GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.15)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 182 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.

2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.

3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

New Cars

- The following 13 cars have been added:
  ・Lexus au TOM'S RC F ‘16 (GR.2)
  ・Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R ‘16 (GR.2)
  ・Honda RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT ‘16 (Gr.2)
  ・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard ‘14 (Gr.X)
  ・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior ‘14 (Gr.X)
  ・Aston Martin DB11 '16 (N600)
  ・BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89 (N200)
  ・Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty (N800)
  ・Ford GT40 Mark I '66 (N400)
  ・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 (Gr.3)
  ・Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 (N200)
  ・Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 (N600)
  ・Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R33) '97 (N300)

New Track

- The "Tsukaba Circuit" has been added

Campaign Mode

- The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
  ・Beginner's League “Nissan GT-R Cup”
  ・Amateur League “Red Bull X Jr. Series”
  ・Professional League “All Japan GT Car Championships”
  ・”FR Challenge” Round 4 and 5
  ・”Mazda Roadster Cup+” Round 4 and 5
  ・”Midship Challenge” Round 4 and 5
  ・”Gr.3 Endurance Series” Round 2

Scapes

- “Sakura” has been added to the special featured section.

Brand Central
- Museums have been added to Mini and Renault Sport.

Sport Mode

- If a car pushes another car into a wall, the penalty applied to the player of the car that caused the incident will now be more severe;
 - In a collision between two cars, the car behind will no longer receive a more severe penalty;
 - A Time Penalty will no longer be applied to cars spinning out of control;
 - No penalties for collisions will be applied while a Time Penalty is counting down. (*In a future update, we plan to make cars under such condition semi-transparent);
 - Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted depending on the distance from the player's car.

Lobby

- A “Ghost Lapped Cars” option has been added to the [Penalty Settings] screen.

Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue wherein opening the Settings screen of a car with a great 'Distance Driven' value would display an incorrect number under the 'Maximum Power' stat. (*This was only a display issue and had no performance effect.)

VR Tour Mode

- The [VR Time Trial] mode has been added;
 - You can now receive rewards from the VR Drive and VR Time Trial modes.

Controller

- Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel (for PS4) support has been added;
 - Some functions of the Fanatec® CSL Elite Racing Wheel, including the Rev Light / LED display, are not currently supported (these will become available in a future update). Furthermore, depending on the type of steering wheel in use, some buttons may be assigned differently on the PS4, or may not function at all (the directional key push button is not supported on the PS4, for example). For more details, please check the product's manual and official website;
 - Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod compatibility has been increased. (*The side brake input is now supported.)
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Undocumented Changes

- The Scape Photos in the main menu while idle now have the Scape names and locations in the bottom left corner.

- A correction of eligibility criteria for Premier Lounge at Blue Moon has been made. Now cars costing more than 100,000cr are allowed.

- New powder option and darker black for decals in livery editor

- It is no longer possible to race in arcade mode with a car different from the class its racing with.

- The shadows on the tires of the F1500T has been fixed

- Sport mode UI during warmups have changed. A more audible sound has been added for races about to begin.

- The trophys in the GT league menu are now animated.

- Sound changed on the Ford GT.

Last edited:
We don't even have the official patch notes yet guys. How can undocumented stuff be posted?

Basically going off things from the announcement before in place. Once the patch notes come, I'll remove what isn't undocumented. I sorta take responsibility for jumping the gun as soon as the servers went under maintenance.

It's a documented change, but Fanatec is now supported by GTS :)

I would say something, but then I realized I didn't include that part in the documented changes so that's on me. Will amend to include that.

Bug - After replaying Drift mode (same track, same car) a certain number of times (9 times for me), some of the sounds won't be played. The following sounds will not be played: points counting towards the drift section, audience reaction, selecting to move to the rewards screen, the rewards screen itself, Drift Trial menu (with start, replay, exit, etc. buttons). After exiting the mode, the sounds will come back, but will be muted out again if you go back to Drift Mode.

Bug - After replaying a Drift mode (same track, same car) a certain number of times (9 times for me), some of the sounds won't be played. The following sounds will not be played: points counting towards the drift section, audience reaction, selecting to move to the rewards screen, the rewards screen itself, Drift Trial menu (with start, replay, exit, etc. buttons). After exiting the mode, the sounds will come back, but will be muted out again if you go back to Drift Mode.

Thread for that here:

Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png

They added more tire smoke but removed completely exhaust fires now even race cars don't have them...thats very lame tested on 911 RSR and Honda GT500...on RSR still sounds like fire popping out but nothing :banghead:

Just tested more race cars and exhaust fires are mess...on LMP cars they coming from under the car and stuff...most gt3 cars dont have them at all but have audio like they do...

They added more tire smoke but removed completely exhaust fires now even race cars don't have them...thats very lame tested on 911 RSR and Honda GT500...on RSR still sounds like fire popping out but nothing :banghead:

Once again, thread for that here:

Correction of eligibility criteria for Premier Lounge at Blue Moon.......now advises cars costing more than 100,000cr.

New powder option and darker black for decals in livery editor

OP has been updated with proper patch notes from the official site. Please carefully read them before posting any undocumented changes.

On the Warm-Up Screen, there is an orange mark saying Warm-Up time remaining, and a thing saying "Final 6 Lap(s)" at the top of the screen.

It then says:

"Warm Up Completed"

and

"Race is about to begin" or something like that

and then there is a different screen before the qualifying time run-down on the grid.

On the Warm-Up Screen, there is an orange mark saying Warm-Up time remaining, and a thing saying "Final 6 Lap(s)" at the top of the screen.

It then says:

"Warm Up Completed"

and

"Race is about to begin" or something like that

and then there is a different screen before the qualifying time run-down on the grid.

Here is a video showing those changes

There is also an after-race change during the celebration animation however I don't have footage. Some text was more centered together (still on the right side but centre alignment together), and there was a 'star' for a clean race I think.

Doing my daily grind at Blue Moon. Have been using the GR3 Atenza Road Car version min weight and tuned to 599 it is now much, much slower and struggles to pass even the first few cars. Previously I would win every time, overtaking the last car on the last couple of laps. Have moved back to the McLaren and all is normal with that car, i.e. pretty easy to win and just as fast. I would say the Atenza lap time is down 4 seconds.

CJ

Last edited:
New GT League Events

FR Challenge:
Blue Moon Bay Infield A II (4 Laps)
Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop (2 Laps)

Roaster Cup
Tsukuba Circuit (8 Laps)
Blue Moon Bay Infield A (6 Laps)

MR Challenge
Kyoto Yamigawa (6 Laps)
Suzuka Circuit (6 Laps)

Gr.3 Endurance Series
Mount Panorama (25 Laps)

This is a bit more detail regarding Sport Mode changes. It is a post from Polyphony on the PS Forum

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Regarding-penalty-judgements/m-p/25604944

For example:

"- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue."

THANK YOU

This is a bit more detail regarding Sport Mode changes. It is a post from Polyphony on the PS Forum

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Regarding-penalty-judgements/m-p/25604944

For example:

"- Depending on the player's network environment, the communications time lag (where a car's position moves or wavers momentarily) was creating a large increase in collision speed, even when it only appeared to be a slight/mild collision incident to the player . As a result, the penalty judgement system was overreacting to these incidents. We have now adjusted the penalty judgement standard to alleviate this issue."

THANK YOU
so did they fix the overreacting incidents or did they just make the penalty algorithm ignore it?

Back