GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Not a single muscle car?!!!! And half are VGTs.
maxresdefault.jpg

NA

1 Chaparral - VGT
1 Tomahawk (x4 versions / Gr.) - VGT
1 Infinity - VGT

1 Camaro
1 Corvette (3 versions / Gr.)
1 Charger
1 Viper (3 versions / Gr.)

1 Focus (2 versions / Gr.)
1 Mustang (4 versions / Gr.)

---

I doubt most people will play regularly with the VGTs so we're down to 14 different versions of 6 car models for NA.
I know it's been said before, but if this wasn't Gran Turismo, that NA car list would be a laughing stock. Not that it isn't, but more people would be talking about it if it wasn't GT. 6 different NA production models. Wow, never thought I'd see the day.

I know it's been said before, but if this wasn't Gran Turismo, that NA car list would be a laughing stock. Not that it isn't, but more people would be talking about it if it wasn't GT. 6 different NA production models. Wow, never thought I'd see the day.

Just for the laughs :D

PC2 will have as many NA tracks (not counting the diff layouts) as GTS will have NA production models (with all diff versions)

North America
california-highway_orig.png

California Highway (5 Layouts)
circuit-of-the-americas-gp_orig.png

Circuit of the Americas (COTA) (3 Layouts)
daytona-circuit_orig.png

Daytona International Speedway (2 Layouts)
daytona-rx_orig.png

Daytona Rallycross
dirtfish-boneyard-course_orig.png

DirtFish (3 Layouts)
indianapolis-oval_orig.png

Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2 Layouts)
monterey_orig.png

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
long-beach_orig.png

Long Beach Street Circuit
mojave-cougar-ridge_orig.png

Mojave (5 Layouts)
wisconsin-raceway_orig.png

Road America
lakeville-raceway-gp_orig.png

Sonoma Raceway (3 Layouts)
texas-motor-speedway_orig.png

Texas Motor Speedway (3 Layouts)
connecticut-hill_orig.png

Watkins Glen International (2 Layouts)
california-raceway_orig.png

Willow Springs International Raceway (2 Layouts)

Even though the car list is a weak spot for GT, I dunno if it's a laughing stock - If we declare that, then we have to say that iRacing and Race Room Experience is a laughing stock as well for their car rosters (which I don' think is the case).

Even though the car list is a weak spot for GT, I dunno if it's a laughing stock - If we declare that, then we have to say that iRacing and Race Room Experience is a laughing stock as well for their car rosters (which I don' think is the case).
iRacing and R3E are niche games targeted at specific and small audiences. Hardly comparable in content to a AAA game with a budget likely pushing 9 figures. They can do some things better that aren't so much budget related, like sound, AI, physics etc., but they can never measure up in content.

Thought about this but forgot to post before:

mmqL6pK.jpg

Wonder if they were going for this:

qvwblpw1ev1a1qsfrzjr-556243b129495.png

And it looked too troublesome to navigate.
Holy crap, all my life, i thought the Nurburgring was the largest race track in the world. Whats that other bigger track? It makes the Nurburgring look like a pebble

I don't care at all. Just find it a bit annoying. Probably the general public doesn't find it very entertaining or interesting either. Don't know.

I was responding to the person that found it "Painful" to watch, which just comes off (to me at least) as somehow expecting everyone who plays it to be good at it when that in no way is possible (like how that one guy was trashing Marvin for not being good, which tends to happen when someone has little to no experience with the game). I wasn't saying that about you.

This makes me nervous for the EU list :nervous: Is this the final car list being shown?

Europe will be much better represented. Just like in GT1, USA doesn't really have a ton of current performance cars.

iRacing and R3E are niche games targeted at specific and small audiences. Hardly comparable in content to a AAA game with a budget likely pushing 9 figures.

NFS, The Crew, Dirt 4, Grid... those are all laughing stocks?

They can do some things better that aren't so much budget related, like sound, AI, physics etc., but they can never measure up in content.

How are these things not budget related?

NFS, The Crew, Dirt 4, Grid... those are all laughing stocks?

That's an odd moving of the goalposts, but a quick browse:

Number of production NA cars in NFS 2015: 10 (12 if we count Acura and Scion, which I'm not going to :P )
Number of production NA cars in The Crew: 26 (?!)
Number of production NA cars in DiRT 4: :sly:
Number of production NA cars in Grid (Autosport, I assume): Hard to get an exact tally and can't load it up right now, but it's looking like around 6.

Comparing to iRacing is a little misleading too: it's a bit like complaining about how F1 2017 won't have road cars.

I think the "laughing stock" comment — while a little extreme — is borne out of the reputation GT has built itself over two decades: one of predominantly road cars. And yes, it's likely the name on the game's case is enough for some folks to overlook the relative lack of diversity: FM5 got piled-on from some around these parts when it launched with a little over 200 cars four years ago — and that was without a program like VGT, or half of the race cars being creations of the developer.

Yes, we've known for some time that GT Sport would be more competition-focused. But it still features road cars, and is going to be judged based on the selection there. On the plus side, at least we live in a time of DLC...

Yes, we've known for some time that GT Sport would be more competition-focused. But it still features road cars, and is going to be judged based on the selection there. On the plus side, at least we live in a time of DLC...

I'm still waiting and curious on how DLC work in GTS though, I wish it is better than GT6 had. Hopefully we get more information at PSX this weekend. Also, is there any GTP staff will go to the event?

Back