm touching the wall in almost every corner while I definately only hit it a couple of times during that race. :P Looks quite bad to be honest, netcode needs some improvement still.

Some lightly edited (and creatively titled) videos from a few days ago.

----------

GR.3 Dragon Trail race, didn't race great here but I think this was my first on-track battle with another GTP member, @Lord Protector . Lord was faster but got tangled up with Majkl a couple of times which kept things close for a while. Sweet move round the outside of the first chicane though 👍

I remember that race very clearly... My czech rival and I were side by side in the chicane after the finish straight but he couldn't keep his line, hit my front end with his rear end and spun out, it looked real nasty tho :D

Anyway, good racing with you, yeah... you were running 4C wasn't you? I nailed the exit from the corner, plus I was drafting the C7 in front of me which resulted in me overtaking you in the first curby chicane, C7 is a beast on straights

As I'm sure you've noticed yesterday I ran into you twice as well while trying to overtake, sorry about that too.

I checked those incidents later and in one it was actually another driver who collided with me, and in the other I'd messed up the corner and was about to crash into the wall myself anyway :lol: So not your fault at all 👍

Anyway, good racing with you, yeah... you were running 4C wasn't you? I nailed the exit from the corner, plus I was drafting the C7 in front of me which resulted in me overtaking you in the first curby chicane, C7 is a beast on straights

Yep, 4C. Very nimble little thing and great off the start line, but yeah weaker on the straights, and a bit rubbish over the curbs.......trying to get through those chicanes safely will haunt me, haha.

I believe you would be better off avoiding the use of traction control altogether and try to perfect your throttle control instead. Obviously, FWD cars will be more difficult to launch than RWD and particularly AWD but with a bit of practice it is possible to achieve cleaner starts without the major intrusion from TC.

With the Corvette C7 I found starting in 2nd gear allowed me pull away quite cleanly and with the Genesis I tended to start in 1st but change up pretty quickly into 2nd. As for the Scirocco, I found starting in 2nd and holding a partial throttle with the revs around the 7k mark gave me a reasonable take off and from there it's a matter of easing on more power and changing up to third while trying to avoid too much wheel spin.

You're not going to beat a GT-R off the line but with practice you might keep it to only losing 1 position off the line. Stop on a long straight and try out different techniques and find something that works for you.

Thx! Will try to start with TC off and in 2nd gear. See the Nords race we drove in together yesterday. 4:45 minutes you were driving, racing, battling in front of me. Very enjoyable to see. Cannot see very clear what happened with you and that other GT-R @4:45. Seems you both missed the apex. You came back on track nicely the other one tried to ram me off the track. But I think he didn't do it on purpose/. He was trying to get on track asap and used the throttle too much. Was a good and almost clean race. That bumping slow start of me...I was already braking in turn 1 and that SLS turn in too hard to the left...

And if you watched this race anyway I'm curious what you and other racers think of my overtaking 4:00. Allowed, not done? My idea: I took him on the inside, half over the grass and kept the inner curve and did not change left/right direction. Do you think I had to brake a little bit or did he had to pay attention to his left side radar?

I checked those incidents later and in one it was actually another driver who collided with me, and in the other I'd messed up the corner and was about to crash into the wall myself anyway :lol: So not your fault at all 👍

Are you sure? Cause I checked as well after the races and I thought it was me who hit you both times. :lol: One of the times I actually spun out myself and ended up at the back of the pack, pretty hard to gain any places after that. I did manage to get the fastest lap time in that race however. :P Will hopefully do better tonight.

@Firehuntah good races yesterday at Brands, looked as though you were doing better in the Lancer, was much harder to get you out of my slipstream than when you were in the Audi. :P

Yeah those were definately nice races. I was trying different tunes every race, that last race really seemed to be the best one so far. Trying a different one again today. :D Here's that last race, really hard to keep up with you. Made some mistakes but still.. all I can do is drive behind you, no chance to overtake. ;)

As for the Audi TTS, I actually really like it. Was doing fine with it till you suddenly passed me, then I had no chance anymore. :lol: It's faster in the corners than the Evo but on the straights I had no chance, even while in the slipstream you were still able to overtake me.

And if you watched this race anyway I'm curious what you and other racers think of my overtaking 4:00. Allowed, not done? My idea: I took him on the inside, half over the grass and kept the inner curve and did not change left/right direction. Do you think I had to brake a little bit or did he had to pay attention to his left side radar?

I don't think that's a corner that should be used for trying to overtake. Not enough space to fit 2 cars at such high speed. Probably always better to wait and overtake right after that corner on the 'straight' with the help of slipstream.

Last edited:
Thx! Will try to start with TC off and in 2nd gear. See the Nords race we drove in together yesterday. 4:45 minutes you were driving, racing, battling in front of me. Very enjoyable to see. Cannot see very clear what happened with you and that other GT-R @4:45. Seems you both missed the apex. You came back on track nicely the other one tried to ram me off the track. But I think he didn't do it on purpose/. He was trying to get on track asap and used the throttle too much. Was a good and almost clean race. That bumping slow start of me...I was already braking in turn 1 and that SLS turn in too hard to the left...

My driving was very sloppy during that race :lol: That was just my second race with the GT-R and, while it is very quick, I don't think it brakes as well as the Genesis I have been using and I went too deep and off track three times during that 1 lap :dunce:

As for your overtake, you had a good run on him and you had a bit of overlap but it was always going to be a risky move to go for the pass there. Having said that, the other driver could have left a bit more space for you and still have made it safely through there side by side.

Are you sure? Cause I checked as well after the races and I thought it was me who hit you both times. :lol: One of the times I actually spun out myself and ended up at the back of the pack, pretty hard to gain any places after that. I did manage to get the fastest lap time in that race however. :P Will hopefully do better tonight.

Yeah those were definately nice races. I was trying different tunes every race, that last race really seemed to be the best one so far. Trying a different one again today. :D Here's that last race, really hard to keep up with you. Made some mistakes but still.. all I can do is drive behind you, no chance to overtake. ;)

As for the Audi TTS, I actually really like it. Was doing fine with it till you suddenly passed me, then I had no chance anymore. :lol: It's faster in the corners than the Evo but on the straights I had no chance, even while in the slipstream you were still able to overtake me.

I don't think that's a corner that should be used for trying to overtake. Not enough space to fit 2 cars at such high speed. Probably always better to wait and overtake right after that corner on the 'straight' with the help of slipstream.

The second race @4:12 #2 made a mistake - can happen. Hopefully that ghosting will be solved. Nothing happened to him and/or the other driver. Nice race to watch. It's Britts everywhere ;)

And at the finish line he didn't clearly want you to finish second :lol:

The second race @4:12 #2 made a mistake - can happen. Hopefully that ghosting will be solved. Nothing happened to him and/or the other driver. Nice race to watch. It's Britts everywhere ;)

And at the finish line he didn't clearly want you to finish second :lol:

Yeah it's because he was D rank he was still able to ghost while Spurgy and me are C rank. If that didn't happen and they collided I would've been 1st through that corner probably, too bad. :lol: And it was pretty sweet to still take him right before the finish line, felt him pushing against me a few times but still managed to get ahead. :D Was definately a nice race. Really like using other cars than just the Evo anyway but chances of winning are much lower unfortunately.

The overtake at 4:00 looked fine to me. You looked like you had your nose up around the driver door so you should have a right to maintain your lane. Looks like he either didn't know you were there or deliberately tried to close the door at the last second. His best strategy would have been to defend the inside which suggests he didn't know you were there. Either way I'd judge it clean.

Just did some races around Brands Hatch and Nords again. See this one of BHI. Clean race and nothing really happens. Skip to 5:20 the end of the race. The grey car behind me punched my butt, I touched the gravel had to slow down (which I didn't...) and got a penalty and my SR decreased. This is becoming a funny SR system. For me it's ok. but if this happens in the final version during e.g. an Esports high prize race. PD will work this out before going gold. Right?

Another race at Nordschleife. Still have to practice the start. I decided to move to the side at the start to let the faster cars pass me. Half way the race (@3:58) another Scirocco wants to overtake me and I go to the side and half on the grass even then he/she needed to push me further to the side. Result SR decrease again?? But PD will solve this before going gold. Right?

Funny move @5:40. haha sounds frustrating isn't it ;)
Now a couple of beers and relax again :cheers:

Last edited:
Back