GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments

Recorded from the lens...graphics looks great unlike Driveclub.

I got my first shot at GTS+VR today in a series of booths at the local mall and it didn't look like that on the regular PS4. It was like looking through a screen door, that was on top of another screen door. It was so bad I think there was something wrong with it. It was the 4C at the Horse Thief Mile. ^^^ That's what I expected it to look like and I was mightily disappointed.

I got my first shot at GTS+VR today in a series of booths at the local mall and it didn't look like that on the regular PS4. It was like looking through a screen door, that was on top of another screen door. It was so bad I think there was something wrong with it. It was the 4C at the Horse Thief Mile. ^^^ That's what I expected it to look like and I was mightily disappointed.
Maybe the VR setup wasn't right?

Maybe the VR setup wasn't right?
I thought maybe because it wasn't on pro or maybe it was my four eyes. But I asked a couple of guys that followed me who didn't wear glasses and they said it was the same for them. It was total amateur hour really. The FFB was completely dead in spite of the T-GT wheel and the sound was terrible, not because of the game itself I think, but it seemed like it was playing through Dollar Store grade headphones. When I say dead I mean I felt absolutely nothing other than a little turning resistance. I wouldn't judge the game on that experience that's for sure.

I thought maybe because it wasn't on pro or maybe it was my four eyes. But I asked a couple of guys that followed me who didn't wear glasses and they said it was the same for them. It was total amateur hour really. The FFB was completely dead in spite of the T-GT wheel and the sound was terrible, not because of the game itself I think, but it seemed like it was playing through Dollar Store grade headphones. When I say dead I mean I felt absolutely nothing other than a little turning resistance. I wouldn't judge the game on that experience that's for sure.

What build did you play?

Weird. Have you tried any other VR headsets?

What build did you play?
No idea. Whatever they had. I only had two 3 lap sessions and not a lot of time to look around or ask questions. I might go back tomorrow and get some more information. I'm chalking it up to a poor setup on their part, I wouldn't judge the game or VR based on that one demo :lol:.

Weird. Have you tried any other VR headsets?
No this is my first one. I'd heard about the screen door effect and poor resolution so I didn't expect it to look great but this was so bad it was shocking. Like I said, I'll chalk it up to a poor setup or something else.

I said that if they want to do VR they'll have to improve sounds a lot when they first announced it. I am impressed. I should be getting a VR this week so I'll definitely try it out when GT Sport is in my hands

I've tried PS VR at a friend's home and that was my initial impression as well. Something felt off. After a lot of calibration it got better and tried Resi 7. I only lasted 10 mins :lol:

I'm not that fussy about VR to be honest. I won't invest any time in it mainly because it's quite expensive, but you want it to work when you have a quick go on a demo build. For people who are interested in VR, this would be a major cause for concern.

TOKYO EXPRESS WAY EAST 1Lap

COLORADO SPRINGS LAKE 1Lap

Interesting screenshot of live timing and racing photos
IGT.png
IGT1.png
IGT2.png
IGT3.png
IGT4.png
IGT5.png
IGT6.png
IGT7.png

I truly hope the physics will improve... I hate arcade physics. :yuck:

I like arcade physics and I like sim physics. The only thing I demand is that either of those function properly. With GTS BETA that was not the case and I sincerly hope it has been sorted out and their physics work correctly for the different drive-types.

Back