GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RACECAR, May 30, 2018.

1. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

I don’t know for sure, but braking the Gr.1 Porsche feels different now. If I slam the brakes, it feels they lock more (using ABS). Maybe there’s a small change in the tire model.

2. phil_75

phil_75

But penalties don't increase below 10sec still, why do people keep posting false info?

Qyn, Cuber Tom and Litchi like this.
  3. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Afaik it depends on your DR rating

4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Odd, I'll have to check but I could've sworn it did that when I tried the Le Mans race.

5. ice311man

ice311man

I've done custom races many times I always get the 2 BMWs and the GT-R as the 1-2-3 :(

6. Litchi

Litchi

No,it doesn't. Time penalty starts to increase from 10.001s penalty. No matter your DR etc.

Qyn and Cuber Tom like this.
  7. zlays

zlays

there's more smoke only in time trial when you're alone on the track but that was always that way...in race it sucks big time even gt6 had more tire smoke in race...this combined with exhaust flame removed when playing in 4k on ps4 pro it ruins immersion big time for us chase cam players...

8. KingFrog

KingFrog (Banned)

It's odd, sometimes its random and others its not. The night of the update I was getting 100% random grids. I even took pictures to prove it. Now I get random grids 25% of the time. I know for sure its not 100% the same grid as i got different line ups

ice311man likes this.
  9. djm99

djm99

What?? didn't know a patch had been released...where have i been lol.

Macboyilija likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. I noticed totally random grids after thd patch. Now, it's not so much. I did note in another thread, I still get the same top 10 and bottom 10. However, the Megane Trophy '11 starts from 1st all the time, when it replaces one of the "older" cars.

11. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Just did the F1500TA extra races, it seems the handling is back to the original one. Very planted and grippy. Also the sound seems to have been made louder, but that could be the engine sound adjustment (I have mine at +5.0) finally working.

sirjim73 likes this.
  12. Krypton78

Krypton78

I'm really surprised that Raybrig is easier to control in the acceleration out of the curve without assists.

I thought yesterday in Suzuka it was because of the new Megane, but today its the same with the Honda also.

But I'm not sure about it, maybe its placebo because of the rumor about tire physics change...

But I'm pretty sure that I could barely control Raybrig without asdists. Now I need to turn CSA off to be faster.

Btw, If I turn TCS on, then the laptimes go really bad. Maybe they weakened TCS/2 also?

Artem and Mirror_man like this.
  13. Venster

Venster

Not sure about a new tyre model but in some cases things feel different. The Ferrari GR3 has never been easy to drive but seems to have horrible lift off oversteer in higher speed corners. Not noticed before

Krypton78 likes this.
  14. phil_75

phil_75

Well im A+

15. CKVK

CKVK

I know what you mean. G29 now has feeling in it like in other games if not better.

Suntek likes this.
  16. J.D

J.D

So is the new tyre model added with the may update ?

17. iFuriousRacer

iFuriousRacer

@J.D No I don't think that the new tyre model has been added with the latest update. The cars still handle like before the update for me. At the Nürburgring event the handling was noticibly different.

mthomas_95, J.D and kusi18 like this.
  18. Krypton78

Krypton78

What???

Really? They improved G29 FFB ???

19. outofspace

outofspace

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but we can find the Nurburgring tourist layout while looking for a lobby in the filter! It definitely wasn't there before the update! The lobby owner could select it when the room is set to free run but we couldn't select it in the filter!

20. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

I am really curious about this tyre model everyone speaks off here..:)

Can someone eleborate what exactly changes?? Thank in advance :cheers:

Nando deBem likes this.
  21. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I'm not sure exactly what has changed, but I have a theory - I think they grip a bit less a low speeds and don't react as quick to direction changes. Don't know for sure though.

22. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

I was not being serious of course. Sorry for the confusion.

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  23. sirjim73

sirjim73

I haven't driven the F1500TA for a while, ever since the previous update screwed up the handling (in my opinion). I've just done the 2 new races and it felt to me the handling had improved, though as I say I haven't driven them for a while so it could be just placebo effect.

24. Rinsky

Rinsky

I knew you were joking around yet I still found myself keeping an eye for it. :lol:

Macboyilija likes this.
  25. SmnSyz

SmnSyz

It looks like the cockpit settings reset even though their values are saved. This misalignment only happens the first time you check in a session. Once an edit is made in both settings they display correctly for all cars for the remainder of the session.

Knukel and Azerach like this.
  26. elston87

elston87

I don't know if this was changed via last update or whatever (I have not played GT Sport for a while) but when configuring a Custom Race on the Nurburgring 24h course, I was disappointed to find out that the tire wear/fuel consumption have both been restricted/reduced to a maximum of 3x consumption. I am going to assume that this is to prevent players from winning races against higher-class cars in a significantly lower-class car (most-popular being N100 vs Gr.B).

I have not checked any other course yet, but I am going to assume that this change is universal.

27. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Have they added more helicopters flying round into the existing race circuits with this update?

I could swear I have never seen a helicopter before on Maggiore or Mount Panorama yet there now seem to be quite a few
    helicopters flying around the circuits?