GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.19)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 146 comments
Just done a custom GT3 race at Le Mans and it was the usual grid with the BMWs 1 and 2 so has not changed for me.

CJ
Reload the race . I'm litteraly in a GR3 race with a different orde
Not working for me in GT3 class in either custom race or arcade with inter opponents I only get the two BMWs one and two on the grid. Tried about 8 times and have also restarted GTS in case the various updates had not kicked in fully.
Please let me know what race config you are using.

CJ
That's odd , I tested it today and got the same order . Last night I was getting random grids . I even have screen shots .

Arcade mode AI are now completely randomized in both Single and Custom race. Cars are no longer in the same order every time you race them.

Fake news!

Okay, we’ll maybe not that much but the whole M6 duo and the GT-R close behind is still a thing, so once you get passed all the random mooks the race is still scripted.

Last edited:
It seems PD has made the grids random to a degree .
First 2 -3 cars are fixed order in GR
20180530_121752.jpg
20180530_121942.jpg
20180530_122100.jpg

Attachments

• 20180530_121617.jpg
    20180530_121617.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 22
Fake news!

Okay, we’ll maybe not that much but the whole M6 duo and the GT-R close behind is still a thing, so once you get passed all the random mooks the race is still scripted.

I think race car should change it to being partially random .
Every course now has it's " hero " cars . Before it was one grid copy pasted . Get a N600 car and switch courses . La ferrari is always #1 but the rest of the grid is unique . Gr 4 is completely random ( or so it seams ) I might just make a thread on this .

I don't know if anyone noticed but even though i got a penalty at every lap in the first and last sectors on today's daily race (5 laps at Le Mans) I still got SR up arrows and at the end my SR was blue.

Yes. I just finished Le Mans, must have gotten at least 20 seconds in penalties. I ran them off and got a 10 point SR bump up. The rumble strips are very sensitive to boundary limits.

Not sure if it's a bug, but just getting off the throttle in the Porsche curves bleeds penalties off quickly.

Yes. I just finished Le Mans, must have gotten at least 20 seconds in penalties. I ran them off and got a 10 point SR bump up. The rumble strips are very sensitive to boundary limits.

Not sure if it's a bug, but just getting off the throttle in the Porsche curves bleeds penalties off quickly.
The only turn you can pass wide out the rumble strip without penalties is at corvette turn it seems.

Fake news!

Would just like to point out I've had a random order when I gave it a try. Guess its moreso random in whether it gives you a completely randomized field or a partial one.

Crap. Definitely no new tire model (yet). From what I understood, the tire model also changed the way the slip behaved globally, to a more smooth grip-loss, also more in line with Assetto Corsa (for lack of a better realistic sim example). In the World Tour they also showcased a few new replay cameras. I assume these are missing as well?

They already changed the tire model awhile back. When the game first came out it was extremely hard to accelerate from a stop even with an MX-5. It is much easier now and actually pretty realistic, haven driven that particular car for real.

The tire model in GT Sport is actually quite good now in my opinion.

They already changed the tire model awhile back. When the game first came out it was extremely hard to accelerate from a stop even with an MX-5. It is much easier now and actually pretty realistic, haven driven that particular car for real.

The tire model in GT Sport is actually quite good now in my opinion.
i remember trying to get golds with the old tire model, i cant believe how super easy it got after that.

Few things I’ve noticed...

There was a bug in online lobbies where the starting order listed did not match the actual starting order. This looks fixed.

The cockpit position settings felt like they reset everytime I got on. This also looks fixed.

Penalties are stricter. In online lobbies they now grow until you bleed.

Just keep it to state & city in my opinion.
Even if it were the state, then the capital city or other would be better than what we've got now. This is my post from another thread below.
Anyone else get ridiculous regions for Sport Mode? There's only one region to choose from in the whole of South Australia and it's not even the capital city, it's a small council region in Adelaide.:crazy: Great work PD :lol:

View attachment 739750

View attachment 739751

In 1.18, one of the Mercedes-Benz scapes spot (which Patent Motorwagen is featured) couldn't be selected.
Has it been fixed?

Last edited:
In regards to penaltys are they back to burning off as soon as you lift of the accelerator as opposed to virtually having to stop as was the case before?

I am definitely finding that you can scrub off penalties by not going full speed and not like before the patch where you had to pretty much stop. I have even found that where I am not 100% on the braking points yet at Le Mans I am scrubbing off penalties without trying!!

CJ

Back