GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 146 comments
I don’t know for sure, but braking the Gr.1 Porsche feels different now. If I slam the brakes, it feels they lock more (using ABS). Maybe there’s a small change in the tire model.

But penalties don't increase below 10sec still, why do people keep posting false info?

Odd, I'll have to check but I could've sworn it did that when I tried the Le Mans race.

Big change , one that I have been bitching about since day 1
I'm proud to say
car grids are now completely random in custom / arcade race .
Tested it with five tracks .
Previously car grids were hand picked by polyphony .
That meant every #1-2 car in GT 3 was a BMW and the third car was always a GTR etc.

The best proof is Rally .
If you picked starting #2 you always got the Audi Quatro as an opponent . If you picked #1 you got a mustang Gr.b

I've done custom races many times I always get the 2 BMWs and the GT-R as the 1-2-3 :(

Have they added more smoke? It seems if you lock up or spin seems to be more smoke come pouring past you, not noticed this before?
there's more smoke only in time trial when you're alone on the track but that was always that way...in race it sucks big time even gt6 had more tire smoke in race...this combined with exhaust flame removed when playing in 4k on ps4 pro it ruins immersion big time for us chase cam players...

I've done custom races many times I always get the 2 BMWs and the GT-R as the 1-2-3 :(
It's odd, sometimes its random and others its not. The night of the update I was getting 100% random grids. I even took pictures to prove it. Now I get random grids 25% of the time. I know for sure its not 100% the same grid as i got different line ups

It's odd, sometimes its random and others its not. The night of the update I was getting 100% random grids. I even took pictures to prove it. Now I get random grids 25% of the time. I know for sure its not 100% the same grid as i got different line ups
Yep. I noticed totally random grids after thd patch. Now, it's not so much. I did note in another thread, I still get the same top 10 and bottom 10. However, the Megane Trophy '11 starts from 1st all the time, when it replaces one of the "older" cars.

Just did the F1500TA extra races, it seems the handling is back to the original one. Very planted and grippy. Also the sound seems to have been made louder, but that could be the engine sound adjustment (I have mine at +5.0) finally working.

I'm really surprised that Raybrig is easier to control in the acceleration out of the curve without assists.

I thought yesterday in Suzuka it was because of the new Megane, but today its the same with the Honda also.

But I'm not sure about it, maybe its placebo because of the rumor about tire physics change...

But I'm pretty sure that I could barely control Raybrig without asdists. Now I need to turn CSA off to be faster.

Btw, If I turn TCS on, then the laptimes go really bad. Maybe they weakened TCS/2 also?

Not sure about a new tyre model but in some cases things feel different. The Ferrari GR3 has never been easy to drive but seems to have horrible lift off oversteer in higher speed corners. Not noticed before

So far, I think Logitech G29 finally got some love!

- Now is even possible to counter and pull yourself out if reacting quick enough!
Though this can be for more wheels but I know for G29 with assists off.

- Full brakes are now showing at full bar, not at about 70% like before...

And if wasn't:

- now is actually showing 0km (next to clock) of actual day, not distance passed last time (day or more)
I know what you mean. G29 now has feeling in it like in other games if not better.

I am really curious about this tyre model everyone speaks off here..:)

Can someone eleborate what exactly changes?? Thank in advance :cheers:
I'm not sure exactly what has changed, but I have a theory - I think they grip a bit less a low speeds and don't react as quick to direction changes. Don't know for sure though.

Just did the F1500TA extra races, it seems the handling is back to the original one. Very planted and grippy. Also the sound seems to have been made louder, but that could be the engine sound adjustment (I have mine at +5.0) finally working.

I haven't driven the F1500TA for a while, ever since the previous update screwed up the handling (in my opinion). I've just done the 2 new races and it felt to me the handling had improved, though as I say I haven't driven them for a while so it could be just placebo effect.

It looks like the cockpit settings reset even though their values are saved. This misalignment only happens the first time you check in a session. Once an edit is made in both settings they display correctly for all cars for the remainder of the session.

I don't know if this was changed via last update or whatever (I have not played GT Sport for a while) but when configuring a Custom Race on the Nurburgring 24h course, I was disappointed to find out that the tire wear/fuel consumption have both been restricted/reduced to a maximum of 3x consumption. I am going to assume that this is to prevent players from winning races against higher-class cars in a significantly lower-class car (most-popular being N100 vs Gr.B).

I have not checked any other course yet, but I am going to assume that this change is universal.

Have they added more helicopters flying round into the existing race circuits with this update?

I could swear I have never seen a helicopter before on Maggiore or Mount Panorama yet there now seem to be quite a few
helicopters flying around the circuits?

Back