GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I don't get why GT has never had Suzuka West. It's the polar opposite of Suzuka East, which makes for good variation. Oh, and I hate your opinion. :D
I'm sure my opinion is in the minority. Everytime that track would come up in career mode, I'd be like 🤬, wish this track would go away. :lol:

I m not sur if you meant it lol you asked why GT never had the West course Suzuka ? Or ?
Oh, my stupid face. I never ran it on GT4. To be fair, I was first starting to get into "not NFS" racing at that young age and I must have ignored it. I stuck with city tracks, snow, and Tscuba gear race track.

I should now say I can't understand why they wouldn't KEEP Suzuka West in GT. Even Tsukuba has more than one layout.

Here's another, "Oh, how I miss...". I miss Citta Di Aria. Driving through alleyways, in the middle of town. That's what I thought GT6's track creator was going to bring. :/

Last edited:
Idk but I think we have seen this before, a national flag appeared on your car above the race number while racing, possibly in Nations Cup races :

Yeah I remember the E3 races and the PS Access videos having them, it's a nice detail

I know the feeling. But hey, it's ok to be wrong, MMX.

It's alright, can't win them all.

Here's another, "Oh, how I miss...". I miss Citta Di Aria. Driving through alleyways, in the middle of town. That's what I thought GT6's track creator was going to bring. :/

Now that's a track we can agree on. GT4 had the best selection of "rally" tracks. I spent more time doing those than anything.

Some perplexing quotes and pictures indeed...

Screenshot-2017-08-11-13.00.15-1200x690.jpg

Smoke or damp track?

Smoke. It's only coming from the rear wheels.

I was going through an old USB of Screenshots and found these old (ish) Scapes from last year showing the multiple cars you can put on the screen in One Scape. Edit: 16! was the highest number I counted in the high up aerial picture (which also makes me wonder how far you can zoom out in photomode -within Scapes?). The other picture with settings on and the car highlighted blue showed you can zoom/move and rotate them like you can now in Photo Travel. Not long to go until we get our hands on this to try it out :cheers:

Last edited:
I was going through an old USB of Screenshots and found these old (ish) Scapes from last year showing the multiple cars you can put on the screen in One Scape. Edit: 16! was the highest number I counted in the high up aerial picture (which also makes me wonder how far you can zoom out in photomode -within Scapes?). The other picture with settings on and the car highlighted blue showed you can zoom/move and rotate them like you can now in Photo Travel. Not long to go until we get our hands on this to try it out :cheers:

I'm almost thinking of this scapes thing as a separate minigame.

It will be interesting to see how much you can push it - i.e. how many cars, as you say (are they affected by lights and shadows of other cars, are there any weird ways the cars can clip through eachother), but also how much positioning flexibility and zoom and pan we can manage (remember that cliff appearing to be a 3D object as the scapes camera moved vertically?).

There was the 'add light source' also, this could be interesting...

I've heard mention of the mode that turns the keys, so all relevant dash lights come on and whatnot. How epic would an interior scapes shot be? And are all the motion settings affected if the camera can be placed within the car?

Can't wait to find this all out and play around a bit.

People love to be creative, and scapes plus the normal photo mode, and the livery editor, is a great suite of tools to enable this.

I've heard mention of the mode that turns the keys, so all relevant dash lights come on and whatnot. How epic would an interior scapes shot be? And are all the motion settings affected if the camera can be placed within the car?

But I have a feeling it will be exteriors only

I don't think we've heard anything since, but last year, it was confirmed that photo mode allows you take interior photos as well.

Hopefully that feature won't get axed - I'm dying to pour over all of the meticulous details of the GT Sport car models!

Last edited:
I was going through an old USB of Screenshots and found these old (ish) Scapes from last year showing the multiple cars you can put on the screen in One Scape. Edit: 16! was the highest number I counted in the high up aerial picture (which also makes me wonder how far you can zoom out in photomode -within Scapes?). The other picture with settings on and the car highlighted blue showed you can zoom/move and rotate them like you can now in Photo Travel. Not long to go until we get our hands on this to try it out.

I believe it was said early on that you can put an unlimited amount of cars into a scape as long as there's space in the environment. That doesn't really surprise me as a scape environment doesn't strike me as extremely hardware-intensive - it is effectively just an image. I believe the largest conventional camera sensor is somewhere around 50 Megapixels, making the maximum raw image file size up to maybe 250MB in the most extreme circumstances. I would think all that's going through the processor is the changes in pixel information of the image plus the algorithms of the lighting engine, and it would seem a majority of the PS4's power would be left over to render cars, but then again we don't know how much really is being rendered in a scape.

And as far as "how far you can zoom out" - it isn't a full 3D environment - it's a 2D photograph with 3D information for lighting and object placement, it's not something you'll be able to explore extensively. The maximum "zoom out" should be just the focal length of the shot at wherever the original photo was taken from.

Last edited:
I believe it was said early on that you can put an unlimited amount of cars into a scape as long as there's space in the environment. That doesn't really surprise me as a scape environment doesn't strike me as extremely hardware-intensive - it is effectively just an image. I believe the largest conventional camera sensor is somewhere around 50 Megapixels, making the maximum raw image file size up to maybe 250MB in the most extreme circumstances. I would think all that's going through the processor is the changes in pixel information of the image plus the algorithms of the lighting engine, andiIt would seem a majority of the PS4's power would be left over to render cars, but then again we don't know how much really is being rendered in a scape.

And as far as "how far you can zoom out" - it isn't a full 3D environment - it's a 2D photograph with 3D information for lighting and object placement, it's not something you'll be able to explore extensively. The maximum "zoom out" should be just the focal length of the shot at wherever the original photo was taken from.

Yeah I guess what I meant by the zooming thing was 'how much of the full image are we seeing in these scapes?'

When you first load it up, perhaps you can see 1/4 of the full image, so the freedom to pan and 'zoom' around the full image is an option...

Just wild guesses... :)

Back