umET3JO.jpg

DRIVING LINE ASSIST
-OFF
-DRIVING MARKER
-DRIVING MARKER + DRIVING LINE
QI6mlh1.jpg

Turbo chatter:drool:

What? Not that it's relevant to GT: Sport but that tv is ~37"-40" max

The shot perspective is misleading IMO, the remote controls on the right of the screen allow a better estimation of the screen size. (smallest A1 is 55")

Back on topic(sort of), wondering how a +-700 nits 10% peak limited panel will handle GTS 10.000. Some serious display mapping will be required.

What? Not that it's relevant to GT: Sport but that tv is ~37"-40" max
It says 65” on the plaque just off to the right. It is relevant to me, as the A1E is one of the very best tv’s on the market right now, if you consider it has better motion handling than the LG TVs, meaning it is one of the best ways to experience GT Sport to its full potential. I also find it interesting that Sony is showing off GT Sport on the A1E instead of the Z9D, which is capable of twice the peak brightness. The Z9D has a worse contrast ratio though (due to imperfect black levels).

It says 65” on the plaque just off to the right. It is relevant to me, as the A1E is one of the very best tv’s on the market right now, if you consider it has better motion handling than the LG TVs, meaning it is one of the best ways to experience GT Sport to its full potential. I also find it interesting that Sony is showing off GT Sport on the A1E instead of the Z9D, which is capable of twice the peak brightness. The Z9D has a worse contrast ratio though (due to imperfect black levels).
Would the Z9D's contrast ratio be a deal breaker in any way? I'm not sure how to word that question better. Is the contrast ratio of the Z9D an issue?

I'm not asking because I'm looking to buy one. I'm only looking to know more.

Would the Z9D's contrast ratio be a deal breaker in any way? I'm not sure how to word that question better. Is the contrast ratio of the Z9D an issue? I'm not asking because I'm looking to buy one. I'm only looking to know more.
That is a great question. I hope someday to see GT Sport running on both in a store to compare/contrast. I suspect the game will benefit more from the Z9D due to the much higher peak brightness (~700 nits for the OLED, vs ~1700 nits for the Z9D on a 10% window). The OLED's tend to offer better performance when rendering lots of near black's (really dark scenes), but GT Sport seems to have very little of that. Perhaps with night racing you would see a slight advantage on the OLED. That said, every comparison/review I have read still picks the OLED displays as the better overall picture when considering it for movies/tv as well, and most of them state the reason being that with perfect blacks the image pops just a bit more, so that might still hold true with GT Sport. I honestly haven't seen any of this years OLED's or the Z9D in person yet, but I have been researching tv's for the past few years with the intention of getting an OLED once the prices are down <$1500. Fingers crossed the 55" LG C7 will hit that this year. I was really hoping the 55" A1E would, but I don't expect it to come down <$2500 this year.

I know this video is already posted on this tread but I noticed something. Are there actually police cars in the game? :confused: Because the livery is also "Polizei" and it has blue lights on the roof.

upload_2017-8-15_13-57-21.png

They should make some extra additions, like airport vehicles. Then we can race with airport vehicles on the Nordschleife :lol::P .

Hmpf, i find that Forbes article like a waste of space where real journalist should write instead of that dude (or maybe editors fail). For example he praises graphically amazingly realistic dashboard only to embellish that with pic from VR mode, least impressive of all mods... smdh

@Farushi ,you made my day 👍

Back