GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
giphy.gif

How? How did they make a car drive through a picture?

It is like 3D CGI rendering where the environment background is taken from real life imagery of photos or recorded video but the movable object is created from the computer software just like in movies. I think these video could explain :

Notice the car is all animated until it transformed into a giant Transformers robot kind of thing. The first video is pretty well done, I thought it was the real Audi TT they used at first (I think they got the sound sample wrong though lol), but turns out it is just a CGI model render.

Last edited:
Apparently they are high-res slow motion videos, rather than pictures. Makes me wonder if the Scapes tools will have the same capability, or if the camera is fixed to certain positions/angles for Scapes.

Now I guess the next step for them is to have an entire track recorded as a scape and be playable that way :)

It is like 3D CGI rendering where the environment background is taken from real life imagery of photos or recorded video but the movable object is created from the computer software just like in movies. I think these video could explain :

Notice the car is all animated until it transformed into a giant Transformers robot kind of thing. The first video is pretty well done, I thought it was the real Audi TT they used at first (I think they got the sound sample wrong though lol), but turns out it is just a CGI model render.

Apparently they are high-res slow motion videos, rather than pictures. Makes me wonder if the Scapes tools will have the same capability, or if the camera is fixed to certain positions/angles for Scapes.

Now I guess the next step for them is to have an entire track recorded as a scape and be playable that way :)

It's a 2D image projected onto 3D geometry.
Although GT uses an HDRi map as well.

The camera is actually still fixed in that video - it's just using some clever Ken Burns and panning to simulate convincing camera movement. If you look closely you can see that the camera's position never changes, the most it ever does is rotate. Pay close attention to the lack of change in the background's shading and objects, you may see see what I'm talking about - it's still a 2D image, but with a 3D environment mapped out to display additional 3D objects and elements (cars and some other minor scenery) over the scene, and some clever PD witchcraft allowing light to interact between the 3D and 2D elements.

I'm excited 'cause I think this is a better look at what sort of leeway we'll have with photography in the scape environments, it's looking like a little more than I'd previously thought. 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
After starting off a race pretty bad, with me and others around me messing up quite a bit, I got a lucky break.

Coming to the end of the race, all I needed to do was not get a tire wide on the dirt in the last turn (which I'd already done once that race). I had a decent gap to the driver behind me, so I slowed down plenty going into the last turn and stayed on the inside

I didn't really want it to get that close at the end, but nonetheless I just barely finished ahead.
The game thought otherwise though and said I needed to use "caution" even though I purposely was cautious to avoid messing up. I guess the only logical conclusion is if the game tells me to use "caution" that actually means do the exact opposite.

@RaY29rus The Le Mans gif is a "drivable" scape.
I don't know if I like or not the presentation, it looks too fake.

What style... only PD.

Even though I do love it, hopefully we will also have the option to look at the car in a standard 360 degree rotation in the showroom.

Two things I noticed 1) We finally see headlights casting beams in-game and 2) at :49 we get a really nice glimpse at the potential of rain graphics when the headlight beams cast light on the newly patched road.

Back