GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.14)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 35 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
gt-sport-thread-logo-png.687365

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.

2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.

3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png

Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. Sports Mode
 - The judgement algorithms for the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and Penalties have been adjusted.

2. Brand Central
 - The Mazda's photo spots #4 and #5 can now be used.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- Fixed an issue with the Gran Turismo F1500T-A where the grip strength of the Super Soft tyres was too weak;
- Fixed an issue wherein the chequered pattern when adjusting the “Peak Brightness Settings” on HDR compatible monitors during the initial setup was not displayed properly;
- Various other issues have been addressed.​

Undocumented Changes
- Audi R8 and Ford GT have slightly changed sounds
- Gran Turismo F1500T-A has had its overall physics tweaked.

Attachments

• Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
    Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
    6.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Thread Icons (Physics).png
    Thread Icons (Physics).png
    6.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
1. Sports Mode
- The judgement algorithms for the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and Penalties have been adjusted.

Thank **** :lol:

anyone care to do a comparison? :D

I'm working on one right now. Will update reply when done. Waiting on game to update.

Edit: It doesn't sound like there is a change to the R8. At least to my ears. I thought I heard something, but then went back and listened carefully, and decided against it. The GT did get more of a V8 grumble. Easily noticeable, especially in the lower RPM range. I have a stereo system with sub. For the GT, pay attention to the sound when I drive through the cones.

I also did a simple rev to red-line outside and inside the car. Compared the audio waves in Audition. The GT has a lot more lower frequencies. The R8 has changes when compared. But they are so minute, you'll notice it more if you use headphones.

Last edited:
1. Sports Mode

Thank **** :lol:

Hum.. just asking...

Since that "Undocumented Changes" should be considered everything that in not written nor clear on the "documents"... (changelog.. for example) from the Developers...

And then... considering this, does´nt any information about the way the new Algorithm now work from the Guys (GTS real players)... should be considered as "Undocumented Changes" ????? (as there´s not even the minimum information about this issue except the statement that it´s changed..) :crazy::boggled::D

Hum.. just asking...

Since that "Undocumented Changes" should be considered everything that in not written nor clear on the "documents"... (changelog.. for example) from the Developers...

And then... considering this, does´nt any information about the way the new Algorithm now work from the Guys (GTS real players)... should be considered as "Undocumented Changes" ????? (as there´s not even the minimum information about this issue except the statement that it´s changed..) :crazy::boggled::D

True... as we only have a general comment... no specifics ie. if time penalties are still handed out as easily etc... anyone tried yet?

There was a bug where any new car acquired after update 1.13 (whether by purchasing or getting by daily driving reward) wouldn't have a thumbnail in the garage view (when you go to change cars)

Can anybody check to see if that has been patched? In class atm and I can't check myself.

There was a bug where any new car acquired after update 1.13 (whether by purchasing or getting by daily driving reward) wouldn't have a thumbnail in the garage view (when you go to change cars)

Can anybody check to see if that has been patched? In class atm and I can't check myself.
I never had this issue so that might be a problem with your game.

I think it was fixed but I shall check it again when I get home from work and report back if someone else hasn't done so by then.

I have this too, only started at the weekend. Will check when I get home.

Updated, not fixed. Some car thumbnails still wont load

Last edited:
The F1500T-A's OP grip seems to be nerfed. It's now a lot closer to drive to the 97T in GT6 than a modern day F1 car in terms of grip. I noticed this immediately as I did the GT League Brands and Interlagos race the day before the update, and the Suzuka race right after. Braking distances are longer, car understeers more on entry and wheelspins a lot more on throttle application. Also if you're not smooth with steering even at high speeds with downforce the rear end will still break lose. Seems like instead of increasing the RSS tyre's grip, they reduced all tyre's grip one compound (so new RSS = old RS, new RS = old RM, and so on). The turbo lag seems more prominent as well. Sound still too weak though.

I have this too, only started at the weekend. Will check when I get home.

Updated, not fixed. Some car thumbnails still wont load

Have u tried re-applying the skin/livery? Re-applying made the thumbnail come back in my case.

You can now search liveries/cars/decals via upload date or popularity (Website only)

Via popularity gives way lesser results, however.

They need to fix the F1500T-A from the new update its ruined mine badly I was doing 1 minute 13 seconds on interlagos track & 1 minute 14 seconds ish on dragon trail but now can't get anywhere near it its got massive understeer oversteer no grip at all on any off tyres I use I had to change my car setup because off the update & its made my Gr.3 & Gr.1 cars slower now too please get this fixed

They need to fix the F1500T-A from the new update its ruined mine badly I was doing 1 minute 13 seconds on interlagos track & 1 minute 14 seconds ish on dragon trail but now can't get anywhere near it its got massive understeer oversteer no grip at all on any off tyres I use I had to change my car setup because off the update & its made my Gr.3 & Gr.1 cars slower now too please get this fixed

This. I was having great fun with this car prior to the update. Now it's been ruined. The wheelspin will spin you like a top even in 4th gear. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

This. I was having great fun with this car prior to the update. Now it's been ruined. The wheelspin will spin you like a top even in 4th gear. It was fun while it lasted I guess.
The car had awful physics period. it gained grip when you hit the curbs .

I may have found a bug, or at least I haven't noticed anybody else complaining about it. No idea if this is 1.14 specific but I only noticed itnow.

When photographing a car in a saved replay, it looks like this:

20180315234941.jpg

While the actual decals, viewed in the livery editor, look like this:

Gran_Turismo_SPORT_20180315234734.jpg

That's obviously not good. I tried five different custom liveries, one made by myself and four others made by four different people, and they all suffer from the same thing.

I may have found a bug, or at least I haven't noticed anybody else complaining about it. No idea if this is 1.14 specific but I only noticed itnow.

20180315234941.jpg

That's obviously not good. I tried five different custom liveries, one made by myself and four others made by four different people, and they all suffer from the same thing.
Hi Greycap! This is an old problem in the game and annoying as heck. I hope they fix it soon.

20180315234941.jpg

This is not a game bug it has been like this since the beginning already.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-games-comparison-video-thread.355423/page-71

If you take a look at this thread @AKbizzy can give a look of what to expect when viewing photo's in saved replay.

And I believe it has always been like this thay GT uses much richer texture quality for photomode; scapes and in this case the livery editor mode aswell.
While ingame it's capabilities are decreased due to compensate for much stable framerates.

Hi Greycap! This is an old problem in the game and annoying as heck. I hope they fix it soon.
I doubt we will be able to see a fix for it given their objective of keeping a stable framerate.. perhaps for the PS5 or PS4 Super Pro :lol:

I dont know if this is actually new or whether it has already been posted somewhere already (I played in the lobbies last night for the first time in a month or so) but we can now see the lap counter when spectating in lobbies.

They really need fix the F1500T-A I can't get near my lap times used to do before the update ruined my cars got massive understeer oversteer no grip at all I used do 1minute 13 seconds at interlagos in the f1 car but now im doing 1 minute 17 seconds SMH & its affected my Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars too

its made my Gr.3 & Gr.1 cars slower now too please get this fixed
it im hating how they ruined it & my Gr.1 & 3 cars
its affected my Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars too

There's nothing to fix in the Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars. You're the only one I see complaining about it and having just tried them myself, everything is as it used to be. My previous Gr.3 records at Suzuka were from March 6th and I was able to match them, in fact beat them by a few tenths. My Gr.1 records, also at Suzuka, were from March 11th and the same thing happened. Two cars tried in both groups. They haven't changed at all.

I can see the difference in lap times on my screen with the Gr.1 & 3 cars I can't get near my lap records I was doing before the update happened nerfed the cornering acceleration & braking off them & it has giving me bad understeer oversteer which I never had before from the same tuning I did & used but I had to change some off them now to get near to where I was before but im still 2 to 3 seconds off my best I used to do

Back