GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Did he just ride the walls and not get DQ'd?
Yeh, big time.
Sad to see.

It seems he loses speed, but I don't think it's an automated penalty, simply a natural loss of speed from hitting the wall.

I question why they don't use Brands.
Perhaps the track limits and penalties aren't sorted yet?

With the Aussie qualifiers not started at this time, the best I have is from the Philipines event.

"At each Live Event, Players will be invited to take part in a virtual race on Gran Turismo 7 (the “Game”) using Nissan gaming pods. Players will run five (5) laps or five minutes (whichever comes first) on the Tokyo Expressway (the “Track”) using a Nissan GT-R (the “Car”). Their fastest lap time will be recorded."

"NPI (Nissan Philipines Inc.) reserves the right to disqualify Players for unsportsmanlike conduct at anytime during the course of the competition. Players who are caught cheating by any means, including cutting corners and exploiting glitches or any other unintended functionality in the Live Event, will be disqualified."

"The decision of Nissan and/or that of the judge(s), as the case may be is/are final and no appeal thereof may be made."
https://www.nissan.ph/experience-nissan-global/news-events/nissan-gta-2016.html#

Leaving decisions to 'representatives' is a bad ploy.
A lap should be 'legal' or not, and determined by the game, not by guys watching over a drivers shoulder.

PD should have a better system in-place to avoid losing the reputation of GT Academy.

*Edit.
On another note, it seems that the GT Academy Camp is planned to be held at Silverstone in October.
Therefore how other countries, whom apparently can get involved at the launch of GT Sport in November, sounds very confusing.
This years GT Academy appears to me to have fallen into a big hole.

I don't understand what they are trying to do here.
Either do it right, or forget it for this year.

Last edited:
Heavily damaged car will be much better than disqualified :)
82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

I would like to see damage get involved here.
But it needs limitations.

Allowing people endless laps with damage would seem pointless.

Time limit and/or lap limit with DQ's and damage to me would show the raw talent of competitors.
As opposed to who has more time to practise and run the event, and therefore gain advantage over others without such luxuries.

Any system can still be gained, but why make it open slather for 4 weeks?

I've always questioned why a lap limit to produce your best time in GT Academy events hasn't been introduced.

So, um, why hasn't damage been enabled at GT Academy of all places?
GT Academy has never had damage included into the time trials to my knowledge.

But 'red time' laps has always played a part due to exceeding track limits.
Which is why using Tokyo with walls seems an odd choice.

The car has à lot of understeer, i think if he Was driving like this in brands hatch he Would probable on the grass most of the time.
I dont Know though if hitting the wall in Tokyo is good for his time or not. if yes i think all what you need to do is to accelerate all thé way and turn while kissing the walls. Who needs brakes when u have walls...

The car has à lot of understeer, i think if he Was driving like this in brands hatch he Would probable on the grass most of the time.
I dont Know though if hitting the wall in Tokyo is good for his time or not. if yes i think all what you need to do is to accelerate all thé way and turn while kissing the walls. Who needs brakes when u have walls...
You're thinking of GT4.

This is TOTALLY (kind of) off topic, but the other day I was doing nothing and then I saw on TV for just 2 seconds a clip of this and I heard the music and I was like, wait wait!, go back...
And yep, it was the music from the Gran Turismo trailer. I looked for it, and it turned out that it was a scene from the Divergent movie.

Did anybody know this? Sorry :dopey:

I'm still not a fan either. It's all very narrow and looks like it'd be impossible to pass people.

Any race without damage is just going to be a wall-riding festival. Heck, even races with damage will be except the ones with the very best drivers like that.

I still like Tokyo track !

Not only because it reminds me Ridge Racer but also because it will be difficult to overtake.

I hope we will have videos of PS Experience in Japan ! :)

Thanks for the video. It am beginning to like this track more I see it. looks bland with building around but quite fast too for a street track. The narrowness probably make the sense of speed also good. They will definitely remove times if some hits the wall, barrier but damage is a must as well and this is coming from a guy who usually turns damage off in racing games :lol:

I still like Tokyo track !

Not only because it reminds me Ridge Racer but also because it will be difficult to overtake.

I hope we will have videos of PS Experience in Japan ! :)

What PS experience do you mean? Tokyo Game Show?

One thing I do like here is the placement of the camera in Hood view.
And how all the gauges and track map are down out of the way and not in your line of sight of the road

The track looks really quick actually - I don't think I saw the speed go below 100MPH. The car isn't as firmly planted as it would be in GT6, which is very promising to me. The wheel work tells me that this game would be challenging to play properly.

The track looks really quick actually - I don't think I saw the speed go below 100MPH. The car isn't as firmly planted as it would be in GT6, which is very promising to me. The wheel work tells me that this game would be challenging to play properly.
.. properly in vehicle limits ;)

Yeah, that's insanely fast pretty much the whole way round. Thanks to this guy, have a better appreciation of the Tokyo track now. Also, at night, it will be badass.

The driver is the first guy I've seen to not crash straight into the wall after the tunnel exit. Respect.

Really impressed with track-side textures, even in this relatively poor quality recording.

You can see texture on the walls a few feet in front the car even at ~140mph, and the light reflections off of the yellow bricks in the tunnels looks really sharp for what at first glance looks like a bland track. I imagine at night this track is pretty stunning, and it gives a lot of hope for the quality of the rest of the tracks we will see.

zco8WfLgNpaBzhaaeeILV4OfyoX0RWi75blG-c7dCTgUPXnN2M8W8t93bXfX_n5pnOIOSOm5ZJIFEnIetdw05UwOj9u171fr4qZzsJMwf8ZnehV4EVYF5crZJQp-G_L_UY4880wS_lkjviHtoEMtdvbd6FgghkoFpu2uwPd-sQprU1kXz5Ja43Fx90YMq-2bBvR-nzsM__AsJoK73EFa0ruIBoJ8PZDM-2Ff16q_LRDNBX5W0SnEQyaHGP_NUG4Rg9F5fTzUzHR_7bzmrnlc3LJ_CeFYnebMLtKf0eEbiIEK2VWwfAEhv9jYszeRG5atqYBJ40BoEoawc0MzW8-tyDRWZ_im0F4UNpzMesKmL6HGubwOEkzNpoiJjUAwdeZGSkyrM7v_2dfRDfHXG08_nom4oFwd6NCTtyzdIHasYfP3o6UIFn18n0doN2j6oQJfZUemlaB6gR_NhgzNVDy-7h4cUU1yuXHRR_Hd9AdLG2MQfTcdhiuanTmQ_rE4Qq4MqjeNmZ_HbmgXXVqds--l5OADT7t9EzaBruvpwYiHg0GPgQGxJ7v-4BlIYdX-iaviOHpVR2SIc8VjmjfbJooLltHFVqeYKSVG=w1041-h823-no

uJy38vGe1D3L1G5yxEX8U7ACZ2sDBBLKAr6OPkSSDvyVq2wheAqihvCAc84jBaRqK6OoPzLRPec9zw5lKKdR-N5c6YGfRxtzgu-b-890B60eNEq9n6u9KW-cGtd96X6xgH_dQa4vdDBsC3_ZN46rbtZAxDZsXfB4Ey5hDPy1Jaapxq4qbyJfVzzg-zhweTq6nlPwtB_vGytmWuiR9Ox_2uLi_TlopSZV74aaS5s5kkq1ZgbemuKSz6lpdTQ3P4x2VCDrKzL8roOq6GDyis4g3Whq7jnI-T0VmedYjV0aNBx-0hSDyN100_wLgRPMFgiyXsjR8a91vuX8Kt5WHtMfMrWmdYVt9bxQTBHSTeWCGriqAhr5UQkPsLxMYXkQ6LdLTLodpPF-w1odcIEjtfYjxIHO8CzRc1QcNVJ9dkraRUDvyGbzbsK3jOL79skBCUrXNPyGWLu1KdFaSfcAq_aVUldXWpUTzA5BH5bO1fPOYaRKb4s45FGSsov3GoZ4xy7aL5JMqlINRF-M2OUy53hroD93sKMC1zfutWO__aQeleBNxKOprEqGGLbSqpIGM6S8RcoEyWmfugufP-uXiyVmAI-KJ29ZWn3x=w1055-h910-no

QoVKc3kbFNkC_cm6jz0p-ewvSUqRc2bXOtVzHDjngisnEiS9OrLzhwUOWtuYTH8h1mRha87OSYu31B1ndc8LWM3cuBdNyF60u_m0HE8eiVZN4MnS52Sc-uuBVp2OtO7jTSzwSd1Mg7kVejj0k8ztI1JgFkD3koJctO4-4TBO761yvmiXZ4GaxC3MOXzUzRutSSoYqbuR3BKMkuZ7VcuNwRaaRuSBDFdO-7xN5zMHttq0ug1i2o08NNaCD0CHSnZaBheYqLRBMrmjEDDRathhgcWeXrc0BWsApVzq2LuyCH3a711CRLYxJvk8vzcWTgiR1ZNOEhS3RNrKXW__rTurGr_pSOf9IMrjjTxClNBdAVWlulg9jMSN-aqhaktz_y8kpMc1pm8gTXN9l_J2k6g5glr651WH7ah1BQQ61r5zuwcfXaEtsJvDhqWiK7pO448_igqHxmeS-JyP0Gq0kvpmvAEAz5vhyl9n-UBDtzIPUZIphV0BoTEX_MxEZvgJK6ZgtfIDB-AzJNfElqToVrDEpHNVNJk0i32q2piPF4PopYRMYIcSFdXO4WaNl7Lm5Ogho7Lek02pxC8FA2s968Vi9zVjdpr-IAfx=w869-h842-no

Latest Posts

Back